Anime and Manga
  • Dropped Hunter X as well. Too many long-winded explanations and filler. I think I got to season 2.
    Dorohedoro S1 was okay; fun and over the top but I felt it was more style than substance.
    I'm also about to finish Kurage HIme. Recommended if you like a bit of shojo. Funny and emotional.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Been blitzing (by my attention slalom standards) a few different shows recently.

Spy Family - Wholesome. Regularly funny.

Mob Psycho 100 - Easily one of the best shows I've seen last few years. Saw it dropped on Netflix recently and remembered Tempy years back bigging it up massively. Regret not seeing it sooner.

Delicious in Dungeon - Wholesome. Makes you hungry (pro/con). Feels written by someone who has a lot of fun irl with their own D&D groups coming up with cool ideas.

Aggretsuko - Interesting to see this show that started as a comedy about the pitfalls of Japanese office life try and address different modern issues afflicting Japanese people each season, but this final one (centering on how fucked the young are in Japan's political landscape) seemed too restrained, with an unsatisfying conclusion.

Daemon Slayer - Yeah it's fun! Decent shonen with a good heart where all the villains get to show their humanity (just before decapitation) and the animation budget in places is fucking obscene. 

MSG: The Witch from Mercury - just started and I'm diggin' it. The characters feel very different to anything previously in a Gundam show and I'm already plotting to buy an Aerial gunpla.
  • Mob Psycho remains my favourite anime so far. I haven't watched that many others, though. I started old.
    Right now I'm watching Great Teacher Onizuka. It's absolutely ridiculous and obviously of a different time. Love it.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!