• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 11. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)Competent enough slasher but nothing you wont have seen 100 times before.
    Didnt really grasp what was so good about the original.
    I would say you could switch out Leatherface for Jason or Myers in this and the film would basically be the exact same thing.
    The opening 20 minutes needlessly trowels on social commentary that ends up having nothing to do with the rest of the movie.
    Middle of the road score for a middle of the road movie.[5]
  • Didn't even know about a new TCM until it popped up on the Netflix. But then I've only ever seen the og, none of the sequels or reboots. I'll give this a watch, if only out of general horror interest.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Probably the most interesting thing about it is that it is rated R but could easily be edited down to a 15 which of course it would have been for a theatrical release.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Didn't even know about a new TCM until it popped up on the Netflix. But then I've only ever seen the og, none of the sequels or reboots. I'll give this a watch, if only out of general horror interest.

Perfectly okay if you haven’t seen the sequels, as this new one is a direct sequel of the original.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    11. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)Competent enough slasher but nothing you wont have seen 100 times before.
    Didnt really grasp what was so good about the original.
    I would say you could switch out Leatherface for Jason or Myers in this and the film would basically be the exact same thing.
    The opening 20 minutes needlessly trowels on social commentary that ends up having nothing to do with the rest of the movie.
    Middle of the road score for a middle of the road movie.[5]

Watching it now. That lead lass, Mel, is a fucking fanny and it's ruining the whole thing.

Also no real need for it to be tied to TCM. Ots just a generic slasher as you say.
  • But she is unconventional looking.
    Its clever.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm like halfway through now and all she's done is fucking moan and shit it. I'm guessing it's a commentary on the snowflake generation and it's incredibly deep.
  • Tick Tick Boom

I wasn't expecting to like this but utterly swept away by it within the opening few minutes. Andrew Garfield is absolutely brilliant in every way and I cried my eyes out at least twice.

Just give the man a damn Oscar
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The King’s Man
    Abysmal attempt to rescue the franchise by winding back a century and starting again. Godawful from start to finish.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Football Factory Better than I imagined it would be. Smarter anyhow. A very young Danny Dyer has some screen presence which surprised me given the one dimensional shtick we get from him now. It was OK. Probably more impactful in its day.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's not a terrible film. Whereas Green Street is.
  • 25. Ravenous
    Prime slice of 90s cannibalism themed horror, with Robert Carlyle terrorising Guy Pearce in a winter battered outpost in 1850s California. It's more schlocky than I remember it being and has some weird inconsistent comedy beats but it's still a great watch. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK wrote:
    The Football Factory Better than I imagined it would be. Smarter anyhow. A very young Danny Dyer has some screen presence which surprised me given the one dimensional shtick we get from him now. It was OK. Probably more impactful in its day.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's not a terrible film. Whereas Green Street is.

Love me any football hooligans film tbh, can watch the shite ones. I'd recommend Cass tho, not shite imo, pretty familiar topic but well done.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    25. Ravenous
    Prime slice of 90s cannibalism themed horror, with Robert Carlyle terrorising Guy Pearce in a winter battered outpost in 1850s California. It's more schlocky than I remember it being and has some weird inconsistent comedy beats but it's still a great watch. 8

I have this on my watchlist. Not sure I’ve seen it before, so might give it a go later.
    Get schwifty.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Well that was pointless. A horror film that was neither horrific nor scary. Just totally unnecessary.
    Boring too.
    Watched this straight after Tick Tick Boom and it was like having the best meal of your life followed by leftover Chinese you found in the bin
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 12. Schindler's List
    Not alot to say that won't have been said before. One of the best movies ever made. Soul destroying and harrowing.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I cry without fail when he realises the worth of his pin could have saved a life or two.
    Get schwifty.
  • 16. Dark Waters - 19/2
    Scary and brilliant docu-movie about Teflon and the dangers and Big Corps.
    [8]

17. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 19/2
    Good build-up to the finale but suffers from being part 1 and therefore feels like it's just a teaser or stepping stone to the next film.
    [7]

18. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 20/2
    A grand finale full of spectacle and surprises and emotion. A great finish.
    [8]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 13. The Terror
    Pre Easy Rider Nicholson in fairly standard for the era, churned out horror.

14. Three Billboards...
    Yeah good stuff. Rockwell is always highly watchable. Harrelson's letter cut me up a bit.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    11. The Terror Pre Easy Rider Nicholson in fairly standard for the era, churned out horror. 13. Three Billboards... Yeah good stuff. Rockwell is always highly watchable. Harrelson's letter cut me up a bit.

Your numbering technique is the real terror here.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    16. Dark Waters - 19/2 Scary and brilliant docu-movie about Teflon and the dangers and Big Corps. [8]

That story was both entirely unsurprising and infuriating that people could be so callous. Tip of the iceberg as well, I'm sure.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    21. The French Dispatch
    Enjoyed this overall but probably one of the more uneven Anderson films. Of the three main stories, the first stood out as best by quite some way. Benicio on great form. The second was interesting but less engaging (my wife fell asleep at that point) and the third pulled things back somewhat. It also felt like it was bordering on self-parody at times (perhaps intentionally if you're feeling generous) but I unashamedly lapped it up. Some may argue it's style over substance but even if it was, when the style is this good it's bonkers to ignore it. [7]
  • Yo Cos. Aren’t you collating all your viewings in one post? If you are, I couldn’t see it in first two pages of the thread.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Ah, I forgot about that. I've updated page one now and will keep on top of it.

As a proper nerd, I've got a spreadsheet where I track all my watching though not for reviews/scoring.
  • 15. Equilibrium
    Post Matrix slightly naff dystopian Sci Fi starring Brian Conley.

Gun katas were never cool let alone aged although they clearly influenced The Last Jedi thrown room fight as everyone stands around like a lemon.
  • Ha that was one of those 'no really trust me it's actually great' dvd movies. It wasn't.
  • Based on 1984, wasn’t it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    15. Equilibrium
    Post Matrix slightly naff dystopian Sci Fi starring Brian Conley.

Come again?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!