Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • Managed to round up a bunch more.

84. Frankenhooker
    Very enjoyable, zany Frank Henenlotter comedy horror. Hapless inventor Jeffrey accidentally chops his bird up in an automatic lawnmower and rebuilds her using prozzy body parts... and why not? The exploding room of hookers scene is a delight. 8

85. Vivarium
    Intriguing and stylised sci-fi social commentary on suburban purgatory. 7.5

86. Basket Case 2
    Lesser sequel that picks up from the events of the 1982 original. Duane and Belial are rescued from their plight and integrated into a family of freaks. 6.5

87. Fear Street: Part Three 1666
    Trilogy conclusion that explores the origins of the Shadyside curse. Weakest of the trilogy for me, but still an effective slice of entertainment. 7.5

88. Basket Case 3: The Progeny
    Basket trilogy dropping off hard, and I'm struggling to recount the events... the continued adventures of Duane and his deformed, monstrous twin Belial. 5.5

89. The Rental
    Dave Franco's directorial debut. Two couples hire a weekend getaway that takes a sinister voyeuristic turn when a camera is discovered in the shower. 7

90. Brain Damage
    Bonkers Frank Henenlotter comedy horror. Brian is your average guy, but after becoming inhabited by an English speaking, parasitic worm, whose steady supply of trippy, psychotic juice causes Brian to go on apeshit, brain devouring rampages... life becomes far from normal. 7

91. Wedding Crashers
    Dated Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson comedy. Some minor chuckles but this is lightweight and questionable in some respects. Will Ferrell steals the show with a cameo. 6

92. Slashlorette Party
    Trashy and forgettable modern slasher with no likeable characters. A bachelorette/bachelor party weekend away turns grizzly for the partygoers. 5

93. Edge of the Axe
    Pretty forgettable 1988 backwoods slasher with some weird computing theme. Meh. 5

94. No Time To Die
    Pretty enjoyable Bond romp and a return to form following the lull that was Spectre. Still incredibly flawed and certain characters are underused and under developed but it has Ana de Armas in it so all that gets a pass. 8
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 95. The Purge
    Mildly entertaining dystopian thriller upon which America celebrates a national holiday whereby all crime is decriminalised for 12 hours. Lacks the initial impact upon rewatches but still an interesting concept. 7

96. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
    A successful and entertaining revision of Romero's 1978 original. Some snappy dialogue, camera work and set pieces make this a worthy update. I always like to give this a rewatch every few years. 7.5

97. The Purge: Anarchy
    Equal if maybe slightly superior sequel. The action takes to the streets as Frank Grillo and a bunch of survivors navigate the annual purge. 7

98. Body Count (Camping del Terrore)
    Bobbins 1986 Italian American slasher of very little note. 4

99. Kingsman: The Secret Service
    Entertaining all star action spy comedy featuring Taron Egerton as a chavvy upstart turned into a super spy with the aid of the suave Colin Firth. 7.5

100. The Fog
    Creepy and effective, 1980 John Carpenter horror featuring scream queen Jamie Leigh Curtis and the delectable Adrienne Barbeau. A mysterious, eerie fog envelopes a coastal town, bringing with it the vengeful ghosts of shipwrecked mariners. 8

101. The Evil Dead
    Bruce Campbell and friends' log cabin holiday goes tits up as they release a demonic spirit that sees Campbell having to survive against his possessed companions. Sam Raimi's legendary zany and gory, supernatural horror. 8

102. The Babysitter: Killer Queen
    Weaker follow up sees the original's protag, Cole, witness history repeat itself as he encounters another demon worshipping, nutjob blood cult. Feels like a retread in parts of the first film and suffers from less Samara Weaving who is a total babe. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • How the fuck do you people find the time?!?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • How the fuck do you people find the time?!?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No kids, no missus, no problems.
  • ...and gaming has taken a slight backseat.
  • I feel like the Purge series could offer up a really solid movie if the right people got involved.
    There's a kernel of something really good there.

