ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • 31. Fighting With My Family
    Heart warming rise to fame of Norwich WWE wrestler, Paige. 7

32. Pet Sematary
    Stephen King's creepy resurrection horror adaptation with bonus Herman Munster. 6
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 13. Jojo Rabbit. Taika Waititi's third best film, probably. But then again, maybe it's his best. Maybe.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • 33. Argo
    Gripping account of the 'Canadian Caper' exfiltration of US diplomats from Iran. 9
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    the bestest horse
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Heh that’s what I think every time too!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 31. A Dark Song
    I liked most of what it was doing but I thought the script was fairly lacking. Random "cunt"s don't make for good writing.
    [7]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    the bestest horse
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Heh that’s what I think every time too!

Christ now it's in my head.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's john wick 3 the night lads
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    It's a cut above, that one.  Only recently realised that the doctor in that is the Key Maker from The Matrix Reloaded.  Clearly it's extended universe as John is basically a video game avatar.

32.  Boy - Enough laughs to be worthwhile but Waititi's cartoonish father character neuters any emotional punch.  They talk funny lol.  [6]

33.  Heat - I'm sure it's news to no one but it's flipping great.  Pacino is so much fun and the plot remains gripping throughout its considerable run time.  Weird seeing those set-pieces after playing the GTA games but it did nothing to diminish them.  Only a couple of odd notes in the form of De Niro's love interest and some heavy stuff used in a casual way.  The film will forever remind me of when they go to the theatre in Peep Show: "I'm going to pretend I am watching Heat".  [9]

34.  An American In Paris - Gene's always a pleasure to watch and Minnelli's colourful style is everywhere, not least in the stunning climactic dance sequence.  It's a bit lacking in other areas and there's a need for a really strong musical number that can stand up without the eye-popping visuals.  [7]
  • 34. Nightcrawler
    Jake Gyllenhaal excels in neo-noir thriller as borderline psychopathic nightly video newshound. 8
  • Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood
    A beautifully shot whole load of nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nada. There’s just nothing there. A vacant lot.
  • 32. Mom and Dad
    A lesson in how to take a fun concept and ruin it by making a dumpster fire of a film.
    [2]
  • 3. Parasite - 8th Feb

Bong Joon Ho’s best yet. The commentary on divisions in class and social status is obvious, but I think there are more subtle underlying messages here too. Plan to succeed could be one of them.

It is so watchable too. It helps that the movie has great pacing and is full of surprises, and has some great, often comedic, lines. Couple that with some brilliant cinematography and you bet I could just watch this again pretty soon! The scene where
    Spoiler:
    , I loved the long shots and the different angles, the curves and leading lines.

A film that makes you think and is also beautiful and fun. A rare beast indeed.

[10]

I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 35. London Has Fallen
    Hugely implausible, loud, explosive and mildly entertaining sequel to Olympus. 6
  • I fell asleep 20 minutes into London Has Fallen. Tried again.
    Fell asleep again.

For a film in which everything explodes it’s remarkably boring
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Watch it in the morning after a double espresso like I did.
  • I didn’t really like the first (White House Down did Die Hard in the White House so much better), fell asleep twice in the second film but really enjoyed the third, Angel Has Fallen.

Waiting for the fourth film with an ageing Gerard, Angel Has Had A Fall
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 36. Gran Torino
    Eastwood is at his gruff, bigoted best in this redemptive drama. 8
  • I didn’t really like the first (White House Down did Die Hard in the White House so much better), fell asleep twice in the second film but really enjoyed the third, Angel Has Fallen.

Waiting for the fourth film with an ageing Gerard, Angel Has Had A Fall

Ha!
  • 37. Heathers
    Cult dark comedy sees Ryder and Slater play high school antiheroes. 6
  • Used to love that, saw it had appeared on Netflix recently and wondered how it holds up.
  • My first time, passed me by back in the day. Kinda liked it but wasn't totally engrossed. It works as a satire on high school cliques but felt lacking in depth and plausibility. I was 12 years old back in '89 so might have been a shade too young to understand it and now I'm older, too old to overlook its flaws.
  • Parasite
    Clearly a well-timed watch. Captures the imagination in the most twisty, disturbing, beautiful way. Full of unexpected and delightful surprises, and certainly deserves to be considered one of the best films of the last year. Let's go fuck up some rich people.
  • 24. A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - 6
    Hanks stars as an American kids TV host legend who helps a cynical journalist become a better person and improve his relationship with his father. It didn't really grab me until the closing scenes. It's ok, I could imagine others enjoying it a lot more than I did.

25. The Bad Batch - 4
    Style over substance, has potential but goes nowhere.

26. A Fall From Grace - 4
    Poor thriller that starts off ok but gets worse with every passing minute.

27. Uncut Gems - 7
    Adam Sandler pulls off another solid dramatic role. Chaotic and at times uncomfortable to watch as Sandlers character goes on a downward spiral.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dolemite is my Name 

Very funny underdog story with some choice dialogue and a whopping heart.  Murphy is brilliant as Rudy Ray Moore but Snipes is king of the movie. [7] 

Plus I finally know who this Dolemite chap is that rappers like to rap about.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's a triumph.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    My first time, passed me by back in the day. Kinda liked it but wasn't totally engrossed. It works as a satire on high school cliques but felt lacking in depth and plausibility. I was 12 years old back in '89 so might have been a shade too young to understand it and now I'm older, too old to overlook its flaws.

That, I only saw it first time in last couple of years, could enjoy it but didn't see what the person who asked me to watch it was raving about, which has made me think of a film I want to watch this evening
  • cockbeard wrote:
    … which has made me think of a film I want to watch this evening

Is it Mean Girls?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!