Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Does that mean I wont get the Outrun track?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Does that mean I wont get the Outrun track?

I got it and I bought it from HMV (in-store). No fancy packaging as far as I could see.
  • I have only seen the LE version for sale so far, I guess the standard version will be the second wave of prints. So yeah if you get it now you will get the track and metal sonic.

To be sure the LE has 'Limited Edition' written across it and has a shiny foil cover.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Man, was I not paying attention!
  • Not so 'limited' then I guess?
  • Lol, yeah pretty much.
    At least they aren't asking a premium price for taking out content at launch.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Hasn't a B&Ber worked on this? WHERE ARE THE TRANSPARENT PNGS MYSTERY DUDE?!?!?!?!?!
    Me?

Anyhoo, obviously good to hear positives, I'll (hopefully) look forward to hearing some good tales of future online get togethers (alas i donated my copy to a community group, so i can't join in, and after 2 years it's nice to play something else for a change)
  • Hasn't a B&Ber worked on this? WHERE ARE THE TRANSPARENT PNGS MYSTERY DUDE?!?!?!?!?!
    Me? Anyhoo, obviously good to hear positives, I'll (hopefully) look forward to hearing some good tales of future online get togethers (alas i donated my copy to a community group, so i can't join in, and after 2 years it's nice to play something else for a change)

You worked on the game?

Wow, that's awesome! Had no idea Sumo were UK based (just checked). 

Shame you gave away your copy - would have enjoyed hearing all about it over some MP :) 
    Either way, really looking forward to playing it now.
  • Hey, the EDGE review is up!
  • Hmmm. They seem to have the same thoughts as me on the non-land bits. Hmmm.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hmmm. They seem to have the same thoughts as me on the non-land bits. Hmmm.

I actually got that from watching the vids too. The boats especially look a little bit... off.

Still, I'm guessing it's mostly kart-based.

Sides, flying around in a Nights-level - that's gotta be good!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hmmm. They seem to have the same thoughts as me on the non-land bits. Hmmm.

The boat bits I agree with but the plane bits are great fun once you get the hang of it. IMO of course.

I would say the boats feature the least. Planes and karts are about 50/50 but it depends on the track, not surprisingly Panzer Dragoon and After Burner are heavy on planes.
  • Gggrrrrrr wanted to finish this tonight but we keep having mini power cuts that last a split second but long enough to turn my Xbox off.
  • Well I have this now , but as the little mans teething quite badly I'm going to bed . If its anything like last night - I won't be playing tomorrow night either
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah, plane bit in demo handled well enough, but I felt it should be shooting rather than racing as soon as I started flying! Restricting the flying would've helped, and at times on flying and boating I couldn't tell which way to go or what the race line was. Could've just been that track on the demo though. 

Road was great though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This game is un-completable, stuff just keeps unlocking lol.

I am a fair way in now and saw the credit roll. Still absolutely loads to do mind, honestly think I could get about 20 hours out of just the SP.
  • Loving this.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • JRPC wrote:
    You worked on the game? Wow, that's awesome! Had no idea Sumo were UK based (just checked).  Shame you gave away your copy - would have enjoyed hearing all about it over some MP :)  Either way, really looking forward to playing it now.

If i had kept hold of it, I would have been playing on PS3, and from the sounds of twitter it seemed most people were opting for X360 for multiplaying (apart from regmcnintendofanboyfly) so i'd probably not have been able to join in (i cant justify a gold sub with the amount of free time i have)
    This game is un-completable, stuff just keeps unlocking lol.
    Have you opened up 4star/expert difficulty yet?

someone posted this on the Sega forums which tickled us somewhat
    mariovssonic.jpg
  • Haha, yeah that pic pretty much sums it up really.

Yeah just unlocked the 4 star difficulty. Got a couple, the drift ones seem quite reasonable although Ring race is painfully hard lol.

My only real criticism is the 'Pursuit' (think it's pursuit, the ones with the tank) events don't really work, going slowly, almost to a crawl makes them extremely easy on any difficulty. Perhaps if the tank had regenerating health or there was a time limit it would have stopped this little exploit.
  • Most people probably are on 360 random, but I'm on PS3 and I think revel is too. There was someone on my fl playing this at the weekend, but I cannot remember who it was. Perhaps a note in the opening post showing who has which format would be helpful.
    Where are you Nexx?
  • I only started it last night.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I ordered it for 360 but as of yesterday it still hadn't arrived.
  • Anyone know the price in store at Asda?
    I'm going to my local on Saturday and if it's £25 I'll just grab it in there rather than order it.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Its 20 in asda. 23 in Tesco. It was sold out in asda like.
  • Mine was £25 in Asda.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Brillo
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I ordered from amazon for £25 and trialled a months free prime and came next day . 

Just had a quick blast , the after burner track is mental !
  • There is a cool ring race challenge where you fly through the aircraft carrier too.
    I think that is my favourite track.
  • So it came!

Just had a quick blast. Seems lovely!
  • JRPC wrote:
    So it came! Just had a quick blast. Seems lovely!

I'll add you ! And you liveinadive !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!