PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This game is fine.
  • i'm starting to not be able to find big coins. I've missed 2-3 so far and i'm on world 2.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I have 3,000 coins. I'm going to be seriously addicted to this game.

I only got it tonight, btw.
  • Fucking hell. I've still only got 2000 or so.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mk64 wrote:
    i'm starting to not be able to find big coins. I've missed 2-3 so far and i'm on world 2.

I couldn't find the one in mid castle world 1. The second coin is missing from my list
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm sitting on about 34,000 coins atm, and I'm still only finding this game 'fine'. It's comically easy to tear through, I haven't had any problems with coins (tiny mario is your friend) and it's all a well made, but ultimately shallow experience.
  • The tiny mario to get certain coins or exits was the worst part about nsmb1
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    The tiny mario to get certain coins or exits was the worst part about nsmb1

This.

Searched a lot of midcastle world 1 as tiny mario, couldnt find middle coin. Am noob.
  • mk64 wrote:
    The tiny mario to get certain coins or exits was the worst part about nsmb1
    I quite liked that challenge - when you get tiny Mario, trying to keep him tiny long enough to get to whichever exit you needed.
  • but if you die then it takes ten minutes to find a mushroom to get back to being small mario. Thats the ballache.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm up to 15,000 coins and have got to the last few levels of World 6. Still not managed to get into either of the 'secret' worlds, and have plenty of big coins left to find.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm in basically the same place as Blue Swirl.

Absolutely loving the game so far, fabulously joyful.

The coin-head block thing is a bit pointless like, and some of the boss battles are too easy, but most levels are highly replayable which I love. This game will last me 5 years.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Beaten it. Well, I say, beaten, but you know. More to do. It's fine. Utterly a [7].
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Beat this last night. Wonderful stuff. Going to head back through the levels and try to find all the big coins, and unlock those secret worlds. I wouldn't go as far to say that it'll last me five years, but it's definitely got more legs than people give it credit for.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Princess rescued. Now to get the big coins.
  • Star castle done. 30,000 coins, and one alt world found and completed. Still smiling.
  • Just got back from Croatia and I've given this a decent kicking. It's not as easy as it looks. I'm upto 35k in coins. A million would take fucking ages.. I've unlocked all but the secret world from 4-7 (bottom right). Unlocked star road but don't have enough coins as I spent them in power up houses. I only did that to mark off the rest of the map hich seems silly. Some of the big coins are fiendish. Some of the exits are hidden by Derren Brown. I'm getting to the point where I'll need a guide to find the rest. Even with years of 2d mario some of the exits are raw. More hidden blocks/beans talks than we have had in a while too.

Not really it a strategy down for coin rush yet. Any pro tips?

Also if you need a small/blue mario then 3-B is fucking handy. No more moaning from me about not being able to get it.
  • Found the last secret world tonight, and another couple of alt. exits too.

Still about 5 levels to complete, then it's just big coins to go.

1m coins is silly. Though I'll have 100k in a week or so.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Star castle done. 30,000 coins, and one alt world found and completed. Still smiling.

Sounds like you're at about the same place as me. I've got around 32k coins, still going back to this game- it's even replaced Mario Kart 7 as the default cart in the slot.

I thought I'd managed to find the entrance to the second secret world, but no, it was just the way to World 3-B. Ah well, a secret is a secret.
  • Why do people keep mentioning 1m coins, does something special happen when you hit that number?
  • Yes but not THAT special. Which basically means its not really worth it.
  • So... What happens? Bah, I'll just google it.
  • Spoiler:

I'm glad they changed the rules to get the 5*'s. Stupid me though, i think i used a pwing by accident not realising what it was till it was too late. Died seconds after. So i wont get the shiny stars. Not sure if i'll have the inclination to do it again for the shiny's. The 4 death rule was fucking stupid though so pleased thats not a requirement now though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Why do people keep mentioning 1m coins, does something special happen when you hit that number?

It was part of the ad campaign, "can you get a million coins?".
  • and you get something as per spoiler above
  • also, did you know

SPOILER (albeit slightly predictable)
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I want to click both of those, but I'm quite enjoying this and don't want to spoil the surprise.

Must. Exercise. Self. Restraint.
  • I think that's all the levels done now. I found one more I hadn't actually entered.

Still haven't found how to get to the cannon in Fire Flower world.
  • i've got that one.. if you can resist..
    Spoiler:

And the way to get it -

Is unlike any other coins i've got in the rest of the game...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!