Zombie Survival
  • That's assuming I've even recognized the threat and not just said 'Oops! Excuse me!' as I'm attacked by an elderly lady, small child or whatever.

Full lols.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Right, here goes. I'm off to graft, radio on when I hear reports of riots, rabid maniacs attacking people or some such. It's early doors in the outbreak, but I'm taking no chances. Straight back home surveying the situation as I go, warn as many people as I can and tell Danielle to pack some shit and get the bairn ready to go.

Straight to the garage, pick up my wood axe and claw hammer. Set off for Go Outdoors which is a two minute drive away, locking the door behind me. Still checking on the state of affairs to gauge whether it's safe enough to risk a little shopping trip for camping supplies. If it's OK I get as much as I can fit into the back of my Ford Connect van and head back for the family.

Load up the car which D and the bairn are taking, head off to Bamburgh Castle where the rest of my family and friends will be meeting up. Set up camp there, then begin regular scavenging trips to keep us supplied, starting with just buying what I need but moving up to looting as the situation becomes worse.

Thinking of having a mini farm type thing going on, chickens for eggs, cattle for milk etc. But I'd have to hope someone there knows something about that stuff as I've not got a clue.

It all depends on how early I can react to the signs, if it's early enough I'd have a chance, if I'm woken up by zeds crashing through my front door then it's pretty much hopeless.
  • @G
    Not hard to find now but in an ermergency.
    We don't all live North of the wall with the wildlings.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You're all going to die.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    You're all going to die.

Well yeah, but it will hopefully be of old age in my castle and not at the hands of my elderly neighbours.
  • This has been making me smile all day, love Sparky's answer.

I'm out of the house around 7am. On hearing the news I'd make a stop at the rural industrial estate I pass where my dad has a unit to phone my missus and family. I'd stock up on butane and diesel, grab the genny and my dads old crowbar (I'm with Live, these things are chuffing awesome) then I'd then drive the two hundred yards to Bowsports, break in and take their best few hunting crossbows, all the bolts I can find, and the biggest, sturdiest looking hunting knife they have. I'd have to abandon my trusty recurve bow, I love it but it's just too big and impractical and I was always decent with a crossbow.

If all goes to plan we'd meet up at my parents place and head down to my well armed brother's in darkest Worcestershire where he's probably already killed his few neighbours as a precaution (and dressed and salted their carcasses tbh), and live off his land, taking whatever now ownerless livestock we need as and when. 

The population around there is small and well spaced out so we shouldn't have too much to worry about in the short term, but defenses and evacuation plans should be a priority.
  • I gotta say I do love Aaron's idea of a fortified pier, but I'd be wary of gettin' trapped on there with zombies blocking the only exit. Resupply could prove awkward.
  • Rule 1
    Kill anyone acting like a fucking retard.
    Every single Z film goes bad when someone breaks the rules.

"My daughter I can see her, come here Sarah!" Sarah is a zombie, mother opens locked doors.
    "I'm in charge, fuck you" guy shoots randomly to assert authority and atracts attention
    "Don't worry we will have a cure soon, let's not tell the others" A couple, elderly, one is bitten and they believe their son Jimmy will bring the cure soon, he's a chemist.

Kill these people before they kill you.
  • I would write an extremely sternly-worded letter to the leader of the zombies, asking him to rethink his whole flesh eating stance; this letter would be in ALL CAPS.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fast zombies means your fucked.

Join the army.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I honestly think I'd just go mental, just get off my tits and go fucking nuts.
  • You'd bake without restraint.
  • Hold up at the local independent bakery bashing lines and knocking out brioche. To be honest in the end that wouldn't be so bad.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Actually, I'd grab face on the way up to g.man's. Whisky and lamb ribs ftw.
  • Heh ok, I'll be camp cook.
  • I'd die, because I don't listen to the radio on the way to work, or watch TV before I leave. I'd then be in a shopping centre in the middle of town.

The best chance I have is that the shop is quite long, I have the till as a barrier and a door that locks immedietly behind me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Eat games. You'll be fine.
  • I think dogs could be quite handy no? They can sense evil and disease and ting. I'd hijack the nearest kennels and barb wire it up. I'd say you'd be pretty safe in some kind of 4x4 when getting about. I'd do forays for supplies in it with the dogs on long leashes in case any zeds stray into my path.

I'd also try to get some fireworks, they've gotta fuck the walking dead up a bit.

And a big gun.
  • Chalice is too noisey for me.
  • He is indeed on the silence list.
    Chalice is the guy playing metal music while running over zombies until one gets stuck in the wheel arch leaving him stranded.
  • I have crowbars, lump hammers, a sledge hammer and various heavy tooling in my work van along with some quite heavy duty safety clothing so I'm off to a good start already. I also have a ball pein hammer in the door pocket in case of emergency, which I think would be better for cracking skulls then a claw hammer.

ball-pein-hammer.jpg
  • You'd have to get through the dags first. I'd be an asset to anyone trying to get the frick out of dodge. I'd be a great distraction with all the fireworks and barking.
  • Why, in a zombie outbreak, is the onus not on killing every zombie possible? I'm sure with a little organisation a couple of people could clear a few roads at a time
  • I'd do a an about turn in my transit and head for home. Throw the family in the back along with every bit of tinned food, warm and waterproof clothing and as much water as we could bag or bottle. Then I'd head for Craigowl Hill. 10 minutes drive away North of Dundee. Sitting on too if the hill is a nicely fenced in radio station. Get inside. Secure it and sit back and watch the world burn.
    If Kirkman is even half right btw then the zeds are only half the problem. It's the living that'll eat you first once society falls.
    My weapon of choice would be a pick-helve with an Oldboy-esque claw hammer in my belt.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Can animals be zombified?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Never set a zed on fire! You simply end up with a walking bitey fireball. Zombie basics peeps.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:

If they can then Paul the sparky would be knackered.

Zombie chickens would be one thing - but zombie cattle? Nasty.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Depends on the type of out break.
    Realistically if there was to be a zombie outbreak it would be the virus type, if that could then mutate to be active in animals then I guess yes.
  • Well I'd be truly fucked in the kennel then. If the world went to shit how long would it be before power goes down? I'm guessing it wouldn't be long. A day ? Maybe two? Nights would be scary. 

Supplies would include plenty of batteries, and a 3DS.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!