Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • Was the ending of MGS4 not intentionaly bat-shit insane to sort of draw a line uner it all?

The end of that game is just all kinds of silly and to go back and make a new game and say "yes, all that is canon and we're going to make more games with that as the actual story" seems ridiculous.

It's almost like Hideo made it as mad as it is to try and kill it off, but it didn't work.

So now we've got horribly disfigured men as antagonists to try and one up electric suits, vampires and possesion by transplanted limbs, and they're going back to Big Boss to fill in the spaces before the first MSX game, because apparently that's important.

JUST LET IT DIE, FFS.

/rant
  • Konami have nothing else. They will squeeze this rock 'til its innards drip out its arsehole.
  • More gameplay footage now available

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • So I watched the trailer and oh my yes I do still love MGS
  • I thought it was hillarious when he turned his head around to reverse the car, and it was his eyepatch.
  • @Brooks: yep, Konami playing it safe and milking their cash cow. I would love to see them take at least some risk and maybe revive some old IPs. Sunset Riders was one of theirs, wasn't it? How about Zombies Ate My Neighbours, that was developed by LucasArts but published by Konami, I wonder if they have the rights. A new iteration for the current gen may work, won't know unless they try.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I could live without any more MGS but that does look quite impressive.
  • Didnt like how Snake just flashed his gun flashlight everywhere without anyone battering an eyelid. But based off that demo it looks like the AI isnt actually 'I' yet.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • They should make a game about The Boss. They've got Raiden for their cyber-neo-mecha-gundam-evangelion stuff. Make a game about a pregnant woman commanding a platoon in WWII and then going into space. HOW CAN THAT BE BAD?
  • Yeah I long thought the next console MGS would be about The Boss, Kojima has expressed his interest in this before.

Oh well, this does look very good and typically ambitious. I like that he's been silent for years now and I really didn't we'd get another console outing this generation, but here we are. It feels like Kojima's answer to the stagnation in action games, and hey look, proper stealth gameplay. The animation provided from this new engine looks wonderful too. Good to see the trademark humour remains also with that Wagner bit. Who's that disfigured guy supposed to be, Volgin perhaps? Looks like the Newborn from Alien Resurrection. Guess I need to get around to 'Peace Walker' now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I dunno. I think think stealth games have had their day. Anyone wanting a "proper" one is probably being a bit nostalgic. And I like stealth games.

Was it IR that said GTA was like a throw back to the days when a game was supposed to last you three months.

That's what stealth games, and esp MGS, feel like. A month hiding behind a rock, a month doing something and a month watching cut scenes.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mangled Vonburnyface is nowhere near hench enough to be Volgin.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I dunno. I think think stealth games have had their day. Anyone wanting a "proper" one is probably being a bit nostalgic. And I like stealth games. Was it IR that said GTA was like a throw back to the days when a game was supposed to last you three months. That's what stealth games, and esp MGS, feel like. A month hiding behind a rock, a month doing something and a month watching cut scenes.
    you never did like metal gear(s) though.
    Wander wrote:
    Yeah I long thought the next console MGS would be about The Boss, Kojima has expressed his interest in this before. Oh well, this does look very good and typically ambitious. I like that he's been silent for years now and I really didn't we'd get another console outing this generation, but here we are. It feels like Kojima's answer to the stagnation in action games, and hey look, proper stealth gameplay. The animation provided from this new engine looks wonderful too. Good to see the trademark humour remains also with that Wagner bit. Who's that disfigured guy supposed to be, Volgin perhaps? Looks like the Newborn from Alien Resurrection. Guess I need to get around to 'Peace Walker' now.

i think its either major zero or a clone of him.
    if you remembe he were the first and offerd himself up for cloning before 'les infant terrible'.
    also ground zeros ........plural.

im betting mgs5 will feature the boss in the same way mgs2 does raiden.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't like Metal Gear because of the tidal waves of ass wankery you have to sit through just to play a stealth game.

I like and actively seek out other games in the genre, but most of them are pretty old fashioned nowadays. I'm looking forward to the next Splinter Cell and Hitman games.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    yeh i knew you liked them, i like mgs and apparently ass wankery too now. :( 

have you played peace walker mod?
    theres not so much ass wankery in that though it is a bit mental in relation to the boss.
    missions are short and to the point and theres hundreds of them.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the next Splinter Cell and Hitman games.

SC Conviction is an example of how the stealth genre has evolved to be a hybrid of the action genre. Personally I think it works really well but there's still an itch that needs scratching for pure stealth. Have to wait for Thi4f for that.
  • Ground Zeroes so like all the clones of Major Zero minced and mixed in with the rations you eat so he's actually controlling you telepathically through the related cells you've ingested.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Too obvious.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I really wish Kojima would bring back some of the supernatural elements of MGS. I realise a theme of MGS 2 was how advanced techology = magic etc blah blah blah but most of the Cobra Unit and Vulcan Raven just seem stupid now. And at the time they were my favourite band of blokes.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    no tempy.
    although proboubly wouldn't surprise anyone. ;)

my theory is that zero and the clone will be polar opposites and one will control fox.
    the other will control msf that will become the anti-fox (fox backwards on the badges in first video  xof)

your mission will be to rescue paz or chico or both or whatever but then be orderd to take out major zero when its discoverd he has a METAL GEAR.
    you will near the end .......but will it be the right one?
    INCEPTION!
    >mgs5

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    iv only just noticed that child in the cage pulls his headphones out his chest!
    is this child soldier raiden?
    even though its referenced that hes going to save paz and chico, theres still the possibility that there are other hostages and child soldiers.
    also zero (i think its him) says give my regards to the boss.
    not sure if he means big boss or the boss though.

• It will be a prequel trilogy cluster-fuck of every character having interacted with every other character at some point in history.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i dont think that will be possible becouse of the time period its set in.

• Well, I found out the other day that Ocelot is possibly Boss' son. Thing that makes me think twice is that she seemed a bit young to have a child as old as him in MGS3.
    I don't know enough about Peace Walker to know how it ended, but it does seem likely that Zero is the main antagonist.
    I'm surprised at how old Big Boss looks though, considering his age in MGS4, and the fact he has yet to face Snake in MG1 and MG2.
    Is Kojima fucking up his own timeline here?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Big boss's reveal in mgs 4 was an insane move and shoddily done.
  • I'm sure that Ocelot thing is made fairly explicit in MGS3.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    yeh the age thing got me but remember that this is before foxdie and stuff.

im now thinking this might just be related missions in diffrent time periods explaining things and letting us play these missions.
    fighting gray fox on the minefield and such and also it mentions cypher in the first vid too.
    there the patriots (la-de-da-etc) before the patriots were a thing.

so many possibilites......

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    None of you are making any sense or seem to be capable of agreeing with each other. This leads me to assume the plot of the MGS games is complete bobbins.

Mod, you'd have loved Splinter Cell: Conviction.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched the video for this last night.  Why does everything look like it's made of plastic?
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!