PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh. That also tries and fails to be a game tho :-p
  • With you on GH. A bit of misdirection and guessing what was up was about the extent of the fun for me. But I couldn't really buy into the set up at any point. Didn't make sense to explore the house and start reading everything. My first thought was to find a room and go to bed.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris

Ehhhh it was ok. Probably more involving with the intended 4 player co-op but it's pretty short and the loot is uninspiring. Handful of pretty tombs and only the cheesiest of voice acting.

[6] When are we going to get an elderly Lara Croft in a point and click adventure game out of [10]

Killing Floor 2

Done the prerequisite 10 hours and I've had my fill. I seem to get heavily addicted to these wave-survival based games even though the quality is often very ropey like with the Payday games. Anyway, if you have PS+ and fancy some strangely a-social despite playing with 5 other people em up then go for it. No one uses voice. If you like CoD zombies it's probably more influenced from Killing Floor original game and Unreal Tournament mod than anything else.

[6] It'll do for my free game out of [10]
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    How can you not like Gone Home?! It's vaguely like Shenmue! Fucking Shenmue, our sacred cow!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I didn't mind Gone Home to be honest but I was waiting for a fucking jump scare half the time and it never came (full bollo there, its liberating) and it was essentially something about nothing at all.
  • Oxenfree on PC

Really liked it!  Though had a hard time getting into it.  Everything is told with dialogue which is fine in movies, but in a game where the camera is very far away from the action it was a bit hard to tell who was who and what they were doing.  It really isn't that big a deal and things clicked for me after about 30 minutes, but I really didn't care about anything that was happening during the start.

Thought it was great once it got into the main story though.  It's a scary mystery story, but there aren't any jump scares or anything like that.  Without giving anything away there are a bunch of kids spending a night alone on an island that things go bad and you have to get away without dying.  Thought it was pretty intriguing, it's lovely to look at and sounds nice too.  Thought all of the kids were fun except for 1 who I couldn't stand

Only bits I didn't like were the constant small talk!  Sometimes it was funny, and the dialogue that was relevant to what you were doing was usually a high standard, but too often everyone was just banging on about shit.  Would have rathered a bit more quiet.  It does have the occasional Telltale style '2 important things are happening - pick one!' choice pop up which i am a bit sick of; they don't feel like big decisions anymore.  Not a big deal though.

Does encourage you to play again, and I'm keen to at least revisit the start now that I know the characters.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You'd enjoy @Tempy's vid...
  • Kingdom New Lands.

Its been a lovely little obsession. Drip feeds new stuff a touch slowly, but that does become part of the charm.

Have worked out pretty much everything.

Thoroughly recommended.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Everyone's been finishing LCatToO, I feel I really ought to, too.
  • Me too. I'll pick up again soon, got some say way in before being distracted by other games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • i completed the Last Guardian.  Don't have much more to add, I just don't often get the chance to post in here since I hardly ever complete games! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Never really put my TLG thoughts together but in hindsight it didn't click as coherently as ico or , especially SotC. Felt very disjointed in a lot of ways - I guess it didn't help that I didn't end up feeling anything massive for catbird. I have my own idiot cat and he's happy. In contrast I felt awful for another companion animal in another Ueda game.

Speaking of the man, discovering he worked on D and Enemy Zero (lol) (but that also has a Michael Nyman score) was a bit of a surprise
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    How can you not like Gone Home?! It's vaguely like Shenmue! Fucking Shenmue, our sacred cow!

Vaguely being the operative word.

Now, say seven Hail Reggies, flog yourself with the cord of a DualShock2, and ask Segata Sanshiro for forgiveness.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Severed (Vita)

First person touchscreen explore and slash 'em up from the Guacamelee people. Similar graphical style but with a more macabre tone. The combat mostly works very well, especially when you're surrounded by enemies and have to keep turning round to fend each one off. Some of the powers it introduces later on aren't that much fun though, and creating a challenge by introducing time limits in some sections can get annoying (perhaps there's only so much you can do with the format). Other than that, the maze-like levels are well-constructed and there's plenty of stuff to find by exploring fully.
  • demons souls

Second playthrough and it's not grown on me any further.
    Desperately needs a remaster and actually deserves one.
    Won't be going back to it again..

