Eurogamer Expo 2013. BnB get together after the show on Saturday 28th Three Kings pub.
  • That's a decent write up Sas.

The only extras I can add to that are

Velocity 2X - more of the same but they've added platform sections which were kind of shit.

Rocksmith 2014. Huge improvement. Interface much tidier, difficult can be changed on the fly. There's also a very cool mode that asks you to play within a certain scale and the games "band" will adapt and play along with you. Only played that for 3-4 minutes but it seemed cool. Definite purchase.

That Arkham game on the Vita was absolute pants too
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Shinji wrote:
    Velocity 2X - more of the same but they've added platform sections which were kind of shit.

That Arkham game on the Vita was absolute pants too

True and true again. Don't forget that you met Leigh Alexander.

For me this may be my favorite year.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • That was very cool, she was very nice. Didn't just meet, got to play board games with her too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sas, Shinji, Dynamite: a pleasure
    Cosby, Bollo: tolerable
  • I've once again badgered (hoho) my mate Paul to sign up here. Whether he'll listen to me this time is the thing....
  • Forgot to mention that we also played Ninja Gaiden Yaiba.
    It's brash, it's funny, but it's not all that fun. It's got 6/10 and poor sales written all over it.
  • Yeah I forgot about that too. Says it all really
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Sas, Shinji, Dynamite: a pleasure
    Cosby, Bollo: tolerable
    Indeed. I will say that you were all pleasurably tolerable
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    It were a great day indeed. Really good to meet you guys and see the others again. That fish gave me some trouble in the early hours though!

Titanfall was the highlight of the show for me, even though it was disappointing to see it running on 360. I was very impressed with PS4 too which is making me rethink my next gen purchase. Again. Octodad is clearly a console seller!
  • Pictures that I took

PS4 and its children
    15d157a4b9ecde2b198cc20ba76a3fd5_zpsce57a66c.jpg

One of the DS4s up close
    9b243c107499ec3fd2c56d22a3f2a226_zpsa2a9f7ad.jpg

The XBox One area
    06d48a7e532f4919c0722291a7d93c85_zps18a1a12a.jpg

The massive beast that is an Xbox One
    9d20846bffe50c3eb21f71d0f6a91924_zps0cc7ce71.jpg

A car that they had over by Forza
    2d3b307c66f6fb9cc20dc3756c771968_zpsbe710866.jpg

Dredd exerting his authority on some zombies
    29c8502323bb636d77631dd799bedb60_zps99511400.jpg
  • Man, I would have liked to have gone to this and hung out with you guys again (and meet the ones I haven't before).
    Anyone get any photos?

Edit: Spoke too soon. Or is that late?
  • So the xbox is massive, how does it compare to the ps4?
  • Cosby wrote:
    It were a great day indeed. Really good to meet you guys and see the others again. That fish gave me some trouble in the early hours though! Titanfall was the highlight of the show for me, even though it was disappointing to see it running on 360. I was very impressed with PS4 too which is making me rethink my next gen purchase. Again. Octodad is clearly a console seller!

How did Titanfall play and look ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • So the xbox is massive, how does it compare to the ps4?

The PS4 is definitely slightly longer, but shorter and not as wide.
  • Are Microsoft scared of over heatingand another rrod , hence the larger fan and external power supply ? Also could they overclock it and know it can still be kept cool ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • There was rumour that MS were having issues keeping the demo units cool and that they were having to do restarts every 2 hours to prevent overheating. Truth be told I saw no evidence of such a thing. I'd say a lot of the space in the XB1 is going to be just that, space. It'll allow the air to circulate better and as a result keep the console cooler. The fact that the area above the fan is a vent to allow air in is a good move as it'll make that huge fan more efficient.
  • Hey guys thanks for making me feel welcome yesterday at the meet up. What a top bunch of geezers!! Woke this morning with the knees and ankles of a 90 yr old man!! TOP DAY OUT.
  • Welcome to the forum ya bum!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

Sas, Shinji, Dynamite: a pleasure Cosby, Bollo: tolerable

Haha! Co-signed! The Cosby and Bollo bit excepted, I thought you were all safe! ^_^

Also...

mellyman10 wrote:
    Hey guys thanks for making me feel welcome yesterday at the meet up. What a top bunch of geezers!! Woke this morning with the knees and ankles of a 90 yr old man!! TOP DAY OUT.

Heh! So you signed up then?

Welcome! : )

First thing you'll need to do, is think of a high flown, game related topic, and start a new thread...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Before starting a thread always check the carefully curated game index and never ask 'are games art?'
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    A tolerant night was had with you all. Love ya. Was pretty good hearing everything about Eurogamer to boot.
  • Sasukekun wrote:

I have 2 regrets. Globe is a great bloke. He did a lot for us and gave us some really good insight into the PS4 and Sony plans. I wish he could have come for drinks, but he wasn't able to make it. I hope to see him at a London meet one day as I really enjoyed talking to him.

Aww shucks thanks man. Was bloody nice to help you out and pass on the love.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    never ask 'are games art?'

This will result in an insta-ban. Because clearly the answer is 'yes'.
    The janitor.
  • Went on Saturday and to be honest got fed up of queuing for games I'm going to buy anyway, next year I'm probably gonna get more involved in tourneys and battling and stuff. Spent a good chunk of the day in the retro/arcade bit playing SFIV. They only had 4 pads for Saturn bomberman which was terrible news, they had 10 last year.

Anyway:

Castlevania LOS 2 seemed pretty good, as did Mario Kart 8. I've pretty much been non-plussed by every home console MK since the SNES, this though, felt more like the DS ones with the tight handling and limited pick ups. High hopes for this.

MArio 3D land didn't impress, felt like the usual 4 player mario clusterfucks.

Mainly had fun in the retro section. Didn't see any next gen because I don't care currently.
  • Did you play any PS4 Doggy?
  • Nah honestly didn't have time, 1hr queue for MK, plus I wanted to checkout the retro section, my girlfriends son became addicted to Psycho Fox on the master system so I played street fighter IV/Alpha and bomber man for ages.
  • :( Not sure if he could, but Globe managed to get me, my mate, Cosby and Shinji into the PS4 section without queuing on Saturday. The guy was/is a legend, and, as a Sony rep he did his job brilliantly, as now I'm struggling to convince myself I can wait til the new year to get a PS4 and Cosby is questioning which machine he's getting first.
    Master salesman that one!
  • Well. My feet hurt. 

Slightly underwhelmed by all things next gen, as I suspected I would be - smoother frame rate and shiny shine graphics. Knack was better than I was expecting, Drive Clubs competitiveness is cool, Titanfall was very fast paced. 64 player Battlefield was good fun, Forza 5's rumbling triggers felt odd and off putting... I'll be sticking with the current gen for the time being as I have plenty left to get through.

Nintendo stand was busy, I played Mario Kart 8, Mario 3d and Zelda 3ds. All were ok, Mario 3d world is very much like Mario Land, but I suspect the emphasis on multiplayer will have a negative impact on the quality of the single player. Wind Waker, as everybody knows, is proper gorgeous.

The queue for Oculus Rift was painful, think I waited around 80 mins. I had the mech shooter game and it was everything I was expecting. Flying up, looking down and falling was a proper head rush (genuinely thought I was going to fall off my stool). Its so immersive, not too sure I could play a game like it all the time but it was a very impressive experience. The visual quality could have room for improvement - way too much motion blur going on - maybe this was a fault of the game rather than the headset?
  • From what I read the headsets are not the final tech with the rift. They are aiming for higher resolution and better screens in the future. The tales I've heard of Oculus horror games has me excited.
  • How was mk8?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!