regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm about to get a haircut but I'm not sending pictures either way as lockdown has increased Reg size. Not massively, but to the extent I don't want to post pictures.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Edit: he’s not Polish.

Just a Joe Dirt fan?

Had to Google that and wow.

If he goes that far, I might have to transfer him into a different team.
  • There is a police warrant oot for my sideys jfc

pZ6gg8i.jpg

Frantically searching reputable barbers booking lists for a slot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You literally look like a guy I went to High School with who is an actual trucker now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The shitlord hat maybe emphasises it
  • I need to watch Deliverence again.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'm delivering nothing I'm a porter fs
  • It will be interesting to see what appears next week when all the barbers have opened up.

I really dont care what it is as long as fades go out of fashion. I fucking hate sitting for an hour waiting for a white kid with blonde hair to get a fade you cant even see.
  • Should book an appointment then.
  • And kick off if it doesn't start on time.
  • Best not to kick off right before someone is about to cut your hair.
  • As I have learned over the years.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s true. Originally he was called cougarsgogrrr until a pissed off barber forced a name change.
  • Mullets big with the teens down this way. I keep threatening to cut minutes, but I'd not be able to field a fucking team.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 5 years of working with barbers has given me a pretty good understanding of the key things to avoid if you don't want to become one of the annoying or problem customers, not just in the eyes of whoever cuts your hair at the time, but to everyone who works there, because they do share all this info with each other and you will get roasted behind the scenes. So:

- Don't ask how long they will be when they are anything less than 15 minutes behind. naturally there are situations that warrant it, but don't be that guy who is known for doing it
    - following from the above point, if you must check your watch while waiting, don't do it in an exaggerated or overblown fashion to try and draw attention to the inconvenience you are facing
    - don't ever talk about property portfolios, second homes, how cheap the rent is one your fancy house/apartment, or anything that seems like a financial flex
    - don't ever pick up or touch their tools
    - when the cut has just started, don't lean forwards, forcing them to stop, turn your head sideways and start inspecting the work in the mirror with a look that says 'are you sure you know what you're doing?' across your face
    - don't ask for a scissor cut fade
    - while not ideal, asking to take off more length nearer the end of the allocated time slot is fine. But don't ever do it twice. 
    - Picture the scene. You've arrived late, and the barber says he can't fit you in. Definitely don't try to liken it to the time you had to wait even longer for the barber to finish. The situations don't compare.
    - following from the above scenario, don't then argue that your haircut 'only takes a few minutes' in an attempt to convince them. this also applies when you try to schedule a walk-in appt
    - never complain about any of their co-workers. maybe you didn't like your previous cut by someone else the last time, and that's fine, but def don't start making statements about how 'the last guy didn't have any idea what he was doing'. 
    - don't fuck around on your phone during the cut
    - when told you're next in the chair, head straight over. if you're in a phone call, end it immediately. few things piss off staff faster than a customer choosing to hold things up
    - keep in mind lots of barbers will get a bonus dependent on how busy they are. So a fully booked barber might get £3 per hour more for that day than they would when a single slot is remains untaken. So if you cancel at the last minute they will see that as money out their pocket. Obviously this can't be helped sometimes, but when it happens more than once they won't forget it. 
    - don't complain about whatever music they are playing
    - try not to be that one annoying cunt customer who always has to stand out from the crowd; making brash conversation points for the wider room
    - don't be that weird customer who takes the first appointment of the day and always turns up half an hour early and loiters outside
    - if you ask for an appointment, and are told there are none available, definitely don't ask 'but what about that guy? he looks free'
    - if you are booked in for one service, don't beg to change it to a longer one when told the timetable doesn't accommodate it
    - don't be that guy who repeatedly says he wanted to tip but forgot to bring extra cash. better not to tip at all than pretend it was your intention. 

The below points are understandable, but you will win some bonus favour by:

- considering which conversations they have already had 100 times that week and avoiding it 
    - not asking them to cut the hair of a baby
    - avoid saying 'I'd like my hair short, but not too short' when asked how you want your hair. 
    - tipping, especially if the appt  took longer than expected
  • One more, it's really annoying when you want to wait in the shop while the staff on still on lunch hour
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The below points are understandable, but you will win some bonus favour by:

- considering which conversations they have already had 100 times that week and avoiding it 

Does this still work if you avoid all conversation that isn’t standard pleasantries or directly related to your actual haircut?
  • I generally let the barber lead any conversation. I'll be polite and have small chit chat but I will let them lead the choice of topic as they must've heard anything I might bring up a hundred times already. 
    Having said that I quite like the clipper cut my wife does now so I can't imagine I'll bother going back to a barber.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I generally lead with a discussion of Poles and their bloody mullets.
  • nobody has strong opinions about the quiet customers. overtly standing out invites a much broader scope of opinion, and most of the time it isn't positive.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Good news. I’ll stick to my policy of saying little and tipping well.
  • I find hairdressers to be dull and if they even attempt to engage in conversation I sneer at them and whisper 'focus on the fade, for fuck's sake' before continuing to pretend to sleep and get slightly aroused when they touch my head.
  • I never get my cock out though, nomatter how often they touch my head.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But that’s what that gown thing is there for.
  • I normally have a bit of a chat with my barbers. Join in with their chatter as well. The place I go to is quite sociable. In the past I have avoided conversation but this place is different.

I always, always tip. It is a horrifically under paid profession considering it requires genuine skill and there is no Ctrl Z. My place charges £11, £13 on a Saturday which is frankly ridiculously cheap for the standard of cut they do. I normally give them £20.
  • I tip too, but I’m not sure I agree about it being an underpaid profession. How much do you think is being declared when it’s cash through the tills only?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think I've ever booked a barbers. It's that a thing?
  • I’d say if they take bookings, they’re a hairdressers. Not a barbers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That works for me as a definition

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!