Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Actual Sunlight (Vita)

Well that was depressing.  

But maybe that's not unsurprising, as it's a game about depression.

Or basically a story really.  Not much game.  Some humorous vignettes along the way... but yeah not exactly uplifting.  Glad to have 'played' it though I guess.  [7] leafs in a storm.
  • Where do you find all this shit?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There's this platform called Steam
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Metro: Last Light Redux (Xbox One)

Not as good as the original, which I'd rate as one of the best single player FPSs on 360. There's the occasional bug, mainly just clipping issues, which'd probably not be that much of a deal on 360 but stands out like a sore thumb in super-special-edition-o-vision.

Difficulty is all over the place. Mostly it's not as hard as the original, and I was drowning in military grade ammo by the end. (Turns out saving the world is a profit-making enterprise.) But as frustrated as I got with the one or two difficulty spikes and shite boss fights, it should speak volumes that I've immediately gone back to replay it under a different gameplay mode and a higher difficulty setting.

[6] radioactive hotspots out of [10] trippy flashback sequences (if I'm wearing my Serious Reviewer is Serious™ hat)

[8] mutants that are suspiciously not as scary as the ones from the original out of [10] moments spent scrabbling around in the dark for gasmask filters (if I'm wearing my Metro fan hat)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, and for the love of god, if you're going to have child characters, get child voice actors. Adults putting on squeaky voices doesn't cut it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    dID You PLAy the dEe EL CEE
  • I've just finished Last Light too.  I concur with Swirly, it felt both inferior and superior to 2034.  I did a morally good run through and will go back to do an arsehole run and play the DLC levels.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Talk to me about gas masks people.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have got distracted from my Metro Redux adventure. Now the weather has nosedived I might return...
  • Facewon wrote:
    Talk to me about gas masks people.

There was one level where I ran out, the one with the shrimp(?) boss. I died moments before crossing over the log. I had to fanny about less on killing him to get by. No real problems either side of that.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    dID You PLAy the dEe EL CEE

Not yet, but I will. Assuming you mean the extra one-off levels that come with Redux by default?
    Facewon wrote:

Two chapters had to be started from the beginning due to lack of filters. One was same point as Webbins, actually - shrimp boss. Foreknowledge and some successful scavenging meant second play throughs went ok.
  • Facewon wrote:

The gas mask idea is cool but sometimes you had to change filters a bit too much. The amount of filters literally prevented you from exploring areas too much.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @swurl I just want peeps to try the stalker level.
  • I'm going to rinse the dlc levels tonight.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    The gas mask idea is cool but sometimes you had to change filters a bit too much. The amount of filters literally prevented you from exploring areas too much.

I wonder if there's a mod for the PC version that makes the filters last a reasonable amount of time. You find some out in the wild with a useful life on one minute.

"Yes sir, I have completed the prototype design for the new gas mask with swappable filters."
    "Excellent! How long do the filters last?"
    "Around sixty seconds, sir."
    "... you're fucking fired.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    @swurl I just want peeps to try the stalker level.

Don't worry, once I've done my Spartan/Hardcore run, I'm planning on doing all the DLC levels.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)

So much about this is truly awful.  I mean the story is beyond ridic, the script is lamentable, the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard, the occasional cartoon cut-scene is totally out of place, and the hub world pissed me off.

But the actual levels aren't quite that bad, and some are even fleetingly enjoyable.  Others are crap though, obvs, bosses were meh, insta-death was meh.

Reads like a 5, but I'm in generous mood in hope of electoral karma, so I'll go as high as [6] irises from a set.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    This is the kind of thing that crops up in Metro Last Light.

• I didn't notice many bugs to be fair. The DLC levels are a mixed bag. The Heavy Squad horde one is bab, the artifact one is decent, the Sniper Team one is somewhere in between. Yet to try the others.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Floating engine object is like an uncommon.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Big payoff of the Artifact DLC for me was
    Spoiler:
  • Rime.Lovely stuff.whats more I went back to replay the first area and found bucket loads of new stuff.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Rime.Lovely stuff.whats more I went back to replay the first area and found bucket loads of new stuff.

I heartily concur.. I also did the same and found one new thing..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Rime.Lovely stuff.whats more I went back to replay the first area and found bucket loads of new stuff.
    I heartily concur.. I also did the same and found one new thing..
    Dooooode get yo ass to the Rime thread for spoiler discussion! Im dyin     to talk about it!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Just finished it too. Damn. That's an ending.

Final twist. Just thinking what a lovely and nicely told story it was and the the credits come up: Written by...
    Spoiler:
    Well, fair play to him.
  • Longer thoughts about Rime.

The further I got into this, the more the comparisons with Journey seemed appropriate. It has more traditional gameplay, in its puzzles and platforming, but these are never really there to halt your progress. Like Journey, there's a near relentless forward momentum. Plus the music is very reminiscent. I suppose Brothers would be another relevant reference point.

Halfway through I was unhappy about the lack of challenge, but it all makes sense as you get towards the end. And it's certainly a game that needs to be played to the end before it can be properly understood. And now that I've done it I need to play it through again.

So, I liked it a lot then.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Minutes (PS4)

Move around the screen evading black stuff and picking up other colours, this semi-racist pacifist shoot-em-up sans guns was kinda fund in brief spurts, but fuck trying to score-hunt on it, it requires too much perfection. 

Other oddities include the ease with which you become OP once you get all the power-ups and size-changing abilities, and the UI that only lets you change level once you quite back to the main menu.

Still though, I love the idea of it, and it actually executes it pretty well most of the time - some levels positively balletic in their choreography.  

Last chance saloon for electoral karma, I'm going as high as [8] cos of its indieness.  A job well done.
  • Little Nightmares (PS4)

Not as good as Inside, but very strange and disturbing. 

[7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Never Alone (PS4)

Also not as good as Inside.  In fact, pretty mediocre in terms of this type of artsy platformer.  Gameplay was meh, puzzles were meh, checkpointing and signposting pretty ropey at times.  And yeah OK nice innuit folk tale but that does not a good game make.

There was a bit of a change at the midway point, with actually what I thought was going to be quite a poignant scene.  But they fucked it.

Like a [5] I guess.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Should have been a game about seal clubbing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Monument Valley

Completed the main game along with Ida's Dream and then I instantly bought the Forgotten Shores dlc. CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARMCHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM CHARM

It was really good. Glad I played it. Simple challenges ofc but it'll linger for a long time just on aesthetics and clever af presentation. I can understand why it was an award darling.

Music box level was whoa.

[8] CAWS out of [10]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!