Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It's sounding more and more like a must-have title for MP shenanigans, I am actually looking forward to seeing what the Kinect integration entails.
  • Surviving longer than in COD could mean anything.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm guessing they mean current CoD. CoD4 struck a fine balance between in the hunt/kill/respawn cycle. Everything after that went a bit down hill.

I'm hoping they've got some new ideas/mechanics to bring to the table and aren't just aping what's become insanely popular.
  • Sounds like Mechwarrior Assault 2 a little, but first person. Other than that it's pretty vague at the moment.

Studio pedigree makes it interesting.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Never played MechWarrior, does it mix up humans and mechs?

The simple act of putting humans in a mech game/mechs in a human game sounds novel at least.
  • In MW3 and 4 there were small human sized mechs called Elementals, but Assault was the short lives OG Xbox series. In the second one you could disembark your mech in a stripped down Elemental suit and you had a hijacking tool so you could score enemy mechs.

That siad, I can visualise getting punted Left4Dead style across a rooftop by a Titan being a neat thing to experience.
  • Wont silly bandwidth be required to run both an MP game alongside the cloud computing?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    And what about the disc overhead for recording TV? And the memory overhead for Kinect? And the CPU usage for running Skype in the background and and and.

Give it up Sas. We'll see how it runs when we see it running.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    And what about the disc overhead for recording TV? And the memory overhead for Kinect? And the CPU usage for running Skype in the background and and and. Give it up Sas. We'll see how it runs when we see it running.

Let's never ask any questions and never get any answers. Cos that's how the world works right?
  • Dunno if anyone here has the technical knowledge nor the indepth knowledge of what exactly Respawn will offload to the cloud to tell you really.

'physics' and 'AI' is fairly loose.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Dunno if anyone here has the technical knowledge nor the indepth knowledge of what exactly Respawn will offload to the cloud to tell you really. 'physics' and 'AI' is fairly loose.

AI I can sort of understand, NPCs having their AI calculated server side would be just like an MMO. So that makes sense. Physics in general I'm not so sure about.
  • Bandwidth shouldn't really be a problem these days, remember the sort of internet people had when the PS360 came out. 

Not saying I'm convinced that the cloud will add much though.
  • Well (chump/gunn correct me) physics used to be/are frequently offloaded to a specific chip on the graphics card, if it had one, called a physX chip, which was doable because if I am not totally spouting rubbish, physics are frequently run by some kind of middleware like havok, ergo they aren't done by the engine so er, anyone, hello, is this thing on?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Wont silly bandwidth be required to run both an MP game alongside the cloud computing?
    The "cloud computing" revealed here so far is that they run a dedicated server. 
    Tempy wrote:
    Dunno if anyone here has the technical knowledge nor the indepth knowledge of what exactly Respawn will offload to the cloud to tell you really. 'physics' and 'AI' is fairly loose.

Well, yeah, if it's a MP game you run the physics calcs on the server, you never trust the clients. AI as well. Nothing new there. Not "cloud computing" new, not by a long shot.

And Source engine with a similar storytelling style to Left4Dead eh?
  • As you can tell by my other post chump I think computers are basically run by digital faeries so I'm happy to say I'm wrong.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    A dedicated server? That also does physics and AI.

That they aren't running. And isn't dedicated.
  • Oh Christ, this thread's turning into the Next Gen thread.  Stay positive ppl.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I'm positive due to the developer, if not the material. But giant robots are always worth a look.
  • I can't help thinking that this should've been kept under wraps until E3. We knew it was likely to be a part of Microsoft's conference, but if we'd actually just been shown it there, along with the exclusivity announcement, it would've been a huge deal.

Now though? I'm interested in seeing it but the exclusivity is just another story.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm sure there's some very pissed off bods, hopefully there'll be some footage of some sort to spice it up a bit. Either way it still contributes to the win/lose bollox.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    That GAF thread is awesome.

A rather large and steamy turd has just been dropped in some bowls of cornflakes that up until a few hours ago had been been feeling very smug for the last two weeks.

Now it's all "never mind the game, let's concentrate on the tech". A remarkable change of tune from the last two weeks.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    A dedicated server? That also does physics and AI.
    Lulz - where do you think the physics and AI calcs get run on a Left 4 Dead dedicated server? Think they distribute it across the clients and round robin like the bad old days? C'mon mod, you should know this stuff as a pc gamer.
    That they aren't running. And isn't dedicated.

You need to read your own posts more closely:
    - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
    Microsoft xbone "cloud computing" is that they're running the dedicated servers on their server farms? That's not cloud computing, otherwise pc games have been "cloud computing" for years, and BF3 is currently "cloud computing" all over EA's servers.
    C'mon mod, you should know this stuff.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So should you.

If Titanfalls sends AI job to Azure (run by Microsoft) it's run on any Azure server, anywhere. There's no "dedicated" Titanfalls server.

"Dedicated" simply means not peer to peer.
  • - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
    Your own post, mod... Your own post.
  • So, this new game from Respawn then. From what I can glean from the small details available, I couldn't give less of a fuck. Robots and guns and stuff I'm tired just thinking about it.
  • The best news is that it's not another dreary military FPS. Guys have pedigree, so let's see where they go with this.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    So, this new game from Respawn then. From what I can glean from the small details available, I couldn't give less of a fuck. Robots and guns and stuff I'm tired just thinking about it.
    I've always been more inclined towards normal war scenarios but the individual pieces shouldn't detract from the overall game. It doesn't matter what your chess pieces represent if they still abide by the same rules and tbh I think that Respawn will pull off whatever it is they put their minds to. I remember Unreal Tournament having some cracking gameplay and it's always been my opinion that with somebody else at the helm it would still be thriving today. You've only got to look at 'F1' to see what good leadership can achieve.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
    Your own post, mod... Your own post.

Yeah, repeating yourself isn't going to make you any less wrong. Chin up, pip pip.
  • Sure sure, you're always right, everyone else is always wrong, Microsoft is always the best, there both "aren't dedicated titanfall servers because its running on Azure servers" and "are dedicated titanfall servers because "dedicated" simply means not peer-to-peer", and "running dedicated servers that have physics and AI is a brand new cloud computing paradigm that is only available on xbone" sure sure.

Btw, wasn't repeating myself, was repeating yourself.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Now you're just looking silly. If your riposte is a mere "yeah but you're just a M$ fanboi" I'm not sure why you even bothered typing it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!