Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Alien is amazing. Its timeless. The Bluray special edition makes it look like it was shot last year. 
    Bloody love it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Alien fanboy reporting for duty. Best film.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's pretty much perfect and should have been left as is. The sequels ballsed it up even though the 2nd film was excellent.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Second film is just the first film with space marines and explosions. It's not great, unless you think that adding space marines and explosions makes a film better.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Which I don't.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Aliens is great and Cameron made the right move by not trying to create the same type of film as a sequel.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aliens is an action film and could be treated entirely separately from the original.

I'd rather the original got no sequels though.

Is it true that its origin is in the comedy sub-plot about the pet alien in Dark Star?
  • Yes, according to O’Bannon. Huge crossover with Jodorwsky’s Dune as well.
  • The problem with Alien is that the everything in the spaceship is controlled with a ColecoVision.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's the way spaceships will be, just you wait and see.
  • Watched Possessor the other day, the one from Cronenberg Jr. Fuck me, an extremely unsettling affair. Enjoyed it very much.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    The problem with Alien is that the everything in the spaceship is controlled with a ColecoVision.

I thought it was a Vic 20?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Come True - a creepy horror based around dreams and archetypes. It has a touch of Cronenberg, Carpenter and even a bit of Silent Hill. I enjoyed it plenty but the ending was just a tad baffling. Need to think about it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    The problem with Alien is that the everything in the spaceship is controlled with a ColecoVision.

I thought it was a Vic 20?

More reliable than anything today.... :)
  • Scout wrote:
    Watched Possessor the other day, the one from Cronenberg Jr. Fuck me, an extremely unsettling affair. Enjoyed it very much.
    Thiz has been on my to watch list after the critics raved about it. Nice to get s normal persons verdict on it
    PSN - minkymu
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Random draw for tickets to be in the live virtual audience for the BAFTAs, if anyone’s interested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/baftas-remote-11apr21
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Twilight: Eclipse

Took a while to build back up this!

Guy being hunted in the rain is our opening. He gets bit. Mmmm?

Let’s see if Bella smiles. Oh yep. Patts is all over her so she sort of smirks. She’d be great fun at a comedy gig. Wow Patts pops the question.

All the school kids look about 30 now. Kendrick has grey hair. Important note - Alice is still looking fit.

Lot of cock knocking between Ed and Jacob. If only she could convince them to a three way cos I’m not sure she’s made up her mind. Knows Jacob wants her but doing the can’t we just hang out thing. Guys a shmuck.

Ha ha. Actual laugh from Patts line “doesn’t he own a shirt” when seeing Jacob.

Ok so guy who’s bit at the start is now making vampire army for nefarious purposes.

Oh Jacob got a bit rapey. Boy needs to calm down.

Hang on. We are getting back stories for the vamp family. And the ginger lad is talking about how he was a civil war Texas ranger back in the day. But I’m sure in film one he was a freshie.

So the army is sent to kill Bella. Guided behind the scenes by ginger lass. It’s a common story of revenge.

Charlie smooth talking Alice, get out son!

Patts is a fannyteaser. Gets Bella worked up then drops the “not tonight”.

I’m guessing this from the book but there are some serious cuckold fantasies going on in this weird film. We have Bella on top of a mountain in a tent as part of a plan to avoid the vampire army but they didn’t bring enough warm clothes so she has to snuggle up to muscles Jacob while Patts has to watch. Wtf!

Now she’s snogging Jacob!!! Kids these days.

The wolves are very well done. Fair play to the artists who worked hard on these films.

Patts saves the day obvs but Jacob takes a big hit.

The vamp Mafia turn up to add a bit of menace. So these films always get a bit dark at the end. Killing kids, even vamp kids, is a bit full on for a teen flick.

I’m hoping the next film will be like American Pie The Wedding.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm almost regretting not going to the Twilight movies at the drive-in, just to join Boris on his journey. Think for one of the movies they even had people park on the side of their favourite vampire, assume the choice was between muscles Jacob and Patts. I could technically still go to Eclipse, but missed the others.

Just saw the drive-in is gonna show "Shoplifters of the World", anyone here seen it and can tell me if it's worth to go and watch that? Don't really know that much about The Smiths, apart from the whole Morrissey is an asshole storyline. 
    Gonna have to add a couple more movies now theaters can open up again. The already confirmed to keep doing drive-ins through summer, but not sure after that. I far prefer watching from the car to sitting in the theater's uncomfortable chairs and air conditioning.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Watching a YT video about the "glacier of horror/disturbing films". It seems the rabbit hole goes very deep.......
  • What is this?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK wrote:
    Watching a YT video about the "glacier of horror/disturbing films". It seems the rabbit hole goes very deep.......

I watched that, or at least one by this guy windigoon, who seems to have shot up the algo from somewhere, his subs have been going crazy. If it is that guy he has a good one on the conspiracy theory iceberg but it's like 10 parts long or something and still going.

• nick_md wrote:
    davyK wrote:

I watched that, or at least one by this guy windigoon, who seems to have shot up the algo from somewhere, his subs have been going crazy. If it is that guy he has a good one on the conspiracy theory iceberg but it's like 10 parts long or something and still going.

What in fucks name are you two on about?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-young-on-surviving-hollywoods-many-toxic-men

Great interview. Did not know all that stuff with Woods & Beatty, and also did not know that was her in Ace Ventura.

Here, btw, how good was Sean Young in Ace Ventura??
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a depressing read that I’m sure is common. She sounds great and yes she’s brill in Ace Ventura.
  • That’s a solid interview, and she comes across strong as hell. She really was amazing in No Way Out.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    What in fucks name are you two on about?

A classification scheme of the gore/horror genre with your mainstream at the top, "above the water" as it were. There are 8 levels with the likes of Salo and A Serbian film only at level 3.

urlz19h84rh61.jpg
  • Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch anything below level 2? Level 3 at a push.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • From the title alone, I’m intrigued by Death2Kuffar though...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some of lower ones sound like a Partridge made up film name.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!