Just completed
  • HLD is a game I wished I loved a lot more than I actually do.
  • Finished final chapter in Yakuza 0 yesterday. Wonderful game, biggest gaming surprise for me in years. Loved the characters, story and the combat. I've done some business stuff, maybe 30 side quests and put 38 hours into it. That's enough for me. Definitely going to try the other games at some point too. Take a chance on Yakuza 0 if you haven't already... dirt cheap as well on PlayStation hits. This game needs to feel more love.
    Peter3C
  • Interested in a cheap copy of Yakuza 6 by any chance?
  • Hah not at the minute. I'm taking a wee Yakuza break. Kiwami will be the next one
    Peter3C
  • Was worth a shot.  Doing them in order is the only true way anyway.  I haven't got the patience for the slow burn on 6.  I'm fairly sure I'd been attacked by a growling Yakuza captain on a motorcycle by this time in Zero.
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy

I (mostly) loved it, but I don’t think I have anything more to say about it that hasn’t been said about Uncharted games already. Love the exploration, love the environments, love some of the thrilling set-pieces, hate most of the gunplay.

One thing I was thinking, towards the end, is that they do a great job of channeling you in apparently open environments. In both 4 and LL there are jeep sections which are wide enough to make you feel like you’re finding your own way, and they design the environment so you can generally pick out your path even at speed. And then, they time trigger events brilliantly to make you feel like you nailed the timing. It’s all a trick, I know, but if you give yourself over to it, it’s very enjoyable.
  • SUPERHOT

It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That didn’t read like a [7].

[3]
  • SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT
  • That's Ori completed.
    A fine little game and very different from something like Hollow Knight.
    Ori is far more traditional metroidvania while HK tries to add Souls to the mix. Ori is a good platformer in it's own right, will be looking forward to part 2.

7 bash chains out of 10.

Next up, Dead Cells.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Forgot to bounce on Spider-Man
    It's a great, small and doable open world. Reminded me of Infamous Second Sun in that it's clearable to 100% without too much strain. Unfortunately I played it poorly, doing every iteration of side quests before moving on. The story is the reason to play this, and the final mission in particular is an absolute banger. It's odd that an open world game puts so much on the story, as it usually is about world building, but I'd totally recommend anyone who don't do the open world shit to just power through the story, and maybe some of the side quests as they're dumb and fun.
    It's a full 9 here. Will likely chart somewhere on the old goty list.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spider-Man is the one 3rd person action adventure game that makes me want a PS4. Hopefully I can find someone to borrow one off some time just to play through this, and maybe Horizon: ZD.
  • I've been trying to get through the turgid tutorial opening of H:ZD for about eight months now.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I bounced off H:ZD when I realised it was basically 3rd person Far Cry.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I was never that keen on it, but I quite liked the art direction.
  • It's certainly very pretty.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bloody hell im on a roll. Two games finished in theee weeks. Yoku’s Island Express still lots of secrets to collect but main story is done. Enjoyable light hearted fun.

[8]
  • It’s hoping to put Into The Breach here earlier. But then I made a stupid mistake on last level that I was telling myself I wouldn’t do and that ruined me. I was like “remember not to kill that one cos it opens up that other attack” and then started musing about other tactics... and finally started doing stuff and forgot about it and messed up. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • But if you beat it once on Normal you've not really "finished" it, you've just dinged it.
  • Yeah yeah but I desperately need to say I finished a game! Haven’t finished anything since God of War!

I’m sure it’ll be ages before I actually ‘finish’ Into The Breach.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Bloody hell im on a roll. Two games finished in theee weeks. Yoku’s Island Express still lots of secrets to collect but main story is done. Enjoyable light hearted fun.

[8]

Thats at the top tier of my goty list so far.
  • I mean I lost literally on last move of the game. That mistake cost me big. Here I go again gotta decide which pilot to take.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

[8]

Thats at the top tier of my goty list so far.

I’ve gone back in realising I’ve got a lot more to do. The pinball / platform mechanic is pretty much perfectly balanced.
  • This is definitely one of those where I'm wondering if I played the same game as everyone else.
  • JonB wrote:
    This is definitely one of those where I'm wondering if I played the same game as everyone else.

Happens. It’s like me with Dead Cells at the moment. I’m getting some enjoyment out of it but am left wondering why some people think it’s goty material!
  • So, regarding online; I started the seven day free trial. Now, I’m trying not to spend any money on videogames this calendar year, but one allowable exception was if I was going to miss out on anything on the Switch online service. I can live without online play (the ARMS Party Crash is pretty much the only time I play online, and I can easily miss out on that until the start of next year) so I won’t miss out there, but has there been any indication of losing out on the NES stuff, or does it look like the full library will be available to all at any time they’re subscribed?

I’m also a little concerned that the special offers, whatever they are, will just be available to anyone with a current subscription, and that starting your subscription after you hear about it won’t work.

---
    JonB wrote:
    This is definitely one of those where I'm wondering if I played the same game as everyone else.

I hear you.
  • Just finished Hyper Light Drifter
    Hmm
    The audio and visuals are top notch as is the combat - great responsiveness.  Also really enjoyed the bosses.
    Had some problems with it though: 
    At time the progress is very obscurely hidden (I have no shame in using a walkthrough at times) which really broke up the play.  While something like Hollow Knight the exploration was part and parcel of the experience I found in HLD it was just annoying
    There is also a couple of places where you can't progress without a power up (multi dash) which I could never get the hang of, managed to be just good enough to complete but was a pain in the tits.
    Finally the whole thing felt "cold", probably by design but I never really enjoyed being in the "world" as I did with Hollow Knight

An 8 from me
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Tempy wrote:
    HLD is a game I wished I loved a lot more than I actually do.
    Sorry just seen this - agree
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I liked the explorations style of checking every nook and looking for secret bits and bobs.

A proper map would've been a big help though.
  • It's still on my list of things to play at some point, I think I'd like it but the price isn't right for a gamble.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!