Zombie Survival
  • Yup, get going before the masses do or before the zombies reach a critical mass point.
    GET OUT.
    You can always come back later with your tail between your legs if it is H1N1 or something.

Firearms for most are likely to be very hard to get hold of. there are gunshops dotted about but they are locked up tighter than a nuns snatch.
    I guess a JCB thru a wall would do it and once you are in you are mostly away, as some dont keep stuff in safes and instead treat the whole shop as a safe i.e. a big metal cage around the wall and doors etc..

I'd go for a light semi auto .22L with huge extended mags, for the low recoil, low noise headshots. A .38/.357 or .45 underlever rifle for the pesky gangs of hooman cannibals and the ease of self reloading the cartridges themselves.
    A decent, shorter barreled semi auto shotty would be nice but the UK standard licence is restricted to 3 shots so you wont find many that can hold more in the mag just lying around. But if you went for a shop they might have a large cap semi like a Saiga if you are lucky.
    Also a very heavy 60-80lb draw compound bow. Those things can go through car doors with ease and probably through a zed or two with one shot, also extremely useful for the stealth factor and the re-use of the arrows.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Step by step plan.
    I hear the news on the way to work.
    Get off the next station without causing alarm.
    If things are still normal I would wait for the next train back again, if not Im on foot.
    Ring housemate.

By the time I would get to mine things would be well and truly kicking off, no time for supply runs so just get back home.
    Get in the front door and lock it behind me.
    Check the downstairs flat that is being renovated for tools and materials, likely find wood but no tools as the guys would have left.
    Head upstairs to my flat, housemate should have arrived by then, if not he is dead anyway.
    Pull down all blinds and draw all curtains
    Fill all containers with as much water as possible. Vital before supplies get infected or switched off.
    Put all electronics on charge.
    Piut all not needed furniture into the stairwell to make a barricade, wedge gaps with suitcases, bags etc.
    Remove internal doors to create further barricades.
    Create make shift weapons from poles and kitchen knives, these would be used for leaning over the bannister and jabbing in case of a breach.
    Gather all food and arrange into priority for eating (fresh first etc), then attempt to work out minimum calorie in take and rations.
    Wait.

With no personal transport and being in London trying to move around would be suicide.
  • Dive is dead….
    Press START to continue 10.9.8.7.6.

No thru lack of ability, just London and no personal transport.
    Can you drive? You can always jack a car, kill a infected neighbour, take their keys. Get an automatic any muppet can drive an auto, even me.
    Dont forget the highway code is out the window and cops arent going to be stopping you for erratic driving.

I can't drive but I know I can make a car go forward and steer it, thats all you need in Zedapocalypse.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm being realistic given what I can actually physically do.
    I wouldn't survive in the wilderness long without a zombie apocalypse, I'm a soft city boy.
    I have never fired a gun so would be crap at it.

I can drive but have you tried driving out of London ever? Again even without Zombies it takes forever, over an hour to get into Kent on a good day, in an hour the whole place will have gone to shit. Plus I would have to go through Collier's Wood, the place looks like the apocalypse has already happened.

Better bunkered down than stranded in the open in a densley populated area.
  • Under these circumstances I still think doing your bit and killing as many on a daily basis as possible would help in the long run.
  • Ok. Seeing as this is a thing we're talking about, this is my plan.

I'm on a small island, so there's fuck all places to go. There's a few million people around, sure, but it's less densely populated than many other places in the mainland - it's too small to have any notable "middle of nowhere".

I think, in the event of a zombie apocalypse I would, assuming this is an end of civilization kinda deal, do the following:

I'd try to live, and live well. To be honest, I wouldn't see the point in surviving for survival's sake in this scenario, so the first thing i'd try to do is clear out my building and create a safe area. There's only one way in and the doorway is defendable - one staircase, 2 elevators, nearby balconys aplenty and nearby roof access to other buildings; if it is cleared well, it is not a bad place to hunker down. There's also 2 supermarkets nearby with masses of goods, in wide open spaces with good visibility. So, i'd make the local area as safe as possible, after stacking up on as many goods as I can lug.

Then what? Then I'd make myself King of this building. It's a key location, got everything you need nearby, 40 minutes from the sea - if there's a place to be in the city, it's here. I'd find myself a nice lad or lady with a dead family and a submissive mouth and become a deranged despot like the one's you see in Dead Rising games - help and safety in exchange for order and control. It's that or struggle day to day just to stay alive, fuck that.
  • That would be perfect. Although trips to the mainland for supplies would be fraught affairs. Jesus I'm so into this shit right now.

I almost want it to kick off.
  • Certainly looks the part.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Until the tide goes out, maybe you could hack the barrier to keep the Thames high or something

I'm moving and foraging, firm believer in if you stop you die, maybe a week or so in one place, if I'm scouting a decent supply line. You should be thinking more like The End than The Fear
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • All this Zombie talk makes me wanna get back into Left 4 Dead 2. Anyone about later for some games? 360 please
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • If you are in a house and need to barricade yourself in, smash the staircase up and use a ladder, knotted sheet, rope, whatever to go downstairs.

P.S. Never go back downstairs.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I think my house would come down before the stairs.
    Yeah never go back downstairs. Escape route is out the  out the front window, onto the frontdoor awning then onto the street.

I would move around like Cocko but I fear the first few days would be too chaotic where I am. If I could last 5 or 6 days held up in my flat then I could assess the situation again, or be dead.

Anyone who has ever walked down Tooting high st will tell you that you aren't getting out of this area amid chaos.
  • Helpful fact.
    If you jump down a height 3 times your height you will nearly always die.
    Stick to 1-1.5 times your height.
  • Helpful fact, place a cup of vinegar in your dishwasher and run it on hot. Then when it's done sprinkle Baking soda on the bottom and run again.

Stand back and be amazed at the fresh shiny sparkles.

Just because there's zombies doesn't mean you can't be clean
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm doing that shit tonight, better not be some 'get the stupid prick to blow up his dishwasher' prank.
  • I hope not, I've got mine running now!
  • It is your moral responsibility to kill any zombie that you can without putting yourself in serious danger.

A deck of cards is a must. I'm pissed off that I can't find my Iraq most wanted cards. I might try to find a set that has all poisonous mushrooms on it and useful knots. I'm not likely to see zombie chemical Ali.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • OMG, zombie survival cards that don't double as playing cards. Dickheads. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0307406458?pc_redir=1407731864&robot_redir=1
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Zoinks.... to kickstarter!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    To those who wanted electricity, this may be of interest, I'm not sure I see the point in our scenario. Being as I can't see infrastructure lasting too long, but better to have it and not need it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Would GPS remain active?
    Photo nes rely on the internet for the maps but I don't think stand alone units do.
  • This zombie apocalypse doesn't seem to have changed anyone's morals, ridiculous
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Regarding GPS probably not as the satellites can only tell where they are, and subsequently you, by talking to a ground station. Im not sure how long they would be up and running for.

As for power, get some of these.

adventurer_web__58740_zoom.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Solarmonkey portable solar chargers. They're great because they have monkey in the name.
  • Zombie survival playing cards are already a thing. Made by Bicycle, who make the best playing cards evar yo.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!