Retro Gaming
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yes, I remember unwrapping it for Christmas that year and pretending I wasn't bitterly disappointed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    TiL that Fantasia on MD was permanently pulled from stores mere weeks after going on sale.  Definitely goes on the 'how did I not know this?' list (along with lots of other well known things).  Plus I'm sure I saw it on shelves loads as a kid?  I borrowed it too iirc.
    I was thinking the same but maybe just the wall to wall marketing for the VHS release has mandela'd me. 
    I was also given that vid and never watched it.
  • I got the VHS and loved it, my brother hated it.
    We both hated Free Willy which we also got one Christmas.
  • I watched it a few years back with the kid when it was on tv at Christmas. It's a masterpiece really. But ten year old me was never going to bother with it.
  • Best unwanted VHS I ever heard of was a friend of mine whose step-grandad gave him Jesus of Nazareth part 2. 

There were three parts in total and he never received the others. A real fuck you of a Christmas present.
  • Lol. My worst was probably a compilation of Rising Damp episodes from my uncle when I was about 9. I'd spent a week round there and watched it twice because he basically had nothing else. Then I ended up unwrapping it for my birthday/Christmas months later, with a note saying something like 'I remember you liked this' iirc. It was his copy too - I'd chipped the cover when I dropped it while staying and the same bit was missing. Which made me wonder if he was trying to make a point about me not owning up to damaging it, or if he genuinely thought I liked Rising Damp.

He did get me Temple of Doom once though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fantasia on Megadrive is one of the worst platformers I have ever played. A real missed opportunity. A proper stinker.  Suffered it until I got to level 2 and then discovered it was more of same only even uglier looking. Sold as part of the "big game clearout" years ago.   Pretty sure I've seen the cart in the wild several times. Plenty on eBay.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Best unwanted VHS I ever heard of was a friend of mine whose step-grandad gave him Jesus of Nazareth part 2.  There were three parts in total and he never received the others. A real fuck you of a Christmas present.

prob. missed the "part 2".
  • I had a Transformers annual where they all started running out of batteries at the end. I think Optimus Prime might've died just before that too? A proper cliffhanger. Never found out what happened.
  • Had part one of an audiotape where Robin Hood possibly died too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Never got to read the concluding part of the first Judge Dredd Chopper/Phantom story - newsagent didn't get the delivery that week. I had booked a switch to a computer magazine the following week so that was it.

Still niggles.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wondering if I should get one. Either smoke or black. Can't decide.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They look pretty good.
  • Out of interest why do we want these? If they had one with a rechargeable battery mod I'd be all over it but for just a visual Upgrade for $16 I'm left cold.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Replacing damaged casings, or you like funky colours I guess.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Out of interest why do we want these? If they had one with a rechargeable battery mod I'd be all over it but for just a visual Upgrade for $16 I'm left cold.

I think someone did a VMU2 that is a complete root-and-branch re-do of it but it costs like a million pounds.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Out of interest why do we want these? If they had one with a rechargeable battery mod I'd be all over it but for just a visual Upgrade for $16 I'm left cold.

Heh. Yeah.  I have a few coloured ones - must take a picture.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fuck.....green cover is missing - I remember having it on my hand and putting it somewhere safe.....  

fBkIRzo.jpeg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Awesome picture.
    Eric wrote:
    Out of interest why do we want these?
    Replacing damaged casings.

The video uses one on a badly yellowed VMU.

I don't think US$16 is bad; you'd struggle to pick up a book for that. A cocktail in a nice bar'd cost you that.
  • Went into Cex in Eastbourne today, they had a massive selection of PSone games, about 50ish. All the cases looked immaculate, only one had a small crack. I reckon the bulk of them must have come from the same home. All decently priced as well, compared to eBay at least.

They also had a decent selection of Sega stuff, a much better stock of retro than the ones I frequent in South East London.

goldeneye-lead.jpg?w=1275
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I love going into a cex when I'm in a different town.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    The video uses one on a badly yellowed VMU. I don't think US$16 is bad; you'd struggle to pick up a book for that. A cocktail in a nice bar'd cost you that.

Was all set to pull the trigger, but then postage is another $20, and they won't post to Taiwan. FFS.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hate deal breaking postage.

Was looking for a part for my beard clippers that had broken. £5 but 20 odd quid for postage. Ended up getting a better clipper with more robust fittings.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Like when you buy a gig ticket, and it's a tenner to see the band, but the website wants double that for postage, and the same again in generic fees.

Nob right off.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Super RType released on Switch SNES collection.

I always forget how much I like that series.
  • Found my RG353M in the caravan. Much joy.
  • Weird you have a personalised reg plate.
  • I like reg as much as the next guy but having a commemorative plate is a bit much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!