PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I'm just eating some Skittles, I made sure to tip the bag out though as I wouldn't want to miss out on £50 like I did £100,000 in '96...
    You didn't actually, did you?!
    Yep I did, I even emailed KP a few years ago to let them know where the winning packet ended up.

I was at work and eating some Hula Hoops and found a square one, I laughed and showed it to two other people that were working with me saying "Ha, look a square Hula Hoop." and then promptly ate it. A few days later I was telling somebody and they said I think that means you had won a grand. I searched the bins at work for the packet hoping that there may be a code on it to verify that I had (or had) a square Hula Hoop but all the bins had been emptied along with main external bins. Anyway it turned out my friend was wrong about the £1,000 as it was actually £100,000.

Some you win...
  • I believe that was the one, Mr Green. Damn good stuff.

I've been told apple is a good accompaniment, all other suggestions appreciated. Guess a fry up tomorrow can't hurt for its next outing.
  • Ooh, never thought of apple with it... That'd work. 

I think you'd like Clonakilty – the local supermarket sources a lot of stuff locally. So much amazing food, I'm always drooling when I'm in there. It's a spectacular part of Ireland – we go there a few times a year. 

Mind you, it's under about 3 foot of water at the moment, so maybe give it a few days.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No point in going to Clonakilty now poor Noel kicked the bucket.
  • :-(

Worth having a pint in Debarra's and looking at all the pics on the walls (and the shrine to his guitars).

I met him in a shop when I was about 12. I had just discovered the Jimi Hendrix Experience, so I was standing there in awe, wanting to say something cool, but just saying nothing as we queued next to each other. Then he pays for this ashtray, sees me, and shows me that when you put a ciggie on the ashtray, it goes "UGH-KAFF-GAH THAT'S DISGUSTING."
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    I'm just eating some Skittles, I made sure to tip the bag out though as I wouldn't want to miss out on £50 like I did £100,000 in '96...
    You didn't actually, did you?!
    Yep I did, I even emailed KP a few years ago to let them know where the winning packet ended up. I was at work and eating some Hula Hoops and found a square one, I laughed and showed it to two other people that were working with me saying "Ha, look a square Hula Hoop." and then promptly ate it. A few days later I was telling somebody and they said I think that means you had won a grand. I searched the bins at work for the packet hoping that there may be a code on it to verify that I had (or had) a square Hula Hoop but all the bins had been emptied along with main external bins. Anyway it turned out my friend was wrong about the £1,000 as it was actually £100,000. Some you win...

Ouch! That's crazy.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Hula Hoops. Surely there must have been a code on the bag? Would be pretty easy to make a square hula hoop from reconstituted potato.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Fossildog wrote:
    Hula Hoops. Surely there must have been a code on the bag? Would be pretty easy to make a square hula hoop from reconstituted potato.
    I'd have thought there was but it was long gone when I checked the bins, also I figured that the chances of finding it at the only landfill site that's used here would not only be slim but even more so once the people who worked there got wind of what a bloke was doing going through 100's of tons of shit.
  • Wife is making pasta bake. It smells amazing.
  • Franziskaner.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The comedian?
  • Ive started mixing hot chillies through my salads. Really makes a difference to how boring salad can be. I need to get myself below 13 stone. This weather needs to fuck off so I can actually get use of that £800 bike thats just sitting there.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • £800 for a bicycle!?!  Are you in training for the olympics?
  • Don't worry lad, shitting that salad through the eye of a needle will soon get you under 13.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    £800 for a bicycle!?!  Are you in training for the olympics?

That's nothing, my mate has a £5k bike. Though he does own the shop so I guess he gave himself a discount.
  • Mental.  Mine cost me £80 iirc.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Ive started mixing hot chillies through my salads. Really makes a difference to how boring salad can be. I need to get myself below 13 stone. This weather needs to fuck off so I can actually get use of that £800 bike thats just sitting there.
    Red chilli, coriander, zest and juice of a lime, extra virgin olive oil.
    King of dressings
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can't even remember when I last rode a bicycle.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The last time I was on two wheels it was on a Segway...
  • Have I ever mentioned the time I bought a BMX from The Beautiful South?...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Not sure where to put this, so it's going here. My street food van of awesomeness is awaiting for council approval. We've picked our three Glasgow sites, so it's up to them now to say yay or nay.

Serving seasonal quality food to the office masses. It'll certainly be a shit load better than you can get in a Glasgow restaurant. It'll work because I'll be making and sourcing the food, and I cook good. You really can't trust someone else to do it -they wouldn't do it right. They wouldn't understand enough about what you're trying to do with the flavours and the seasons. You have to be smart and buy the cheaper cuts and cook them right. Season it just so.

Anyway, I've put a lot of thought into this but the council may yet fuck it up. Fingers crossed because the idea is a winner.
  • Good luck with it - sounds like a noble venture.  What's your van/business called?
  • The Street Cook/(s). Was mildly worried that "street" sounded a bit youthful and trendy, and we're (my business partner in crime and I) neither of those things. The fact is we'll be cooking on a street, so it seemed natural to keep it simple.
  • Nick wrote:
    Same stall also does this great snack- it's a massive yorkshire stuffed with roast beef, horseradish cream and rocket.
    Tesco have been selling something similar.
  • Just ate this
    7XMLS.jpg
    Tetris mug included for super on topicness
  • That looks cracking.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mrs reg made scrambled eggs with tarragon and chorizo this morning, it soothed my frazzled head
  • That looks cracking.

(Egg pun not intended)
  • Sausage and mash with onion gravy.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Chicken egg Foo Yung and mixed veg stir fry, whipped up by the missus' fair hand.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!