Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They've miscued WipEout and Doom, but Vice City's nice.
  • Drop 7 is good. Very good.

It's not that good.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Amendments and best of lists = BAD AIDS.
    g.man wrote:
    Clickbait nonsense.
    g.man wrote:
    Likewise. Never even heard of it.
    g.man wrote:
    tumblr_inline_mh5pibgHNu1qggtaq.gif
  • The Ten Best Consoles of the past twenty years

10. Dreamcast
    9. Megadrive
    8. Wii
    7. PlayStation 3
    6. DS lite
    5. GameCube
    4. Nintendo 64
    3. PlayStation
    2. PlayStation 2
    1. PlayStation 4

FTFY Edge. OK I'll let this one drop on the mat, then I'm cancelling.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape wins.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Issue 1 has been available for a while.  More recently, they've put up a 'best of the last 20 years' iPad exclusive, also £1.49.
  • I guess this issue isn't on the iPad yet though?  I have enjoyed the best of one adkm mentioned and the reprint of issue one.

Note in Sas's picture of the SFII bit, the price is £90 on import.  Feeding that through an inflation calculator I found via Google, that's apparently £155.30 in today's money.  We were paying £150+ for games!
  • Yes that's why I laugh whenever some cunt says they're pirating a game cos they cost too much money.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I guess this issue isn't on the iPad yet though?  I have enjoyed the best of one adkm mentioned and the reprint of issue one. Note in Sas's picture of the SFII bit, the price is £90 on import.  Feeding that through an inflation calculator I found via Google, that's apparently £155.30 in today's money.  We were paying £150+ for games!

It was worth every penny. Of my parents' money.
  • Also shout outs to DkS and SF4, my 2 favourite games, getting 10s, always baffled me that they didn't at the time.
  • My n64 games still have the prices on the boxes. I was playing it the other day and also remarked how stupid it is that people moan about the price of titles when they are now more spoilt for choice than ever.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The cost of the cartridges for the N64 was one of the big reasons that the Playstation sold so well though. It's not like everyone was going out and buying games for £70.
  • Yeah but playstation games were still 30-40 quid 15 years ago. The price hasn't moved, but you factor in inflation and we're paying the least we've ever paid for games at a time when they cost more than ever.

It'd be like if the Odeon still charged the same £6 they charged me to see Star Wars Episode 1 when I went to see Avatar.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • My cinema does charge £6. You're getting ripped off pal.
  • Covers 11-15 are a bit lame. CoD for 2007? Shoulda been SMG.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    The Ten Best Consoles of the past twenty years 10. Dreamcast 9. Megadrive 8. Wii 7. PlayStation 3 6. DS lite 5. GameCube 4. Nintendo 64 3. PlayStation 2. PlayStation 2 1. PlayStation 4 FTFY Edge. OK I'll let this one drop on the mat, then I'm cancelling.

Not serious, surely?
  • Of course not. He has the Mega drive in there.
  • You might have been being charged 150 for games. I got them for a fiver or less in Woolworths.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I got the doom cover. Its a bit dull, particularly the back
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Shoulda made it talk when you open it.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    The Ten Best Consoles of the past twenty years 10. Dreamcast 9. Megadrive 8. Wii 7. PlayStation 3 6. DS lite 5. GameCube 4. Nintendo 64 3. PlayStation 2. PlayStation 2 1. PlayStation 4 FTFY Edge. OK I'll let this one drop on the mat, then I'm cancelling.

Not serious, surely?

No, a glib attack of their PS4 championing cover... and don't call me etc...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd change your 6128 for a Plus/4.
  • This arrived at work today. I mis-read some of the earlier posts in this thread, and assumed they were looking back on a number of titles that had been awarded stingy/generous scores, but it turns out they're just dishing out 10s to a bunch of 9s. Awful stuff, I just don't see the point (ho-ho). If you include these amended scores, I reckon Edge has dished out twice as many 10s as GamesTM since it launched in 2002.

The Shenmue cover is nice though.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    That Resi 4 cover is that one I want. Lovely. I go the Wipeout one. Thoroughly enjoying the read myself. Loads of nostalgia. Liked the bit about the first Edge mag and launch. 
    The re-review bit made me start playing Red Dead again after 2 years or so. My son picked up the GOTY edition yesterday for a song. Still totally magic to ride around in.
    rest less
  • I can't believe the whole Red Dead thing. I never finished it due to boredom and the fact I could not handle seeing yet another glitch in that game, it was fucking horrendous for glitches. An 8 at best. Interested to read what they say about it.

And Drop 7??? I mean what the actual fuck?
  • If they're saying Drop7 is a 10 that is quite deranged, it has actual broken mechanics in later stages when you're ending up with 1s everywhere. Piyo Blocks 2 is a far better game that has no fault even through into the hectic stages.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    This arrived at work today. I mis-read some of the earlier posts in this thread, and assumed they were looking back on a number of titles that had been awarded stingy/generous scores, but it turns out they're just dishing out 10s to a bunch of 9s. Awful stuff, I just don't see the point (ho-ho). If you include these amended scores, I reckon Edge has dished out twice as many 10s as GamesTM since it launched in 2002. The Shenmue cover is nice though.

Yes, but GamesTM has given 10s to games like Gears of War and God of War 2! Although Edge are now no better by just dishing out 10s to the likes of Drop 7 and RDR.
  • Still not available on ipad
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • JMW wrote:
    If they're saying Drop7 is a 10 that is quite deranged, it has actual broken mechanics in later stages when you're ending up with 1s everywhere. Piyo Blocks 2 is a far better game that has no fault even through into the hectic stages.
    Yup. I played a lot of Drop 7. It's very addictive for a while but loses its appeal once you get to a certain level and it's just a clusterfuck of 1s everywhere.

In the days of the blurum, one of the staffers was championing this. Had some reference to it in his sig and came out with a few hyperbolic statements about it. I presume this revision is his doing.

It's a run of the mill iOS puzzle game.

[7]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    With the Drop7 thing, it's also worth mentioning that Margaret Robertson (Robinson?), ex-Edge editor, is married to the bloke who wrote it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!