• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Realised I also have Hue - the wonders of PC gaming.

Played 30 mins.  English voice acting and colour spelt correctly - that's a good start.

Why are we comparing it to Ori?

Three letter titles.
  • Ico is the best. Rez is pretty great, as is Fez.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Realised I also have Hue - the wonders of PC gaming. Played 30 mins.  English voice acting and colour spelt correctly - that's a good start. Why are we comparing it to Ori?

Nothing to do with the games. I said i love Hue, muzzy said he didn't. I said fair enough, each to their own and (because i had happened to try Ori for the first time recently) mentioned i didn't like Ori even though lots of people do. In other words, because of a fairly random neuron link in the brain of Djornson.
  • Awesome, tenuous as fuck links are the best.
  • Hue's not great.  Whoever put the ceiling spikes in needs a punch.  Spend a few minutes dragging blocks, accidentally press jump, or jump too high.  Restart.  This is a puzzle game (and a tedious one at that) - noone is concentrating on those ceiling spikes.  Just padding.
  • Spider-Man

Started off really enjoying it but by the end I was fed up with it..

Didn't enjoy any of the boss battles. They're all rubbish. Didn't enjoy any of the challenges and it was annoying that they contributed another currency which I needed for upgrades.. A lot of the side content was samey.. The swinging was good but annoying when you need to land somewhere precise.. there was a lot of annoying shit.. MJ missions? All shit. I don't remember signing up for a point and click.. all the insta-fail stealth .. shit.. The later part of the game nearly all entirely shit.

Plus it goes on and on .. to the point where  you just want it to end all ready. The thing about open world games is you need organic stuff to do that provides variety.. stuff you can just go off and do.. not shoe horned in shit. There's just no variety in this.. no excuse to just wander off and do stuff. It's quite a dull city. I don't know.. maybe I'm not explaining it well but there's no sense of really exploring or coming across stuff.

7 out of 10.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Baba Is You

I played this for about 30 hours in the last few weeks. It's a great puzzle game, full of clever ideas and endlessly flexible. There's also plenty of it. It gets difficult though. I got stuck a lot and sometimes spent ages on a single puzzle trying all sorts of solutions. Fortunately it's got an open structure, so you can keep switching between different routes until one of them gives way. And so often the solutions end up being simpler than you'd thought. I still haven't finished all of it, and I'm not sure I will, but it's probably a good one to go back to now and again just to see if anything new clicks. The system behind it is ingenious.
  • 30hrs isn't what I was expecting at all. It looks like an ingenious puzzle game that would last for around 5hrs. Impressive that the idea can sustain something much longer. Goty candidate?
  • So far, yes. It's a borderline 9 for me. The only issue really is how much patience it can require to figure out the tougher stuff.

You can actually reach the credits pretty early, though, if you want a basic 'completion'. Maybe even around 5 hours. But by that point you probably won't have touched at least half the areas, so it doesn't feel like it's finished at all.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm very tempted. But need a steam sale...
  • Is it on Switch?
  • Nice, will check it out.
  • Bobs Spider-Man review is ace and a real kind of 90’s console mag level of ripping the game to shit in the actual prose but then there’s still a 7 out of ten at the end so as not to piss off those advertisers.

• Bob wrote:
    Spider-Man

Started off really enjoying it but by the end I was fed up with it..

Didn't enjoy any of the boss battles. They're all rubbish. Didn't enjoy any of the challenges and it was annoying that they contributed another currency which I needed for upgrades.. A lot of the side content was samey.. The swinging was good but annoying when you need to land somewhere precise.. there was a lot of annoying shit.. MJ missions? All shit. I don't remember signing up for a point and click.. all the insta-fail stealth .. shit.. The later part of the game nearly all entirely shit.

Plus it goes on and on .. to the point where  you just want it to end all ready. The thing about open world games is you need organic stuff to do that provides variety.. stuff you can just go off and do.. not shoe horned in shit. There's just no variety in this.. no excuse to just wander off and do stuff. It's quite a dull city. I don't know.. maybe I'm not explaining it well but there's no sense of really exploring or coming across stuff.

