My God, She's Alive! A Pinball Thread
  • Twilight Zone is available on Arcade.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Just had a quick go on the trial. It's pretty tough, but I think I could get into it. 

What's the deal with the 'PRO' tables though? No I do not want to buy the pro version of Tales. mainly because I've already bought it 3 times on various platforms. :(

Currently loving a bit of Cirqus Voltaire.

DURN
    DURN
    DERN
    Bad a bum
    Deh Neh!
  • Cirqus Voltaire's right behind Bride of Pinbot for me, love it. I'm rubbish at it of course, but that kinda goes without saying.
  • I think the trick, like Medieval Madness, is to set everything up so you get several multi-balls at once. Easier said than done tough.
  • It's when I'm trying to play smart that it all comes crashing down. I just don't got the reflexes no more (same with shmups and beat em ups).
  • I'm not sure what the Pro versions give you.  I saw some pro tips, but surely there's more to it?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    By the by, Pinball FX on Win8 works rather well. Seems more detailed/higher res than the 360 version. You can play with the pad as well.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What is deemed to be the best pinball game on the iPad?

I've got AC/DC and Zen Pinball...
  • Pinball Arcade for me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Pinball Arcade for me.
    Just bought it, that buying a Pro version is a bit bullshit...

I don't mind buying a new table so what is the best one? I was tempted to go for the Twilight Zone.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just had a look at the free version on iPhone and was wondering what I get for the 69p app. Is it just Arabian Nights and the rest are still locked?

I'm so tempted to buy a few tables though, Twilight Zone was fun to play.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't know, I just bought the 69p one straight away. I don't like how steep the table is set though and when I went to adjust it I find that you can buy a table or you can buy a table-pro, the difference? Obviously the difference is it costs more, a lot more.

AC/DC is still winning the pinball stakes for me, especially when you consider that the Twilight Zone table (if I want all the features) costs £5.49 on its own.
  • @moto

My favourite tables are Bride of Pinbot, Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire. Monster Bash, Ripley's and Arabian Nights also good. Tables genrally come in packs of 2s (a bit better value than just buying them singularly). Probably a bit more expensive than Zen but once you get into the tables they play a lot better (imo).

Pro versions are overkill in my opinion (they've only just started doing them). I think they allow you to do a bit of a table flyover and tweak some of the settings (The average player wont give a toss I expect).
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, you seem to be able to control the ball on the pro tables. I'll pick up the twilight and circus packs but doubt I'll stretch to the pro versions.

I've had to read most of the instructions on the Arabian nights table as I've absolutely no idea what's going on half the time!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is the Twilight table in a pack? I thought it was an individual table?

Also for anybody worrying about us, the Twilight we are discussing is Zone not some teenage girl wank film...

EDIT: Do I need to be logging in to buy stuff as I've already forgotten what email and/or password I used?
  • I've played Bride of Pinbot, Ripley's and Arabian Nights the most.  Twilight Zone will get up there at some point.  Contemplating getting this on iOS now.  Traditionally played it on Android.  Both versions are sweet.  It's a cross play title on PSN too, if you fancy that.

I love going throughout the instructions for each table to see what's hidden in each one.  However, the beauty of Pinbot is its' simplicity.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, Pinbot is a great table. I've not managed to get further than eyes so far. I even got set back from the level afterwards!

I swear Medieval Madness has a bigger drain slot in between the flippers and I keep losing too many balls down there. I'm going back to Pinbot for now even though I love the 'madness' of the table.
  • what you playing this on sub? iOS? I'm mrpabloamigo if you want to add.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Zen Studios will add four classic tables to Pinball FX2 this Wednesday. The "Zen Classics" bundle includes four "digitally re-mastered" tables, altered from their already digital state, with upgraded graphics and physics for Pinball FX2.

The four tables in the pack are Tesla (pretty great!), Shaman, Eldorado and V12. The tables come as a bundle for 800 Microsoft Points ($10).
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Zen Studios will add four classic tables to Pinball FX2 this Wednesday. The "Zen Classics" bundle includes four "digitally re-mastered" tables, altered from their already digital state, with upgraded graphics and physics for Pinball FX2. The four tables in the pack are Tesla (pretty great!), Shaman, Eldorado and V12. The tables come as a bundle for 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

interesting move... I quite fancy Tesla from what I have seen of it but not so sure about the others... I'll download the demo, but I suspect that I will then await the inevitable sale before considering buying the pack.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    800msgroats is alright for 4 tables, I'll probably pick this up...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    what you playing this on sub? iOS? I'm mrpabloamigo if you want to add.
    Yeah, iPhone at the moment but with any luck I should have an iPad after Chrimbo.

I'll add you but be warned, someone may have just made the billionaire's club on Bride of Pinbot!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    A0AF9189-F927-4E60-8D10-AE29F903C840-5394-00000809A8129D58.jpg
  • I won't share my score just yet then mate. Don't want to burst your bubble! :)
  • I did a full on woop of delight when I joined the billionaire's club in BoP (XBLA version). Was nothing short of horrified the next time I checked the leaderboards and found Pablo's score. There was lots of swearing.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Haha, that's cool. I was so chuffed as it's the first time I've really got something big. Most of the time I don't really know what's going on and I can't properly see the table to see what's lit!

Damn iPhone is too small. I'm halfway to an iPad now, hopefully Santa drops me another £200 to get a retina badboy.
  • That first billionaire shot feels good.  I haven't experienced a second.
  • Got to the billionaire shot three times running earlier and screwed it up every time. I suck.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    @pabloamigo How do I actually get a high score list? Gamecentre just seems to show a ranking.
  • I'm not sure to be honest mate. I have it on iOS, Mac and Xbox and the Xbox version is the only one that doesn't crash when you try and look at hi-scores. Hopefully they'll sort it (presuming it's not just my mac/iphone that's playing up.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!