Gameboy
  • And yeah. It's one of the most atmospheric and magical games. The story is so mysterious and.... Dunno. Ephemeral and other big words.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Always thought the owl would turn on you.
  • I dug my GBC out last week. David O'Leary's Bloody Total Soccer and Pokemon Blue are all the carts I've found so far (my filing system is basically a load of boxes of crap seemingly wilfully hidden around the house in obscure places)
  • My NES styled GBA is in my pocket right now though. Getting in some AW while at a kids party.
  • Bubble Ghost was a good puzzle game.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is probably the best Mario game on the GB.

Mario's Picross was good too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My wife played Picross to death on GB - beat everything it had to offer. She also completed another puzzle game called Splitz which was based on a tile sliding picture puzzle mechanic but it was really hard as your moves were limited by a particular ruleset - I didn't get past level 2.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I can remember holding the box all the way home from the shop. Looking at it over and over again. Then when I finally got to play it I dont think I put it down. I would hide under my sheets and play all night. 

One of the best games I've ever played.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Who is fronkhead and why does he speak sense?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    He is new. It will soon pass.
  • I was meant to quote there... speaking about Zelda.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Guessed that. Picross is good but not THAT good.
  • I like him. Just read other stuff. Also made sense.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Thanks for the kind words. I rarely receive words of praise so I'm really humbled by this.

I hope it doesn't pass, my fear is I won't be able to dedicate much time to the forum in busier times.

On the topic of Picross I've always been a bit rubbish at it: too lazy to properly figure out some of the solutions so I end up only getting so far and giving up. I thought the spin HAL Laboratory put on DS's Picross 3D made for a refreshing change of pace, though.
  • Just look at that DMG style front lit Gameboy Color. I want it.

http://rosecoloredgaming.com/gameboy-color.html

PSN - minkymu
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Just look at that DMG style front lit Gameboy Color.

I discovered them on Twitter recently, they make some lovely stuff.

Ah, the GBC. I remember getting mine and thinking we lived in the goddamn future. "It's got an infra-red port?! That's like a TV remote. Wow!"
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Loved mine. When it was launched i met Shigsy at a trade show in London. He was just strolling about the place not being noticed by most.

I Bought a purple one at launch. Loved it. But then GBA blew me away and i sidelined it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I need to dig mine out at some point, it just isn't the same playing GB/GBC games on 3DS virtual console. I guess the GBA SP will suffice though as far as a quasi-authentic GB experience goes, didn't Nintendo build the GBC's CPU into it for backwards compat?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They should make New 3DS like everything back compatible. GB, GBC, GBA, DS, ...

They obviously won't cos of the eStore, but it'd be the one way I might upgrade.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    They should make New 3DS like everything back compatible. GB, GBC, GBA, DS, ... They obviously won't because it'd be a multi-port monstrosity, ugly enough to cause a brain haemorrhage in anyone that was unlucky enough to set eyes upon it.

FTFY.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I got my GBC while on holiday in florida.
    My mate who had SKY kept banging on about Pokemon which had just started airing here at the time. He kept saying how he was definitely getting both red and blue when they are released.

I took my OG Gameboy out with me for the long journeys and while in Walmart thought I would pick up Pokemon Blue. Could not put it down after that. I still had money left towards the end of the holiday so thought I would get a GBC to make the most of the game.

TL:DR
    Spolit kid gets GBC and ignores Disney World.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    TL:DR Spolit kid gets GBC and ignores Disney World.

I did pretty much the same, we went to New England and I spent more time playing Pokemon than I did looking at the scenery. Annoyed my dad no end.
  • Does it make the rich kid story worse if I say it was my 3rd out of 5 trips to Florida?

to be fair, at the time my Dad got one free flight anywhere Monarch flew for each family member as a company perk, as that was the best place co-workers bought villas. So free flights, mates rates villa, dollar to pound and info on where to get cheap tickets made a fortnight in Florida cheaper than a week in Devon
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    They should make New 3DS like everything back compatible. GB, GBC, GBA, DS, ... They obviously won't because it'd be a multi-port monstrosity, ugly enough to cause a brain haemorrhage in anyone that was unlucky enough to set eyes upon it.

FTFY.

If the ds could hold gba games the slot of which could hold gb and gbc games then I see no reason why it couldn't work.
  • Initially, I was thinking little flip out socket skeleton, but an adapter that copies carts onto internal memory might be better.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Does it make the rich kid story worse if I say it was my 3rd out of 5 trips to Florida?

Yes. I got my copy of Pokemon on my first trip to the US. I had to walk there, in no shoes, up hill both ways, in the snow. ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!