Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Took the portal to the missus’ place over 90 miles away and I have to say, it’s not great :-(

Her internet is about half mine but still benchmarks at around 30mbps.

The graphical quality is still really good but the frame rate is too inconsistent in pretty much all the games I tried. An option to drop the quality to 720p may alleviate some of that. Or it could be issues around my missus’ particular wifi router and extenders.

• Did you use performance mode?
  • Sounds like he’s used flight safe mode
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It could just be that its a bit shit.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It could just be that its a bit shit.

I had thought this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tried again. Mass Effect 2 played great. Think it’s an issue with the combined 5ghz/2.4ghz of the Sky router. Time to split the signal me thinks.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And Kena played great and looks amazing. Whatever the issue was seems to have gone away. It’s back to being a great little machine.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still use mine. It’s a great bit of kit for playing the PS5 in bed. Need to take it back to the missus’ place to see if things have improved post-patch.
  • I’m still checking Very every day !! :(
    The Forum Herald™
  • Only taken 6 months for this dead donkey but I’ve finally ordered one from very
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Only taken 6 months for this dead donkey but I’ve finally ordered one from very

Cancel it! You can get em for £165 on eBay!

8zdZe0.png

This one finished only a couple of hours ago.

Though I thought it was more than £199 new so it’s not a massive saving I suppose.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Performance is improved with the last update. It certainly seems a smoother experience and the graphics look even better. That screen is a great screen. Really bright and decent contrast for a non-OLED.
  • So I don't have one yet, but after playing with Remote Play on a phone and iPad Mini last night, it's just a matter of time.  

I've only played GT7 on it, but I'm surprised at how well it works!  It helps that I'm so bad at games that any lag can be blamed entirely on myself and not the tech :D
    I just need it to be more comfortable and portable.  Can people keep their eyes peeled for bargains such as the one Vere posted?

Thanks!
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • I'm super excited.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It'll be a game-changer for me.  The Switch has been my number 1 machine for however long, simply because I don't get TV time.  The XBox was a waste of money for that reason.  But a handheld PS5? With only the tiniest amount of compromise?

Yes please.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Yes that's absolutely me too... got a lot of mileage out of remote play on vita but was comprimised by the lack of second triggers but this will be brilliant.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Great ergonomics. Best handheld experience compared to the Switch and Steam Deck, which are both great consoles.

I’ve played a range of games on it and there is some lag, a recent update seems to have improved it a bit, noticeable when I was playing Sea of Stars.

Playing Immortals of Aveum is both impressive (graphically it clearly looks amazing) and a bit frustrating (I think FPS aiming is probably what suffers the most with remote play).
  • Still not using mine enough. I have a campervan now and the idea was to use this proper remotely but the fiddling with the PS5 port forwarding blah blah seemed like a right pain a few months ago - has anything improved on that yet?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It just works for me. Didn’t change any settings on my router or console.
  • In testing it this morning because I’d ideally like to take it away Sun and Mon night - is that just using your phone as a hotspot, at home or have you tried it away?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t tried on my phone but tried on the other half’s broadband.
  • Have you noticed after the update that button presses are too sensitive? I’m getting a double hit often on eg direction button
  • Actually it seems to be an overly sensitive connection issue. I’m wondering if they’ve ramped it up too much.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can't say as I've noticed, but I'll look out for it when I next use it.
  • Right, I’ve spent pretty much all morning trying to get this to work off a phone hotspot and - have actually done it, with port forwarding etc from the router (probably fucked something up somewhere else that I’ll notice at some point), but, it’s pretty terrible. Drops out after 10 seconds each time.
    I’ll test it away from home, but not holding out any hope.
    So, great for at home, shit out and about, will probably offload because that’s my main usage case gone.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Right, I’ve spent pretty much all morning trying to get this to work off a phone hotspot and - have actually done it, with port forwarding etc from the router (probably fucked something up somewhere else that I’ll notice at some point), but, it’s pretty terrible. Drops out after 10 seconds each time.
    I’ll test it away from home, but not holding out any hope.
    So, great for at home, shit out and about, will probably offload because that’s my main usage case gone.

*Twitches whiskers* this fits my life.
  • JMW wrote:
    will probably offload because that’s my main usage case gone.

No pressure, but if you do decide that, would you ping me an offer?

Ta.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!