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hitman Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

By just completed I mean I have bare minimum completed all parts of the five missions that were available at launch. 100%ed a couple so still got more to occupy me pre-burn out.

What a subsuming puzzle game. Everything about the design is as slick and methodical as the bald man himself. Can't wait to give Lara Croft Go a try.

Only having one music track is absolutely fine if it's this one.

• This really is a consistently great thread. I don't play a lot of the games discussed in here, but I certainly do enjoy reading all your comments about them.

just sayin

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shit. Forgot to give Hitman Go a score.

[High Tier 8] out of [10]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)

So Dante's glorious video actually pretty closely matches my thoughts...

... so I can't be bothered to say quite all of it when he does a better job.

The highlights though: I really wanted to enjoy it, and fleetingly did, but the whole thing was a just empty.  Or full of hot air.  The movement speed was oh-my-god excruciating (no improvements since your vid, dante!), particularly when it slows down from "walk" to "really slow walk" in certain situations.

The ball of light as leader avoided abuse in the vid, but not from me.  It's one of the worst video gaming devices I can remember ever experiencing.  Unreliable, unclear, inconsistent, stubborn: just what you want to be leading the way.  The game also kinda bugged out on me at one point, where I'd skipped a mandatory (?) cutscene, gone on to the next human's life and completed that, before saving and exiting.  The game then wanted me to redo the skipped cutscene, so the ball of light had me trapsing half the way back (at a snail's pace).  And then after that vanished, cos it had buggered off back to near where I'd saved.  Except I could really remember where that was, and it was a further slow trek away, and when I got there the ball of light wasn't there either, and then when I restarted it has saved back at the missed cutscene so I had to re-re-walk yet again, and then it only appeared after I'd circled about repeatedly.  I only avoided quitting during that because some walkthrough suggested the next chapter was (and I quote) "immensely satisfying".  This was a lie.

On it's side, for all its vapidness, the world was gloriously rendered; some of the music was hauntingly fitting too, and the particle effects after each slice of story finished were excellent.  Just a shame about the content within, really.  And yeah the story; sci-fi garbage.

I'm glad I played it though, cos now I don't need to play it.  [4] should-have-used-a-different-medium's out of 10.
  • I hate to say this now... but you guys know there is a run button, right??
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It made very little difference when I tried to use it!  (I had it pretty permanently held down.)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    (Instruction screen described it as "build up speed", fwiw, and it seemed very gradual, peeking at what I would not even call a stroll. If you had legit running I'll be pissed!)
  • Oh sorry, thats what I meant... hold down R2 to build speed.
  • Theres definitely been someone on here that did the whole thing without knowing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Edge [9] as I remember.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm just the recall messenger.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Apparently, Nioh.

I was just dodging, dashing, slashing and looting my way forward in this feudal Japan hell-bent on mythological violence like I've been doing these past few weeks, when I seemingly met some prerequisite for a material gathering trophy which in turn unlocked the Platinum one.

You are Nioh, it says. Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. But in subtext it feels a lot like it's telling me to go home now - there's nothing for you here.

But there is! Everything in Nioh is made to be stretched slightly too fucking far, every stat and weapon can be rerolled and rebuilt at your will, every level can be done faster, more artfully; every enemy and boss is always there waiting to be killed again, to be killed better.

Yes, there's an obsessive lunacy to this game and the relationship you create with it.

I can easily pick holes, provide constructive criticism, but I can also just keep on going, because so few games plays as well as this, or feels as good.

Gotta put them demons in their place.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You Have To Win The Game (PC)

A hidden gem!  A real treat from start to finish (except the very, very finish...) - old skool metroidvania sans any attacking.  Wasn't sure what to expect at all (having barely heard of it), but it's brought a right smile to my face.  Innate charm.  Highly recommended!

[9] teeth from a mouth.

• Probably shit, then.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!