SimCity. + Anno, Tropico and other Omnishambles
  • I_R wrote:
    You need an internet connection though, that's what I mean. You'd be taking more of a risk selling something that needs always on-line to console gamers.
    Well really, with the crippling bugs some console games come with these days you already need an online connection for consoles.

I miss the old days when games were finished before they shipped...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Oh Rob.

The 'article' John links to on CVG (penned by Mr Crossley) is quite frankly staggering.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395899/interviews/simcity-interview-lucy-bradshaw-reflects-on-a-disaster-launch/
  • Pitiful "interview" aside, she says as far she is concerned, the servers will stay on as long as people are playing.

Admit it EA, 3 years max ;-)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    CVG being as shit as ever.
  • Games TM gave sim city a glowing 8/10 review as well, calling it a masterpiece.

The funny thing is all this sim city talk makes me want to play an older one.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm going to try and hope they resolve most of this broad catastrophe eventually, and then I'm in.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There was an update waiting for me last night and whilst far from fixing everything..things did suddenly feel much snappier. I could buy/sell resources properly and my Great Work suddenly sprang into life. Traffic *seemed* to be behaving more sensibly as well but I think I might be imagining that.

There's still plenty of "why does it do it like that?" knocking about though. So I wouldn't recommend jumping in just yet.
  • Hopefully they'll offer an older version of SC as the free game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Hopefully they'll offer an older version of SC as the free game.

Any one of these...

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
    Bejeweled 3
    Dead Space 3 Standard Edition)
    Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
    Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
    Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
    Plants vs. Zombies
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

What's in the SC Deluxe Edition?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Fuck all afaik. Honestly, don't pick it if they do offer it.
  • That's not a bad offering, actually.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, is that actually the offer? I thought it was wishful thinking. How do I redeem it?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Although depressingly the only one I don't have is Medal of cocking Honor
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Oh, is that actually the offer? I thought it was wishful thinking. How do I redeem it?

Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties at launch and hope to make it up to you with a free PC game download from Origin.

Starting today, every player that has activated their copy of SimCity will receive an email that will give directions on how to redeem this offer, and you can also find more information on our FAQ. We’ll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 22. We don’t want any of you to miss out on your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PDT.

At Maxis, our studio values dictate that we innovate and create something that is quirky, complex and challenging. Sometimes this bites us in the butt, but our servers are green and we’re seeing record numbers of players all online and having a great time.

Here is the list of games that you will be able to choose from once you are able to redeem. It’s a great list of games across the whole EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
    Bejeweled 3
    Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
    Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
    Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
    Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
    Plants vs. Zombies
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
    We’re getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and exploring this whole new expression of SimCity. We’re humbled by your patience and passion for the game. Thanks for building something very special with us, together.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    How do I redeem it?
    First, go to your local EA service centre. Yes, yes they do exist. Next you have to go to the complaints department. It's in the cellar. The stairs are gone and so are the lights, but you'll find it if you persevere. Then you need to fill out form 17B (NOT 17b). Where are the forms? They're in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying BEWARE OF THE LEOPARD.

Once you've done all that, send the form off to EA HQ. They'll get back in touch with a download key for Origin.

Probably.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oh Christ, I've just spent the last three hours filling out form l7B. GOD DAMNIT.
  • I love the idea of offering the deluxe edition of a broken game to make up for the game being broken.

It's just as broken but there is more of it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You've got a bit confuzzled there. SimCity 4 is the old/last game.
  • Yes, yes I have, yet somehow that is even worse.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    You've got a bit confuzzled there. SimCity 4 is the old/last game.
    I think that's my mind made up then, unfortunately I was in the same boat as you in that I have most of the others with the exception of MoH...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dead Space 3 or Battlefield? Debating the latter for the shinies.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also lol if you select plants vs zombies
  • Mod74 wrote:
    How do I redeem it?
    First, go to your local EA service centre. Yes, yes they do exist. Next you have to go to the complaints department. It's in the cellar. The stairs are gone and so are the lights, but you'll find it if you persevere. Then you need to fill out form 17B (NOT 17b). Where are the forms? They're in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying BEWARE OF THE LEOPARD. Once you've done all that, send the form off to EA HQ. They'll get back in touch with a download key for Origin. Probably.

Don't forget to not panic!

Hopefully I'll be able to redeem this despite my dodgy Indian copy of the game. No doubt the aforementioned EA service centre is over there anyway.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's a shit list. They can stick it up their arse. I'll be fucking damned if I'm forced to get BF3 again.
  • Is SimCity 4 an admission of sorts?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You get plants versus fucking zombies or bejewelled. Bejesus.

DS 3 or ME 3 though, fair enough.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    2k7BP_zps209ec2b9.jpg

Has someone died?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I really can't decide

ME3 - Got. God that ending
    NFS - Got. Pony
    DS3 - Too scary
    MOH - Shit
    PvZ - Got
    SC4 - Got
    BF3 - Got
    BJ3 - Can't do them.
  • email them with your own suggestion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!