Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've just played the demo. I can't see the appeal.
  • So my order's now in.

Hopefully get some B&B MP on the go this week then - if I can prise Halo 4 out of the tray.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Im off to asda to get this then.
    Two racing games this month?

I'm.gaming again I guess.. :D
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • JRPC wrote:
    Why so cheap i wonder?

Competition within it's launch window. I dare say a lot of people wouldn't have bothered at £35 when there are so many other titles out at the mo, but £25 is a great price and really what the game is worth. More pricing of games like this is a positive thing, after all they have already developed the game (the brunt of the costs) it's better now to sell loads of copies that cost pennies to produce than to sell a few at top dollaroo.

What checkpoint time trail was on the demo? Was it the plane only one on the Sonic level?

I have been going through on B grade and it is challenging, getting full A grades is going to be bloody hard, a nice change of pace for a karting game.
  • It's the boat on the Golden Axe level.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Ah. Not played that yet and I am about half way through the career kinda thing so it must be at least a later challenge.
  • Ah. Not played that yet and I am about half way through the career kinda thing so it must be at least a later challenge.

Any autolog-style friends leaderboards in there?

Loves me some leaderboards.
  • Got this tescos. :D:D:D:D.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Sorry Jrpc I've not delved into that side of things yet. I've only been in the career mode which doesn't even show lap times after the race.

I will have a go on the other modes and report back soon
  • Amazon fucked up so I didn't get this yesterday :(
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Amazed people still use Amazon for 'guaranteed' deliveries.
  • I've used amazon today £24.99 and £2 off next purchase off an mp3 album - got prime free for a month , so tomorrow it is - hopefully
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I paid for first class postage from Amazon, expected delivery date is also tomorrow.  Got it delivered to work, so it might turn up in the second post.
  • I loved the race in the demo but I then hated that boost race...Is the whole game going to be a mixture of great racing with middling challenge races?!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • So kinda wobbling on a cancellation right now.

Somebody tell me I need this game!
  • The career mode is yes. There are multiple routes where you can choose which event to do, a bit like how you select levels in Mario games.

So far I haven't failed a boost or drift challenge on B grade and passed the checkpoint challenges after picking a better suited character.

There is a more traditional GP mode but it seems like most stuff is unlocked doing the career mode.
  • But surely it's the online not sp everyone wants ! Especially as it sounds as good as Mario kart , if not better and don't forget it's only £25

Splash on JRPC !!!!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The career mode is yes. There are multiple routes where you can choose which event to do, a bit like how you select levels in Mario games.

So far I haven't failed a boost or drift challenge on B grade and passed the checkpoint challenges after picking a better suited character.

There is a more traditional GP mode but it seems like most stuff is unlocked doing the career mode.

I didn't think about the different characters, would probably make it seem easier if you chose a character with better handling.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Definitely.
    There are also'mod' things which appear to be different stat weightings for each character, for example a handling mod would make a characters handling better at the expense of something else.

Metal Sonic comes with a full 'mod pack' so he can he used for pretty much any race type or player preference.

there's loads to this game so not clued up totally yet, plus it gives me n64 type headaches after a couple of hours so my time with it has been limited a bit.
  • JRPC: You need to to experience first hand this awesome secret character/homage many reviews are alluding to (can we spoiler any talk of its identity in here please?  I want to find this one out myself). 

Also, you're guaranteed not to come last in potential B&B online sessions as I'm woefully bad at kart racing games, and never play Mario Kart on anything higher than 50cc.
  • Oh who am I kidding?

Bring it on!

Can hardly think of a better fit some some B&B MP action.
  • As good as, if not better than, Mario Kart???!?! That's some high praise indeed. I'ma download the 360 demo now and play a bit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Reviews are a bit thin on the ground.

Hope EDGE get around to it.

The feeling I'm getting from the one's I've read is that there's more of an arcade-racer influence here, which is exactly where there genre should be headed.

I think EG talked about Blur as a reference point, which is a pretty awesome
  • Gah, I wasn't planning on this. Maybe a Christmas present.
  • Gah, I wasn't planning on this. Maybe a Christmas present.

Only £25 pretty much everywhere...?
  • K just did the grade B golden axe boost challenge first attempt. Dunno if the demo version is slightly different.

It is in world 5 of 6 on the career mode so I would think of it as one of the harder challenges that would need some time put into the game to finish first go.

God knows why they put such a tricky challenge on the demo.
  • Mrs Prime let slip she HAS bought me this game for Xmas.

She wasn't open to my idea of me having it now, though :-(
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I have this on PS3, but I haven't played it yet. Looking forward to some online shenanigans.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    C'mon Sumo. Hopefully this'l get em commission to make Outrun 3.
  • Hmmm. A couple of goes on demo and it doesn't feel like its quite as good as MK. But it does play alright. I will wait to see what Edge and other critics say about it. 

Loved the Panzer Dragoon stage and music though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!