Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My semimonthly pizza.
  • £800 for a bicycle!?!  Are you in training for the olympics?

I paid double that for mine. Who want's to touch me?
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Also, just ate some fried plaice. More bones than a skellingtons skeleton. Hmmmpf.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Do you not worry, when you park it, that when you come back to it later, you'll discover that some cretin has stripped it for parts or something?  That's one reason I own a shit bike - no one in their right mind would try to nick it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do you live in a shit house and wear shit clothes and drive a shit car? If so, your life sounds pretty shit.
  • Material wealth is of no real consequence to me, though I've never had much of it to be fair.
  • Franziskaner, Blue Moon, Budvar and Jura Superstition.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Ooh, I was given a bottle of Superstition for Christmas, lovely drop. I have a bottle of Aberlour which is still sealed, I can see it making its merry way into the flask.

On the Vini Albali Tempranillo the neet. I'm no wine buff but it's in Asda's 3 for £10 and it's not too offensive. I may consolidate it though with the last dram or two I have left of Laphroig.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Plan M's sweet n sour chicken and steamed rice tonight, washed down with a bottle of Drench.
  • Hawaiian pizza with some mozerella on top, garlic bread and some mozarella and tomato salad with ginger beer.
  • Couldnt be assed tonight so got a ready meal each.

Took twenty minutes, five minutes longer then if I cooked it from scratch.
    Burnt my hands peeling back the film the wouldnt peel in one piece.
    I accidently smashed the glass plate thing that goes in the microwave.
    I have cuts allover my feet and hands.
    It tasted like shit!

Fuck ready meals in the ass they can get to fuck.

Gonna throw out the microwave. Already cleared it off the side which has given me loads more room for real cooking, something im always short of in our small kitchen.
  • Good man. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a ready meal, fresh is best. Heating up a drop of Covent Garden soup in the mic doesn't count.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I rarely use the thing. Soup, popcorn and re-heating dinner is all its there for. Soup and popcorn can be done on the hob and only re-heated dinner two or three times in the last 6 months.

Gonna use the extra space to learn how to bake bread.
  • ahh just ordered a Dominos. Firezza don't deliver to my new place which is unfortunate.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Microwave is great for cooking potatoes and vegetables. Just bung em in there with a little water and blast them for a couple of minutes. Always taste fine.
  • Yeah but i dont really mind doing them on the hob.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Perfect broccoli in 4 minutes. Can't argue with that really.
  • Can, its brocolli.

Seriously though, you are right kow the microwave is great for veg but the sheer amount of room it takes up on the side isnt worth it for me. Not having one also removes all temptation of eating ready meals from it
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think I'd prefer hunger to a ready meal. Fucking awful shit things.
  • They really are and tbh way more hassle than just making the stuff in the first place
  • Ribs yesterday. Breastplate ribs from elsco, where I've set up a regular delivery: http://www.eastlondonsteak.co.uk/

4 hours smothered in French's mustard and sweet and smoky kansas city style rub, 2 hours in the smoker, another hour in the oven whilst tucked in to a bath of apple juice, cider vinegar and sage, then griddled and mopped with BBQ sauce till the bark developed.

59b36648c3c011e19ab222000a1e8819_7.jpg

jul2012066.jpg

Easily the best thing I've cooked, possibly the nicest thing I've eaten. No cut-through shots - it disappeared in seconds after this point. Visible smoke ring in the meat, meat falling off the bone, plenty of juices were still retained and flowed out with each bite as you cracked through the bark.

Here's a snadwhich I made from some of the burnt ends:

jul2012067.jpg
  • : D

(Apple slaw on the bottom of that bun - shredded apple, salad leaves, mayo with chipotle and lime mixed in)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right Nick, get that recipe up, I'll make it for the parents this week.
  • You got it good buddy. It was as close to a religious experience, that first bite, as I'll ever have. I'll have it up by lunch.
  • Make sure you get good ribs, or it's probably not worth all this effort.

Firstly I just smeared that weak yellow mustard called French's all over the rack. Saw this on the http://bbqpitboys.com/, who definitely know what they're doing. Then pressed in the rub:

2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup paprika
    1/4 cup seasoned salt such as Lawry's
    1/4 cup Smoked Salt
    1/4 cup onion salt
    1/4 cup celery salt
    2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons pure chili powder
    2 teaspoons mustard powder
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Wrapped it up tight in cling film and left in the fridge for 4 hours. Before cooking you want to take it out till it's room temp again.

First stage of cooking in smoking. You could make your own pretty easily- you just need a deep metal pan. Put foil on bottom, place wood chips in, place metal tray on that, place rak on that, and cover with lid. You could just buy the one I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/cameron-stovetop-smoker-instruction-recipe/dp/B002PI39BM

Here's mine at this stage:

jul2012062.jpg

Medium/low heat in there for 2 hours.

When it was near done, I preheated the oven to 110 degrees C, and prepared a little braising liquor by heating up fresh apple juice, splash of cider vinegar, and two sage leaves form the garden. I poured this, about a small cup full, over the rack which I'd transferred to a glass dish, and sealed tightly with foil.

After an hour in there, all it needed was some direct heat to create the 'bark'. Preheated the griddle to high, and got my squeezy sauce bottle ready to paint and turn a few times:

Sweet and Smoky Barbecue Sauce

2 cups ketchup
    1/4 cup molasses
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 tablespoon dry mustard
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Once it's had time to caramalise each spreading of sauce on each side a few times, you just need to rest it then spearate into ribs. This fed both of us, with a rib left in the fridge for instant eating when I get home.

• Does anyone have a dead simple, easy bread making technique (breadmaker gffwarrgh).

Im thinking this week is the time to learn.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My mum does, she just uses a bread tin and the oven (and some bready ingredients, obviously), but I don't know it.  I could ask when I see her next.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    But you'll probably know by that time.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I have now got these graze box things and I have picked at the berries in them since getting to work. They are yum. I only had a flapjack, a cookie and a coffee all yesterday, rather odd.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!