Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    On to the 12th and final golden gate. They've actually not been as tough as I was thinking, a few head scratchers but I've ticked them off one by one - all very good though. Hoping there's one mega final bonus puzzle.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And that's all done now, so that's absolutely all levels apart from the actual finale which I ain't done yet.

Also picked off the trophy for the three "hard" solves to specific levels. One of which was the solution I arrived at in my sleep about a week ago, so that was nice.

Still seven stars to go though (1 South, and all six West) so a smidge left. After that it's just bs that I can't be arsed with, like NPC bollocks and some missed flashbacks / ancient artifacts (meh). Scraping the game's barrel, basically.

It might have eeked back to a [9] I'm not quite sure. Suspect an [8] really, but a strong one.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    All stars got. Couple of BS ones adding the way, and but a hugely satisfactory payoff - golden doors better on both fronts. DLC hint perhaps though?

Anyway, today's 100% of stuff that's tracked, and that's me done. Will play through the finale tomorrow, then delete it to give my brain a rest.

Still reckon [8] is maybe harsh, [9] maybe generous. The very final slice will have to sway me...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Without spoiling what stopped it being as great as the first game?
  • although i personally prefer the first game's understated approach to philosophical padding, I think just about everything else is better in the sequel.

Good puzzle games are rare,. and this is definitely one of the better ones
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    At the last puzzle in the set of final puzzles right at the end and I'm giving stumped. Can't go cheating now though, I'm in touching distance!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Without spoiling what stopped it being as great as the first game?

I'm still pondering this btw
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    CREDITS!

And I think a good ending given everything was 100% but still some intrigue and choices till right at the end.

Last set of puzzles were decent too, finally got the one I was stuck on, annoyingly simple in the end...

So yeah, oversight, I've kinda warmed back to it - is day it was [9]/[10] territory for worlds 1-7 and 11-end game, but there was a definite dip in 8-10.

Comparisons with the first have are interesting. Sorry it's much more direct, and I think I preferred the vagueness in the first. It also gets in the way here more, and there is a fair bit of traipsing about at points.

Overall it's easier too, only a handful of levels that had me properly scratching my head for more than five mins or so, but that still somehow got me to 30h on the final clock so it's obviously done a lot right. And there are multiple, multiple levels that were just excellent.

I think I started thinking this could supersede the first, but it didn't quite hold the standard. Maybe there are rose tinted glasses in play, I know the OG died at points too, and some of its stars were awkwardly obtuse. But I think it's newness and raw inventiveness just pipped this one. But it is close, this is still an awesome game, and I'm happy to go with [9] now I've seen some good shit at the end.

If you like a good cerebral puzzle, this is very much towards the toppest of tiers, the rest will come down to the nuances of personal taste.
  • I can't tell if the sequel is easier or the puzzles are just more compact. I'm probably leaning into the latter. Most of the puzzles can be completed in under a minute if you know what you're doing. i don't thiink that was the case in the first game, but partly because there was so much unforgiving, back-and-forth setup padding to contend with.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just started this on PC. Getting crackling sound from my right speaker with dialogue in the game. Anyone else have that issue?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I was on ps5, but nope
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Might be my speakers :-(
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There's a lot of faff at the start of this game, it already doesn't feel like the enigmatic original, too much old-school exposition is boring me.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah there's definitely bits of that, but then you get a run of three worlds of good shit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!