NFS: Rivals
  • Nah, I'm on the bone. It doesn't seem to have sold well, there's only half a dozen on leader board.
  • I would have been all over this if it was Hot Pursuit 2 but I was never sure where Rivals sat. Is it more Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • It's Hot Pursuit to the point of that being one of the negatives, even if you love Hot Pursuit. Tracks aren't identical, but the style and settings are. Still good fun, but a lot of it feels like you've played it before. Hot Pursuit might have a bigger world as well.
  • Is the handling the usual Burnout style, or has it actually tried to make its cars handle like, you know, cars?
  • Drift, boost, drift. Pure arcade.
  • Shame. I'd love arcade racing to return to the handling style of PGR.
  • Hmmm. I might pick this up then. I loved HP's handling, tracks, autolog and the picture mode, if its more of the same, that will do me especially for £20
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • MS really need to pay a studio to get PGR back, even a remake of 2 to download would be nice. Forza Horizon isn't a million miles away, but there's a woolliness there, maybe it's too forgiving. All the PR talk about it being realistic beforehand shows how little they care about the handling.
  • Eric wrote:
    Hmmm. I might pick this up then. I loved HP's handling, tracks, autolog and the picture mode, if its more of the same, that will do me especially for £20
    I'm still not sure about longevity, the people earlier in the thread seemed to get bored very quickly and the on-line only element on the One is a definite negative. I'm definitely enjoying it now though, but I'm a sucker for a racer.
  • Eric wrote:
    Hmmm. I might pick this up then. I loved HP's handling, tracks, autolog and the picture mode, if its more of the same, that will do me especially for £20

Was thinking the same and had a look on Amazon and it's still like £45 or something (PS4).

They've totally fucked the whole thing.

I would have totally bought into a HP every couple of years. Bloody loved that game.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!