Monsieur Webbins' 360 Revival Thread
  • Elmlea wrote:
    So when you say bing is slow, what do you mean?  Is it sitting "thinking" for ages?  Or does it take ages to display the results?

Generally it sits thinking for ages.
  • “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo/Activision). “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” takes the best elements of the classic “THPS” games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.

HANG ON!  That's brilliant!  I have fond memories of THPS 3 and 4 on the Gamecube, of all things.

Also, the Tournaments thing sounds interesting, and I'm actually really looking forward to all this new content like the ESPN stuff.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    So when you say bing is slow, what do you mean?  Is it sitting "thinking" for ages?  Or does it take ages to display the results?
    Generally it sits thinking for ages.

I got nothing.  I guess it is doing some accent deciphering?
  • Anyone know if Virtua Fighter 5 FS came out today?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo/Activision). “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” takes the best elements of the classic “THPS” games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.
    HANG ON!  That's brilliant!  I have fond memories of THPS 3 and 4 on the Gamecube, of all things. Also, the Tournaments thing sounds interesting, and I'm actually really looking forward to all this new content like the ESPN stuff.
    Bad news for ya Elm, its just taking stuff from the first two games.
    Still should be good though, its defo a game Im excited about.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    Anyone know if Virtua Fighter 5 FS came out today?

It'll probably come out Wednesday, if it's coming out, won't it?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    pabloamigo wrote:
    Anyone know if Virtua Fighter 5 FS came out today?
    It'll probably come out Wednesday, if it's coming out, won't it?

Ah maybe, I still have no idea when stuff gets released on Live.
  • Seems my copy of Mass Effect has a scratch that prevents it from being installed to the HDD. I assume that's therefore big enough to crash the game when I get to that part of the disc.

If I borrowed a scratch free copy and installed that I take it I'd be able to run the game off the scratched version without any further issues?

If so, would someone lovely like to lend me a copy for a couple of days?

Also, finished Sherlock Holmes vs Jack The Ripper, so Rick, if you still want it drop me your address.
  • adored wrote:
    Seems my copy of Mass Effect has a scratch that prevents it from being installed to the HDD.
    If you've only tried once, it might be worth another go. I forget the game but I managed an install on a game that took three attempts.   

If I borrowed a scratch free copy and installed that I take it I'd be able to run the game off the scratched version without any further issues?

Almost definitely. 
    I'd lend you mine if I hadn't sold it.
  • Tried it 3 times, looks like a small but deep little chunk has been taken out of the disc. Will have to see if it knacks the game up when I reach that part of the disc.
  • ...and now we've reached that part. Oh well...
  • Go to the free thread and beg, i'm sure there are folks with it lying around. Same happened with Fable 2 for me, Vastik sorted me out, bigup
  • adored wrote:
    Tried it 3 times, looks like a small but deep little chunk has been taken out of the disc. Will have to see if it knacks the game up when I reach that part of the disc.

If it's not reached the foil, it could be worth giving the old toothpaste/Brasso trick a try.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • adored wrote:
    ...and now we've reached that part. Oh well...

You're welcome to borrow mine. PM me your details.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    adored wrote:

God bless you sir, PM incoming!
  • adored wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    adored wrote:
    God bless you sir, PM incoming!

Just PM'ed you to see which ME games you were after, got all 3 if needs be.
  • These questions have asked and answered many times but !!

Can I have the same account on 2 seperate x360's as long they're not both connected to live at the same time ?

Also has anyone got Hard drive transfer cable that I could borrow please , I did have one but loaned it out years around ye olde forum years ago
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo/Activision). “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” takes the best elements of the classic “THPS” games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.
    HANG ON!  That's brilliant!  I have fond memories of THPS 3 and 4 on the Gamecube, of all things. Also, the Tournaments thing sounds interesting, and I'm actually really looking forward to all this new content like the ESPN stuff.
    Bad news for ya Elm, its just taking stuff from the first two games. Still should be good though, its defo a game Im excited about.

3 has been confirmed as DLC
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    These questions have asked and answered many times but !! Can I have the same account on 2 seperate x360's as long they're not both connected to live at the same time ?   Also has anyone got Hard drive transfer cable that I could borrow please , I did have one but loaned it out years around ye olde forum years ago

Or transfer saves with a USB and redownload all the dlc or could I use the cloud save thingy ma jig and then transfer them from that when I've recovered my gamer tag ?

As I want to use both 360's I imagine this is the best method - if it works !!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    These questions have asked and answered many times but !! Can I have the same account on 2 seperate x360's as long they're not both connected to live at the same time ?   Also has anyone got Hard drive transfer cable that I could borrow please , I did have one but loaned it out years around ye olde forum years ago

You can have your Gamertag on multiple Xboxes now, I assume you can only sign in on one machine at a time but I've never actually tried.

You can only put saves on the cloud afaik, you could do that and then either copy your DLC to a USB stick or re-download.

You don't actually put the saves on the cloud per se, it makes a local save and then syncs to the cloud. If you're planning on running 2 boxes you move between I'm guessing cloud would be your best option going forward anyway.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Bad news for ya Elm, its just taking stuff from the first two games. Still should be good though, its defo a game Im excited about.
    3 has been confirmed as DLC
    Geniune yay, 3 was my favourite :D
  • Can anyone point me in the direction of a really cheap 360 hard disk transfer cable? I've put off moving to this 100gb from my 20gb for about a year now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Blockbuster will rent you one. If you only currently have a 20GB drive don't you have a USB flash drive you can use?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Blockbuster will rent you one. If you only currently have a 20GB drive don't you have a USB flash drive you can use?

Didn't know you could do this, can I use an iPod that's enabled as a HD to transfer stuff?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You can use a USB hard disc even though they recommend a flash type. So I'm assuming an iPod configured for storage should work. Try it I guess.

Bear in mind you can only use up to 16GB though.
  • So I can just transfer 16gb of stuff to ipod and then to my new hard disk?

I was always undr the impression they made you buy a 20 quid cable.
  • Just transfer your saves and redownload your DLC and XBLAH on the new HDD.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Euan wrote:
    So I can just transfer 16gb of stuff to ipod and then to my new hard disk? I was always undr the impression they made you buy a 20 quid cable.

Nah, you were always able to transfer saves/content without the cable, even if it was using the old Memory Units.

Adding USB support and the data transfer part of the dash just made it much easier. Using the transfer cable fires up the exact same content selection transfer process as using a USB drive does.

I think the major difference is the cable moves the licences for you whereas using a USB moves the DLC content files but not the licences for them so you have to use the online tool to transfer them. I could very well be quoting outdated information there though, and there's no need to transfer licences if you're always signed into Live using the gamertag/account that bought the content originally.
  • That's one thing they could clear up for the next gen, the whole transferring, migrating malarky. As obvious as it us for some, it isn't for many, as often as the question is asked, it is easily forgotten. Hopefully, a more cloud reliant generation might do away with this muddy issue.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I actually ran out of HD space (120gb) the other day.
    I was trying to DL the latest enormous BF3 patch and only had 756mb left. 
    It was very scary, a little bit of wee came out.
    Had to delete a couple of game disc installs and a few minutes later parity was restored.

Is hard drive space anxiety a known condition?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!