Fish in a bucket.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Re Snyder, I've only watched two of his films. Watchmen - which I really quite liked. Even after reading the graphic novel (I saw the film first - but maybe that's why).

Dawn of the Dead. Unnecessary but was OK as far as I remember.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Watchmen is the worst shit ever.
  • Watchmen, I knew I liked one of his other films.  Watchmen and Man of Steel on the good list for me.  Dawn of the Dead almost there but not quite.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've even gone to the expense of procuring a Watchmen Blu Ray with the animated sections telling the pirate story. :)
  • My opinion of all of Snyder's work can be summarised as "unnecessary".
  • With one or two exceptions, his use of music is hilarious.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think Snyder films are good to Watch, as in visually he has a distinct style that is aesthetically pleasing, but many of his films just don't hold up dramatically.

I think Watchmen is ok, in parts and I did enjoy Man of Steel, but some of that super stretchy CGI combat has aged a bit already. He needs to rely less on CGI for stuff that could be done through wire work etc.
  • as in visually he has a distinct style that is aesthetically pleasing

Providing you don't like any colour.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    That pitch meeting. Ouch. Is that accurate? Like is there exaggeration for comedy are is the plot / character motivations that incomprehensible?
    That's absolutely 100% accurate and has made me angry all over again.

Also,I thought I'd imagined the robot zombies. What in the name of fuck was all that about?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Maybe Snyder thought Rob Zombie was shorthand for sth and not an actual person.
  • That's the only time I've watched one of those Pitch Meeting things and thought, yeah, that's probably how it actually happened.
  • I missed the robot zombie.
    Jesus christ.
  • Yeah, I noticed the robot zombie. Immediately filed it away as absolute horseshit, along with the time loop nonsense.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I didn't notice it. Shows how closely I was paying attention.
  • I was already of the opinion that the Super Zs undermined the whole concept of a zombie and why it is scary.
    Spoiler:
  • Don't forget the aliens...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm not a fan of super zombies at all. The terror of zombies is the fact that there are much more of them than you, and even though you are faster and smarter, you have to rest and they don't. 

If you make them smart as well, you may as well go with vampires, or mutants, or sentient toasters.
  • as in visually he has a distinct style that is aesthetically pleasing
    Providing you don't like any colour.
    I find hte colour in Army just dandy in Dolby Vision. Some lovely atmospheric desert night vibes.

Its Denis Villeneuve that HATE colour. :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm not a fan of super zombies at all. The terror of zombies is the fact that there are much more of them than you, and even though you are faster and smarter, you have to rest and they don't.  If you make them smart as well, you may as well go with vampires, or mutants, or sentient toasters.

You had never heard of the Charlie Brooker zombie thing, right?

So you might have missed this.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2008/nov/04/television-simon-pegg-dead-set
  • I knew I loved Simon Pegg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thank you Cinty for saving me time on the last page.

Theres yer amazon bought MGM then. Get No Time To Die on for Prime day?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Spoiler:
    When the character explained that I thought he (or she? I can't remember who it was) was joking, trying to wind up one of the other characters. It's only after seeing a few people mention it since that I realised they might have meant it.

But since the idea was instantly forgotten anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.
  • It is entirely possible they were joking and not serious. Who the hell knows, I would say it would be out of character for the character in that moment but that is largely meaningless given the standard of the script..
  • What was the alien thing? I completely missed that.
  • Also what the fuck happened to the woman that daughter went out of her way to rescue, did she just vanish?

Such a shitty, badly made film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I watched the RLM thing, do you think Snyder is aware he's just lifting shots and scenes from other films or is it something that just happens on set? Very odd.

And as for the zombies, no super zeds thank you very much. Fast runners are one thing, they get a pass although I still much prefer shambling rotters. But intelligent ninja ghouls? Get to fuck with that.

After watching the RLM and Pitch Meeting videos I'm actually more inclined to watch it than I was before
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fast zombies are not zombies. You are into 7 days later territory.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!