7 out of 10.

Wow that's a scathing review of one of the years best games Bob!

I think you know what your getting with spiderman, swinging and brawling.
    And they work perfectly.

Having finished this myself and adding it to my list I enjoyed the boss battles as old skool as they felt they mixed it up a little and added variety.
    Steal sections (mj) didn't outstay there welcome and we're brief enough to lay the story on and begone.

I enjoyed it throughly 9/10
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have bought #nowillpower

Done all the first world.  It's kinda fun.  Midway through the second.  Unclear how I get the big flowers to unlock the locked bit, do I need to do clever solutions or does that just come later?  (Spoiler-ish-free answer if poss pls.)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Hue is getting better.  Have all colours, and music, which I've just turned back on, is nice and funky.  It was bit noodly earlier so I'd turned it off as I was listening to other things.

Difficulty is all over the place, but luckily not encountered any more pointless spikes in the ceiling.

Quite liking the laser level apart from this one:tumblr_podnvesHfX1ud0wbvo1_1280.jpg
  • Nice, kudos for sticking with it. If i don't like a game within the first 5 minutes i move on lol, so many games out there! I liked the music, voice acting, relaxing sort of atmosphere.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    Nice, kudos for sticking with it. If i don't like a game within the first 5 minutes i move on lol, so many games out there! I liked the music, voice acting, relaxing sort of atmosphere.

This would mean I hardly play any games... oh, wait.

I have the terrible habit of keep buying games even though I know I have a load of triple A and smaller games that I could be playing.
  • Wargrove
    Obviously it’s incredibly derivative and it does have some nasty spikes in difficulty but thoroughly enjoyable
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Muzzy, with the first world, do you mean
    Spoiler:
    I'm almost at the end of the area in the second spoiler, is getting harder now and being really tired and having an headache doesn't help that much. Seems a fun puzzler though.

Completed Octo Expansion . That ending is quite something. Had to redo the final boss quite a few times, and actually thought I lost again, time ran out the exact moment I saw "game" and I only realized I did it because the retry menu didn't come up. That whole sequence gets a very loud BO-YAAAAH from me, loved it. It's actually pretty dark though as far as the story goes.
    Still missing 4 mem cakes, but I doubt I go back.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    To the puzzle thread with you!
  • Only missing 4 mem cakes is quite an achievement Nina. Not sure how many I was missing, far more than that though. I really should go back because I may have missed some of the best stages.
  • The Walking Dead Seaon 2

Really enjoyed this once it got going, some shocking moments and interesting to see Clem growing up.
    [6]

Then I started the next season, eurgh, what a turd. Not playing as Clem but having her there is weird, I wanted to continue her story properly. Now she is growing up I want to continue to make decisions as her, my decisions as Lee influenced her upbringing, my decisions as her influenced her becoming a young adult (I realise choices dont make a massive difference, but they do a good job of the illusion).

The graphics have had an upgrade but now look strange, lost that styling they had.
    Just not really interested.
  • Hue

Not bad.  Starts off fairly tedious but picks up as it goes along.
    Difficulty jumps all over the place with most levels being relatively easy, and then a few that really make you think.  There is a mix of puzzle levels (have time to stop and think) and execution levels (requiring movement and timing of colour changes) but there did seem to be an over reliance of doing one side of the screen, then re-tracing steps to do the other side, then back, etc

2 or 3 really annoying rooms that take a while to move things around but are easy to die in, causing you to do it all again.  Those, and any level with ceiling spikes, can go away.

There was one room (put a picture in the puzzle head thread) which I don't think I solved correctly - at least I don't think I did, and that was by far the hardest level for me.  Going to watch a youtube vid on that one to see what I should have done.

No interest in going back to get all the flasks.

Definitely worth a play through if you like puzzle games.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Key question: do you like Ori?
  • Oh yes, I forgot to mention the answer to the single most important question in this thread.

I loved Ori but only until the end of the first escape sequence.  After that it got worse with rubbish trial and error escape sequences and strange difficulty spikes in some of the areas.

So I liked both and both had their annoying parts.

That doesn't help the ultimate question, does it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!