• 79. Home Alone
    The Don of Xmas movies. Best last 30 minutes of slapstick violence on the history of kids movies. 9
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Looking forward to watching again soon. Marv’s screams still make me laugh after all these years - the nail on stairs, spider on face and electrocution in 2 are just fucking brilliant.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Managed to round up a bunch more. 84. Frankenhooker Very enjoyable, zany Frank Henenlotter comedy horror. Hapless inventor Jeffrey accidentally chops his bird up in an automatic lawnmower and rebuilds her using prozzy body parts... and why not? The exploding room of hookers scene is a delight. 8 85. Vivarium Intriguing and stylised sci-fi social commentary on suburban purgatory. 7.5 86. Basket Case 2 Lesser sequel that picks up from the events of the 1982 original. Duane and Belial are rescued from their plight and integrated into a family of freaks. 6.5 87. Fear Street: Part Three 1666 Trilogy conclusion that explores the origins of the Shadyside curse. Weakest of the trilogy for me, but still an effective slice of entertainment. 7.5 88. Basket Case 3: The Progeny Basket trilogy dropping off hard, and I'm struggling to recount the events... the continued adventures of Duane and his deformed, monstrous twin Belial. 5.5 89. The Rental Dave Franco's directorial debut. Two couples hire a weekend getaway that takes a sinister voyeuristic turn when a camera is discovered in the shower. 7 90. Brain Damage Bonkers Frank Henenlotter comedy horror. Brian is your average guy, but after becoming inhabited by an English speaking, parasitic worm, whose steady supply of trippy, psychotic juice causes Brian to go on apeshit, brain devouring rampages... life becomes far from normal. 7 91. Wedding Crashers Dated Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson comedy. Some minor chuckles but this is lightweight and questionable in some respects. Will Ferrell steals the show with a cameo. 6 92. Slashlorette Party Trashy and forgettable modern slasher with no likeable characters. A bachelorette/bachelor party weekend away turns grizzly for the partygoers. 5 93. Edge of the Axe Pretty forgettable 1988 backwoods slasher with some weird computing theme. Meh. 5 94. No Time To Die Pretty enjoyable Bond romp and a return to form following the lull that was Spectre. Still incredibly flawed and certain characters are underused and under developed but it has Ana de Armas in it so all that gets a pass. 8

Is Wedding Crashers scarier than I remember or is it a palette cleanser?
  • I dunno, it left a funny taste in my mouth. I rewatched There's Something About Mary recently. Probably more worthy of your time if you want a retro comedy.
  • Fuck. I remember watching that in the cinema. First time Lee Evans tried to pick up his keys, I was in tears. For some time, it was my favourite comedy and I watched it so many times. One of my first DVD purchases.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Very Bad Things is still the best comedy from that period. So so good.
  • Aw yeah I loved that too!
  • double post. Move along.
  • Cosby wrote:
    Looking forward to watching again soon. Marv’s screams still make me laugh after all these years - the nail on stairs, spider on face and electrocution in 2 are just fucking brilliant.

Watching no.2 rn. Marv gets absolutely obliterated in the first few minutes of the house scene. It gets a bit odd in the middle but it's a decent sequel.

• Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, it’s a close call in terms of finales but 2 is weaker overall.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brain Damage in @Webbins list.

Marvellous piece of work that. The voice of the worm, Aylmer, is brilliant.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yes, the accent is spot on. Not a massive back catalogue, Henenlotter, but what there is, is gold.

I watched my first Christmas film of the season last night. Silent Night, Deadly Night. 80s slasher, really good horror, recommended as a nice alternative to Home Alone lol
  • Webbins wrote:
    Yes, the accent is spot on. Not a massive back catalogue, Henenlotter, but what there is, is gold.

I watched my first Christmas film of the season last night. Silent Night, Deadly Night. 80s slasher, really good horror, recommended as a nice alternative to Home Alone lol

Hey kids! Grab a blanket and let's snuggle down for some festive family films
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • To be fair, Home Alone is 103 minutes of home invasion, child neglect and ultraviolence, it just doesn't have Santa Claus burying a claw hammer into someone's head.
  • 42. Spider-Man: No Way Home - 18 Dec
    What a ride! Great fun. Some of it doesn't make sense, and some of the scenes dragged a little, but only a little. Otherwise this was so good.
    [8]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Scrooge(1951) and Elf

Two Christmas staples I always enjoy. Though I think this might have been the first time I watched Elf start to finish.

Alistair Sim is peerless in the role of Scrooge in my book.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Polar Express watched with the daughters. Never saw this before. It's a bit freaky looking with the motion capture and the uncanny valley textures but it's well done. Nice little story and a musical theme that tugs at the heart. The thrill rides would have been good fun in the cinema.
  • Clear and Present Danger
    A mid-tier Jack Ryan movie. Harrison Ford phones it in but is still watchable.

Wrath of Man
    Not what I expected from a Guy Ritchie and Jason Statham flick. No comedy, no cockneys. A straight-up US gangster/heist movie. Not bad.
    Spoiler:
  • 80. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Still makes me laugh every time I watch it. From Clark getting hit in the face by the loft ladders, to Todd and Margot's doomed yuppies it's a great 90 minutes. 10
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Clear and Present Danger A mid-tier Jack Ryan movie. Harrison Ford phones it in but is still watchable. Wrath of Man Not what I expected from a Guy Ritchie and Jason Statham flick. No comedy, no cockneys. A straight-up US gangster/heist movie. Not bad.
    Spoiler:

Totally agree on C&PD. It's one of those mediocre films that I'll still watch to the end pretty much any time I find it on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The cast makes it. And it has the most exciting scene involving a printer in cinema history.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Never seen C&PD. Will rectify that.
  • The unforgivable. Watched this last night. Made me cry. Great cast. I wouldn’t call it enjoyable but I appreciate the cast performances. 8/10
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!