Gameboy
  • Can you still get multi game carts?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Super RC Pro AM, Rare on form. If they were called Rare at that time.
  • I found mine not too long ago actually, strangely its back was missing too....
  • Metroid 2. How could I forget. Awesome game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A second vote for Gargoyles Quest. I downloaded the Gameboy Castlevania on 3DS. Used to love it. It's shit. Avoid.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I just found a Gameboy colour I forgot I had.....switched it on and it still works with whatever batteries were in there!! Tetris was in the slot. This has been lying around for at least 5 years.

I really wish it was backlit though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I remember playing a really good R-Type on my gameboy, oh and Castlevania..... something, was great too.
  • Surely not the same Castlevania that's available on 3DS store?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It got a good version of Picross as well. Wifey completed that which is high praise for any game.
  • Surely not the same Castlevania that's available on 3DS store?

Found it on youtube, Castlevania 2: Belmonts revenge, not sure if that's the one on the 3ds store.
    It may not look like much now, but my really young self enjoyed it immensely.
  • Nah, I was talking about the first one on Gameboy.
  • The first gba's looks awful nowadays when you play on them. The colours are barely visible.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • yep. i thought it was a better thing to hold than the sp.
  • The micro is still a thing of beauty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Is the micro screen backlit?

• Yes. Bright too when on full
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

yum- always fancied one. I have an SP - I actually bought it purely to play Pacman Vs with the family.
  • I really wish I'd bought a micro when they first fell out of favour and they were dirt dirt cheap. Maybe one day I'll get one.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • I got mine for about 35 on eBay.
  • My wife (girlfriend at the time) got mine for me for my birthday in.... 2004, was it?? I've put away all my other GB iterations in the loft, but kept the micro out in case I get time to play again!
  • Am I imagining things or was there a version of Killer Instinct on the gb?
  • I had it! Probably still have somewhere.  Played ok too.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Ha cheers! I couldn't figure if it was just something that popped into my head or not, bloody loved me a bit of KI!
  • It was gash :/ almost all beat em ups were shit on the gb :(

Didn't some get a stripped back version of sf2 on it with four characters or something?

• Street fighter alpha on the gbc was apparently good.

Killer instinct was only missing a couple of characters iirc.
  • I quite enjoyed Qix, TMNT/2 and which haven't been mentioned.

My fav GB game was probably Wario Land.

Golf was amazing too.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Link's Awakening is probably my favourite GB game, it's still incredible to think they pulled it off given the constraints of the hardware.

That aside, it's by far the most interesting side story Zelda, and its atmosphere and general narrative still make me feel sad inside.

Donkey Kong '94 and Wario Lands 2 and 3 are among my favourites too, and Pokémon which was always going to be an obvious vote.

I need to finish Mole Mania one day.
  • Yeah, Links Awakening is great. I still remember the day I got it. Went to town after school. Was feeling under the weather, but got on bus anyway. SchoolBag shoulder strap broke on bus so I had to carry it. Was a hot day, I think. 

And then I had a whole week off sick from school, mostly spent in bed but obviously had time for Zelda!! :)
    Always have time for Zelda. 

Missed a vital coursework during that week for maths that my teacher forgot I had missed. Come year 11, he noticed. And did the coursework for me by making up statistics and writing crap in 20 minutes!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!