Now eating/drinking
  • Ardbeg is fucking incredible.

That burger....not so much.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Tasted amazing, but was clearly sinful.
  • Looks vile. 

Lamb burger looked good though hallo turtle how r u?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I am drinking a litre of unhomogenized biodynamic milk (with the layer of cream on top).  Magnificent.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Looks vile.  Lamb burger looked good though hallo turtle how r u?

Hallax Unliklux, the burger was indeed good, if a little on the tall side. The sun is out today so I've been riding round town with my top off like a complete prick. How R U?
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Good man.  I am at work but I have just found out that even though I am a contractor I can take next Tuesday off and still get paid which is a bonus and I want a lamb burger.
  • Skerret, I don't understand why homogenized milk is bad. I drink regular supermarket skimmed milk - is that less healthy than unhomogenized milk?
  • Smoked salmon and cream cheese sarnie, crisps and coke zero.

yus

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Samosa chatt and pickled cabbage. I got some barfi for the kids but i might just eat it myself.
  • Brooks wrote:
    That may well happen if it turns out duff. Or, or, I'll just polish off the Ardbeg and purchase more Ardbeg.
    Will be visiting the greatest whisky shop in the world this weekend.
    Www.lfw.co.uk
    Got some Ardbeg already, can you recommend anything else?

Gamertag: gremill
  • I have just eaten 2 crumpets with lots of butter, washing it down with a cold glass of orange juice with lots of ice.
  • Might get me a hog roast bap for lunch.
  • Nick wrote:
    Might get me a hog roast bap for lunch.
    You are a machine Nick.

Just chomping on RedVines at the mo.
  • Like Twizzlers. American, red liquorice type things.
  • The Roast of Sherwood, where I woulda had my hog roll in Whitecross Street Market, was almost sold out by half twelve so I went for a burrito from Luardo's instead and it's damn fine. Beautiful carnitas and chipotle sauce in there.

• So much bresaola
  • Post gym can of tuna on wholemeal.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    During weights ice cold water.

Om nom.

Now ur talking. Any balsamic and olive oil drizzled on that bitch?

Teaspoon of Salad Cream.

• Nick wrote:
    I ate this dirty, filthy mistress last night: MeatMarket's Black Palace: 30may002.jpg Was quite something. The place is nice too

Had me one of those a couple weeks ago...good, although a little heavy going! They only have double burgers on the menu there though. 

Have you been to Meat Liquor? Same people but more like a restaurant, and bigger menu. The straight up cheese burger there is awesome. And the deep fried pickles.
    Teaspoon of Salad Cream.

Christ!
  • Tartar sauce without the shitty bits of pickle, wut.
  • Lalalalalalasagne.

and chocolate cake

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yoghurt covered dried apricots. Cup o T.
  • weadre knows.

Agreed that particular one erred on the side of too greasy, but in true Meat Liquor style the whole was more than the sum of its parts. Better than an overcooked lamb burger with offensively big chunks of onion and lettuce slung on off the bottom of the stalk, all in a dry looking bun and no visible juice/sauce to speak of.

(N.B I know you enjoyed it Turtle man, which is all that matters - no offense intended but for me it commits burger sins of the highest kind and it's been bothering me all day. The main thing was you had a nice meal with g, I'm not trying to be confrontational!)

Anyway, been to Meat Liquor, a few times, and just in general on the hunt for the best burger and real BBQ in London. Lucky Chip needs a visit soon. And I heard one of the best in town is at a pub called the Admiral Codrington. Place I'm definitly going to next is the Pitt Cue Co. God, their food looks good.

I much preferred the actual venue in Market compared to Liquor - fuck the dark noisyness and deliberately rude to be trendy maitre d' in Liquor. Shame you can't get the wings and chilli cheese fries at this one, but the Hard Shakes made up for it.

• London is too good for food. Remember walking around Soho (shoosh) with a mate this year looking for a bite to eat. Most bars were asking a tenner for a burger or Sandwhich, fount this tiny Italian place that did hot filled ciabatta, they could barely speak English and they were asking £2/3 for a STACKED ciabatta. Jesus, so damn nice.
  • Nick wrote:
    just in general on the hunt for the best burger and real BBQ in London.

'Bodeans' do a very good burger, cooked how you want it, warning though each patte is a proper slab o meat, only go for a double if you are super hungry.
    Theres 4 Bodeans now I think, though I have only been to Clapham high st and Soho ones. I absolutely LOVE this place, the chips are amazing skin on wonderment. I've not had a bad meal there and we normally wangle free shots and cake by singing happy birthday regardless of if it is someones birthday.

'All Star lanes' on Brick lane also do an excellent burger. The place is really cool, it's an american diner and bar up front then a cocktail bar and bowling alley out back.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!