The War Z - A zombie apocalypse survival shooter MMO
  • People are going bat shit crazy on how bad this game is.  Shame really... maybe it'll patch up.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No point trying to sugar coat a turd. (not sure why I posted that, I just like the phrase)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is it really that bad or are people getting really fussy?

Not every game is going to be a triple-A title, I only have to look at the 3/10 EDGE gave Dead Island to realise that not everybody rates games the same, what was a most enjoyable zombie romp for me was clearly something spawned from Hell for the reviewer.

Like I said I watched some YouTube vids of the gameplay (it didn't seem any worse than Stalker and people liked that) and it seemed OK, what exactly are people saying makes this so bad?
  • Reddit are going batshit insane over how this is fraud and a con and everyone deserves a refund.

It's proper pitchforks over there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Is it really that bad or are people getting really fussy? Not every game is going to be a triple-A title, I only have to look at the 3/10 EDGE gave Dead Island to realise that not everybody rates games the same, what was a most enjoyable zombie romp for me was clearly something spawned from Hell for the reviewer. Like I said I watched some YouTube vids of the gameplay (it didn't seem any worse than Stalker and people liked that) and it seemed OK, what exactly are people saying makes this so bad?
    There are some bad vibes aside from the game itself, mainly to do with it being misrepresented by the developer.  Link a page back has a link to a reddit list of everything that's claimed to be in it, but isn't.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Or what Fenton said.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fenton.  Fenton!  FEENTOOOON!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    haha!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Is it really that bad or are people getting really fussy? Not every game is going to be a triple-A title, I only have to look at the 3/10 EDGE gave Dead Island to realise that not everybody rates games the same, what was a most enjoyable zombie romp for me was clearly something spawned from Hell for the reviewer. Like I said I watched some YouTube vids of the gameplay (it didn't seem any worse than Stalker and people liked that) and it seemed OK, what exactly are people saying makes this so bad?

Dead Island was awesome.

One of the big things people are throwing their toys out over is the fact you spend real life money on equipment that you lose on death.  People are buying it, then they lose it due to all the glitchs and bugs... Which sounds fucking horrible.  TBH, I wanted this to be awesome... but more and more it sounds like a rushed turd making cash off the back of DayZ's name.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    According to the devs isn't it made perfectly clear that anything in your rucksack you can lose regardless of whether you pay for it or not?

They said they were trying to show people the 'dangers' of IAP's and trying to open their eyes to the whole concept. I'd be happy to not spend money on IAP's and instead treat it as it is, a survival game. I think the problem most people have is that other media (ie films) don't seem to convey the true difficulties that you would encounter months into an outbreak so a lot of people just think that the only 'difficulty' would be in keeping safe from roamers not from the other inherent dangers to your wellbeing from being ill-stocked to survive...
  • I think the whole losing things is great, but their point is they're losing them to the bugs and glitches of the game... not the zombie NPC's and PVP'rs.  I imagine spending 5 quid on some goodies and then dieing because you're stuck in a bit of geometry is a little infuriating.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    None of the IAP's are crucial to your survival though are they? What do they actually contain, ammo etc?

I've been tainted by catching up with my Walking Dead comics where times have been tough!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've been playing Dead Island quite a bit and really, it's not very good at all. *digs up corpse*
  • http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

Not read through it all yet but this along with all the user comments on that RPS article really should tell anyone considering this right now, not to bother.

I'll probably never play it, I mean the fact you (and other players) can just buy stuff defeats the whole point of a survival game.

And what exactly makes this an MMO?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It has up to* 3 billion people playing.

*People who may possibly play at some time during their lives.
  • I guess it couldn't hurt to get the basic version (it's $10 isn't it?) and just try it. If it is shit you wasted the price of a couple of pints (best unit of measurement), no great loss.

I certainly wouldn't be internet raging for a refund, then again I wouldnt have pumped a load of cash into IAP either.
  • The kind of people hating on this to tend to be your bandwagon-jumping, EA is evil, Bobby Kotick is the devil, FUCK ZYNGA, DAE GABEN, PC-gaming master-race tool.

You know, the kind of people for whom the Mass Effect 3 ending was the worst thing to ever happen to them.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    The kind of people hating on this to tend to be your bandwagon-jumping, EA is evil, Bobby Kotick is the devil, FUCK ZYNGA, DAE GABEN, PC-gaming master-race tool. You know, the kind of people for whom the Mass Effect 3 ending was the worst thing to ever happen to them.
    Ha
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • I really don't think that's what this is.

I mean, surely someone should be on the other side sprinkling it with praise if that were the case?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fentonizer wrote:
    The kind of people hating on this to tend to be your bandwagon-jumping, EA is evil, Bobby Kotick is the devil, FUCK ZYNGA, DAE GABEN, PC-gaming master-race tool. You know, the kind of people for whom the Mass Effect 3 ending was the worst thing to ever happen to them.

I didn't really mind the end of ME3.  I did want to be Master of the Universe and rule with an iron fist, but never mind.
  • I really don't think that's what this is.

I mean, surely someone should be on the other side sprinkling it with praise if that were the case?

It's a poor game with poor reviews. I think that's objectively all anyone can say.

It's not, however, a crime against humanity according to some establishments.
  • It is illegal however to falsely advertise a product you sell.

They're commenting on the internet, I think you may be exaggerating.
  • Yeah, maybe.

Although the top 4 posts on /r/gaming /r/games are ALL about how this game sucks and should be removed from Steam and everyone should get a full refund.

Which, you know, is fine, especially if there are fradulent elements in it. It's just the pitchfork nature of this from some outlets grinds-my-gears.

x
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Which, you know, is fine, especially if there are fradulent elements in it. It's just the pitchfork nature of this from some outlets grinds-my-gears. x
    Yah.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Dev is outright delusional.
    Damn yeah.  50 is the new 100.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Fentonizer wrote:

Oh come on, Fuck Zynga.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hmm.
  • Man, it's days like this when I wish Prankster101 was still around.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!