Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • If i pick up this new expansion, do i get all the cards? Because that Reno one looks like it could make some very interesting and original combos
  • I play this quite a bit. Haven't spent any money on it though, which lowers the success ceiling considerably. Did get to 9 arena wins the other day though.

Likewise. My best arena is 4 wins though, don't think I've quite got the hang of the draft yet. Only played arena 4 or 5 times though. Mainly enjoying the tavern brawl, usually get a lot of wins on that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I like Arena as im competing on vaguely even terms with people. Unlike in play mode, where every fucker has half a dozen legend status cards. I have 1, and it's not very good. 

That said, would be better if the arena card selection was actually random. Some things crop up far more than others.
  • If you buy the expansion you get all the cards but only after completing the adventure levels against the computer.  You get 1 card for completing each level and then a legendary for completing each set of levels.  1 set of levels is released each week.
  • is arena the best place to get gold without paying real cash?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • This is a great site for Arena drafts:

http://www.heartharena.com/

ADWCTA is a boss and has a sweet arena podcast called The Light Forge.

I got 11 wins once in what seems like the dim and distant past.

If you buy the expansion you get to unlock all the League cards only over a few weeks.  If you need earlier cards you need the past packs and/or adventures.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Completing your quests is best for gold.  You can go for Arena of course but Infinite Arena players average 6/7 wins a run.
  • Business end ladder meta discussion each week here:

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/meta-snapshot-36-blizzcon-hype

Some good decks are very cheap.  You still have to play them well regardless.
  • thanks ayns - crazy how deep the game is. My lack of Arcane Dust is a stumbling block

• Yeah, I've played it consistently since the start, never got bored of it.

Building a low cost competitive deck is a good way to start.
  • Seat Story Cup 4 is on this weekend, it's one of the more interesting tournaments to watch imho. 

Here is a link for your viewing pleasure: http://www.twitch.tv/taketv_hs
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Watch out for Reckful vs Stancifka from Seat Story 4 on youtube in the next few days, it's probably the best game of Hearthstone I've ever seen, epic control warrior mirror match.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Watch out for Reckful vs Stancifka from Seat Story 4 on youtube in the next few days, it's probably the best game of Hearthstone I've ever seen, epic control warrior mirror match.
    Nice will check it out

• God bless the internet, here it is already!!!

Commentary might be a bit of an acquired taste though for some. 

• Awesome.  I love me some Hearthstone tournaments on Twitch.  I watched Reckful v RDU last night.  Control Warriors with double armour up are crazy.
  • So many Reno decks on ladder now and I imagine its only going to get worse after the seat story result.  At least its an upgrade from the old agro meta.
  • That final was crazy, I cant believe it was a clean sweep. Although the meta will be all over the place until the end of the expansion, so it'll be a nice few weeks of different decks floating around until the best ones float to the top (please be murloc shaman).
  • I enjoyed the whole tournament this weekend.  Good stuff.

I have made a Reno warlock deck.  Only brave enough for casual so far. lol
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Always up for a few games of Hearthstone. If anyone fancies adding me: Speedhaak #2571
  • Fallout and Isaac: Afterbirth cnsuming all my gaming time at the minute, haven't even looked at the new expansion for this. 

I think I already have you added mayber, haak. Whenever I'm next it on I'll prod you for a game if I see you.
  • I'm always up for some Hearthstone.

Currently up to rank 7 in ladder with my Tempo Mage.  Contemplating switching Azure Drakes to Ethereal Conjurers mainly because it just seems like a more fun card to play...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    To be fair I only usually play when I've been relegated to the iPad, but I intend to play more once I get up to speed on the new cards. Haven't played since Naxrammas so need to do some research on the new content.

• Easiest way is just watch some twitch streams or check out people like trump or kripparian on youtube who have decent videos on all the cards from each expansion.
  • I have you already Haak!

Munjahaidate#????
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Cool
  • Trying to rock a Bronzebeard Battlecry/Deathrattle Rogue.  It holds its' own but no more.  

Gotta tech!
  • RAPTOR THADDIUS ROGUE DECK DO IIIIT.
  • I've tried so many rogue decks but they haven't cut the mustard.  Will give it a go, dude!

I've been consistently streaking with a Bronzebeard/Malygos Warlock Deck - thought it a bit gimmicky with Malygos and all initially but it's been good to me so far.
  • Loving tavern brawl. Totally nailed last week's after a poor start. Got absolutely destroyed with my first couple of decks, but managed to put together a really solid one. Won 5 or 6 in a row.

Started well on this week's, won 2 lost 1.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • This game is very pay to win. There's skill for sure, and lots of room for understanding of the game, but there's also only so far you can go without spending quite a bit of cash. 

Im completely addicted but also somewhat frustrated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!