Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've seen it and can't remember that fucker marring any scenes
  • So my 2.5 year old was messing with my LG Oled remote while i went for a pee. He has somehow managed to rent the uhd version of Dune (2021) and i now have 48hrs to watch it.

This was not on my agenda tbh
    PSN - minkymu
  • I am going to tell my wife that the boy accidentally ordered a Sonos subwoofer for me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yeah babe the dog paid 1200 quid for a PS5 from Ebay no can't cancel it
  • Honestly the lil shite. I spose its what yu get when all your card details are stored.

Might say he accidentally bought me a new game tho lol
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Honestly the lil shite. I spose its what yu get when all your card details are stored.

Might say he accidentally bought me a new game tho lol

Password protect all eshops. If the boys try to buy on the switch eshop I need to authorise the purchase through 2FA with my phone

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I tell you what though hes picked a corker. I didn't fancy it at all having never read the books. But my god the world building here put any sci fi i have ever seen to shame. It is magnificent.

Half way through and loving it
    PSN - minkymu
  • I would happily watch Dune again. Fuck it, let the spice flow.
  • Ok thats Dune done.

Wow. I am blown away.

Definitely regret missing this one at the cinema. I think in a cinema the fantastic sound design would have been earth moving.

Definitely finding the biggest screen i can rewatch that on asap and my tickets booked for the sequel.

This director does not fuck about. After arrival then this? Thats some cv
    PSN - minkymu
  • In fact i think the great compliment i can pay it is at 2 hr 35 minutes long it doesn't feel long enough.

I never left my seat, i never paused it. I would happily have watched another hour.

I think i need to pick up the 4k bluray and watch through the series x with my dolby atmos headphones on
    PSN - minkymu
  • Fantasy Island

Well that was just boring. Very dull, very tame and didn't have a single scare. Not even a cheap loud noise trigger jump scare.
    Big old bag of "meh"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    After arrival then this? Thats some cv

Someone else who’d rather pretend that Bladerunner 2049 didn’t exist,

Spoiler:
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    After arrival then this? Thats some cv

Someone else who’d rather pretend that Bladerunner 2049 didn’t exist,

Spoiler:

Of course. I forgot that. Pretty good tbf
    PSN - minkymu
  • 26. Hot Fuzz
    By far Edgar Wright's best film - a hilarious, action movie referencing, super-chop editing love song to the cop movies of the 90s. Great fun every time I watch it and watching it this time around with my 13yo sun and his mate (who doesn't normally get to watch anything over a PG) was an absolute pleasure. 9
    Gamertag: gremill
  • No Grem, which one do you want to watch... first.
  • Lol
  • Gremill wrote:
    26. Hot Fuzz
    By far Edgar Wright's best film - a hilarious, action movie referencing, super-chop editing love song to the cop movies of the 90s. Great fun every time I watch it and watching it this time around with my 13yo sun and his mate (who doesn't normally get to watch anything over a PG) was an absolute pleasure. 9

I absolutely adore Hot Fuzz.
    When I did the job we had a sign on the door to the bullpen with "nobody tells me nuffin' ", a freezer stocked with cornettos and sheer joy and cheers when I got a call out as "the swans escaped". (It genuinely had and I genuinely had to try and capture a swan, upon my return there were cheers as the Sgt came out and asked "no luck with them swans then?")
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    22. Jackass Forever
    Does it exactly what you expect, albeit with some new faces to take a share of the hits. It was great fun and they're still plenty inventive when it comes to the stunts. Age is obviously a factor now and the new guys don't quite work, plus Dunn and Bam are definitely missed so it's a few steps down from the earlier films. Still, loved seeing the remaining crew and it's by far the most I've laughed in quite some time. [7]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Citizen Kane is on iPlayer and I've never watched it before.

Is this the greatest film ever? I have no idea. What I do know is that it must have knocked the socks off people at the time as it's very modern. With its use of time jumping, alternative points of view, shots that play with perspective etc it's technically remarkable looking even now.

It's also a very enjoyable story - and reassuring in a way - as it paints the picture of a character who thrives on fake news. It seems it isn't a new thing after all. And as a cautionary tale against materialism it still has a lot to say today - maybe even more so than ever.  Still a highly recommended watch.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    It’s rightfully held up for its technical achievements, still really impressive to watch.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    23. Paris, Texas
    This didn’t quite work for me. At times it’s a stunning looking film and there’s a collection of great scenes but overall found it too slow and lacking in structure. Struggled to stay engaged towards the end even with the final scene being loaded with revelations. Loved the soundtrack though. [5]
  • House of Gucci
    Glorious, brilliant trash. Gaga is fantastic. Driver supports well. Pacino and Leto chew scenery in spectacular fashion. It’s awful but I loved it.

And the cars! Beautiful, beautiful cars.
  • 16. Nightcrawler
    I'm not sure love letter is the right phrase but this is a wonderful comment on the slimes, dirty side of LA night time and the media American news cycle. I love the cinematography in it. JG plays the part perfectly, super creep.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    House of Gucci Glorious, brilliant trash. Gaga is fantastic. Driver supports well. Pacino and Leto chew scenery in spectacular fashion. It’s awful but I loved it. And the cars! Beautiful, beautiful cars.

I’m keen to see that but heard it was a letdown. Something about Gaga doing a dreadful stereotypical Italian accent. Will certainly watch when it’s streaming somewhere.
  • It’s pretty much her actual accent with a bit less New York. Leto’s accent, on the other hand … mamma mia.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Heh. Maybe that was it. I’m in for the aesthetic alone anyway.
  • 27. Django Unchained
    Hadn't seen this since it was released and although I really enjoyed it at the time, I enjoyed it significantly less this time around. It's far, far too long and the self indulgence of some of the writing is as excessive as the run time. It's probably because the culture has changed so much since it was released, but Tarantino's excessive use of the N-word really made me quite uncomfortable. 12 Years a Slave showed that you can make a historically accurate film in that time period without resorting to the level of immature edge lord shite that this film rams down your throat. However, Christophe Waltz is brilliant as ever, Foxx is a total bad-ass, DiCaprio is pure disgusting evil flavoured ham and there are some great sequences in there. They're just part of a bloated, badly written mess of a film. 5
  • 23. Avatar
    Still very watchable and, apart from some compositing, the effects still hold up. It's all in the little effects and details and lighting. Very interested to see if the sequels are worth anything.
    [7]

24. Ron's Gone Wrong
    If Mitchell's v Machines didn't exist this might hold up better but so many elements here are in there and done better. You can tell this has less budget and also goes for too long. Still funny at times.
    [4]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!