Eurogamer Expo 2013. BnB get together after the show on Saturday 28th Three Kings pub.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A sequel.
  • Imagine if it wasn't though. Just imagine if for once in its fecking life it came out and surprised everyone.
  • items? rubber banding? was it the final build? could you snake?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Bayonetta 2 is more Bayonetta, so I guess that depends on how you feel about that particular thing. Seriously, the demo was just exactly the same as the first. A few weak enemies, dodging, torture attacks, big guy shows up, set piece battle. I mean, it's still tight as fuck and looks gorgeous, but there's no evolution there from just the demo, which I can imagine is going to be a big deal for anyone without a Wii U.

Dark Souls II is impossibly gorgeous. It's atmospheric and beautiful and still has that awesome attention to detail. Got Mirror Knight down to about 1/3rd HP and died :(

Lightning Returns looks like it might be good fun and I hate myself for liking it

Wind Waker HD is just so pretty. It looks like how you remember the original looking, which now looks totally dated.

Mirrormoon EP is amazing and I bought it as soon as I got in. It's kind of hipster pretentious fuck that I like.

Myriad is a twitch manic shooter with an interesting mechanic that is definitely worth keeping an eye on

New Sonic looks awful but then I've said that from day one so whatever.

Mario 3D world looks like the middle ground between Galaxy and 3D land, so YMMV.

That's about all I remember right now.

Sorry I missed you all. I had poor signal and after the commuting and going to the pub Friday night, by Saturday afternoon I was totally burned out and just went home.

x
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So what's it actually like to fight Mirror Knight?
  • He's huge and a heavy hitter. He'd rather be up close; you are safe at a distance as even some of his magic doesn't reach that far, but he's got a huge jump that can close the distance if needs be.

The rain and the thunder make it such an atmospheric fight, it was stunning.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    How did Titanfall play and look ?

@Kernowgaz Despite only running on 360 it looked pretty damn sweet and didn't even seem to have any trouble when there was huge amounts happening on screen, such as 3 or 4 mechs clashing with pilots running around too. I'd love to see it running on Xbone.

It also played really well. The basic running and gunning was (probably unsurprisingly) familiar to anyone that played the first modern warfare, in both design and quality, but with a slight futurist twist on some of the weapons. The real highlight was the wall running and double jump abilities which mean the maps become much more vertical and open up more options for attacking/retreating.

It took me a little while to get used to it but I saw others pulling off some great moves and the system seems incredibly fluid and flexible. The maps, or at least the one demoed, was designed so that you can traverse from one side to the other without touching the ground.

The mechs were also great, and again more time using them is needed to really make the most of it but the three types available had quite different weapons with abilities/powers so hopefully there might even be room for some customisation in the final build. HYPE.
  • Thanks to everyone who snapped / shouted about the MD print om Twitter - much appreciated!
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:

I told you already... They'll have no trouble telling us apart. : P
    That t-shirt is class... I prefer the Ryu one to the Ken one... Fullspec should look on that one.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I told you already... They'll have no trouble telling us apart. : P

DUDE! We could be twins! How could you not see it?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • lol, having met you both.. thats lol. 

Umm KI boys? No one mentioning KI?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • There was a massive queue, never got a chance to play it, only Dead Rising.
    To be honest, the queueing for the over 18 games at both booths was fucking awful. However, Sony got the rest of the games right by having plenty of open spaces and demo pods once you were in the area.
    If I wanted to play an XB1 game I had to make sure I set aside at least 1 hour to queue.

Also helped that Globe got us into the PS4 area sharpish.
  • Eurogamer Game of the Show was dun dun dunnnnnnnn Titanfall, for those interested who may have also voted.

The Top 10 is here, which makes for incredibly predictable reading.

Was hoping Rocksmith 2014 might have gotten a better look in. Improvements made to that game over the original were outstanding.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Surprised Ass creed 4 was in there, but, then again, it got a shit load of floor space.
  • Did any of you get to hold the DS4 controller?
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    Did any of you get to hold the DS4 controller?

Yes
  • Ah I missed that post, cheers mate.  So is the DS4 a lot bigger than the DS3?  Is it far more comfortable?
  • It's not that much bigger at all. In fact it's about the same size and everything can be reached easily, including the touchpad.
    It's handles are much nicer in the palm, and the thing feels refreshingly solid. It's a stark improvement over the DS3, especially the triggers.
  • Fantastic thanks again Sas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!