‹ Previous12345
  • NSOen.jpg

BeyondTwoSouls10.jpg

E3 Reveal Trailer

Latest Trailer

Official Site
    Eurogamer Preview

Released date: 11th of October 2013

From the visionary mind of David Cage, director of the award-winning Heavy Rain™, comes the most powerfully emotional experience on PlayStation® 3. A singularly unique psychological action thriller delivered by A-list Hollywood performances, BEYOND: Two Souls™ takes you on a thrilling journey across the globe as you play out the remarkable life of Jodie Holmes.

Born with a connection to a mysterious entity with incredible powers, Jodie was different. In an adventure spanning 15 years of her life, your actions will determine Jodie's fate as she faces extraordinary challenges, danger, and heartwrenching loss on a journey to discover the truth of who she is. Beyond promises an emotionally-charged journey unlike any video game before.

- Dive into a gripping and unpredictable psychological action thriller starring Academy Award-nominees Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.
    - Explore stunning and varied settings across the world in an epic journey through 15 years of a character's life.
    - Control Jodie and an invisible entity through spectacular action sequences and puzzles with unique controls.
    - Experience cutting-edge technology from Quantic Dream in one of the best-looking games ever seen on the PlayStation®3.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I started playing Heavy Rain at the weekend.  It's certainly different and reminds me of the film Seven somewhat.  Beyond's new engine is certainly a startling upgrade over Heavy Rain.  I'll be keeping an eye on it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Fuck you in the ass game with souls in the title.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I can't find a good animgif of his in-game backflip.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Fuck you in the ass game with souls in the title.

oooh, someones had a falling out with their sl80 build...

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Chopper down.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I started playing Heavy Rain at the weekend.  It's certainly different and reminds me of the film Seven somewhat.  Beyond's new engine is certainly a startling upgrade over Heavy Rain.  I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I think that Heavy Rain being something new and different got it a lot of leeway with people.  Certainly people (myself included) were prepared to look past the faults and appreciate the new experience.  If Beyond is similar I'm not too sure that it will be given the same.

Maybe this is for a different thread but for me, the high praise for Heavy Rain helps demonstrate how starved we are these days of creativity for consoles.
  • Facewon wrote:

No, someone sees a thread with Souls in it and gets a little excited, and then has his hopes dashed by David cunting Cage.

;)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    I think that Heavy Rain being something new and different got it a lot of leeway with people.  Certainly people (myself included) were prepared to look past the faults and appreciate the new experience.  If Beyond is similar I'm not too sure that it will be given the same. Maybe this is for a different thread but for me, the high praise for Heavy Rain helps demonstrate how starved we are these days of creativity for consoles.

I'm hoping Cage has learnt from Heavy Rain and does less of the weird/annoying stuff in this. But at the same time some of that was part of what made Heavy Rain so unique so I'm not sure I'd want Beyond to be any less wacky.
  • I'd like to think Cage/Quantic's expensively awkward output was something only the Games Industry could come up with, but really it's probably all over Hollywood and a couple other film/telly sectors too at this point.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is it worth playing even if you've had the killer spoiled for you?
  • If you enjoy a good cringe-o-lol, sure.
  • I didn't find it worth playing past the prologue.  Utter fucking shite.
  • I quite liked Heavy Rain, I'm glad I played it.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The story revelled in the parts designed to make you squeamish, and didn't leave enough creeping fear of the unknown, or focus on the psychological aspects it teased (the drug taking cop was a nice exception to that actually).

The idea that there could have been a different killer based on your actions with each character kept me playing till the end, and I was hugely disappointed when I realised you couldn't affect this part of it. Imagine deliberately making one of them the killer - such a missed opportunity to tune into people's sense of control and natural ability to manipulate and create stories.

Eyes firmly on this one to see how it might tackle this problem of letting you feel in control, whislt inexorably marching towards the fixed end of Cage's story.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    No, someone sees a thread with Souls in it and gets a little excited, and then has his hopes dashed by David cunting Cage. ;)

I hope Its a little way off - still getting to grips with this one.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Is it worth playing even if you've had the killer spoiled for you?

You know when you watch Murder She Wrote, is the killer a shocking revalation to you or had you worked it out in the first three minutes?

If the former then yeah, you might not enjoy already knowing, if the latter then you'd have worked out Heavy Rain long before the end anyway.
  • If he presents HD CG Angela Lansbury all, or at least some is forgiven.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    She was quite the little minx in her youth, so yeah, I'd be in for that version as well.

angela-lansbury4.jpg
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm still undecided about whether or not to pick up Heavy Rain.

I know who the killer his and whereas I wouldn't expect this to change if I enjoy it or not it would adversely affect how I interact with that character as I obviously wouldn't warm to them. I do have a Move though whether this makes Heavy Rain better or worse I do not know, I'll have to have a bit more of a ponder before deciding which way to jump...
  • I thought the Move controls in Heavy Rain were pretty shit, did only play the demo though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'd recommend anyone play it, just to experience it. Put it on the easiest difficulty (if it has one) and then just watch it as a vaguely interactive movie.

I still can't properly say whether I enjoyed it or whether it was even any good.
  • New trailer has been release today. Still looks awesome.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I guess from her dialogue and the name of the game that she's got herself a nice guardian poltergeist following her around rather than going all TETSUOOOOOO.
  • Plornt wrote:
    New trailer has been release today. Still looks awesome.
    I can see the box already.

BEYOND features:
    • Quantic Dream Rain™ for lots of Atmosphere
    • Tiny depth of field for even more Atmosphere
    • Shaky-cam for increased Atmosphere
    • Exciting Navigate-a-train-roof gameplay
    • Proprietary Walk Between Trees control scheme
    • Entirely set at night for unparalleled Atmosphere
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    looks great.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's a off screen gameplay video linked from the above

Seems you play a ghost for some bits and then the usual Heavy Rain QTE's when you control wee Ellen.

It also looks pretty wank.

Ho hum.
  • See, clearly, clearly the tech exists for a hardcore, guff-free Angela-Lansbury's-ghost-pranks-the-shit-out-of-people-incl.-wotsit-from-Juno sim but is that is sufficient for Cage*? Is it fuck.

*"Cayje" or "Cahhje"? I mean he is French or summat.
  • It's pronounced "Divide Coadge".
  • Dunno why this game reminds me of cryo's efforts, and whoever did those Inca games
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    It's pronounced "Divide Coadge".

Learn a thang err'day.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!