PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    ANYWAY

Now onto the 6th world, and have finally figured out the sprite jazz so now totally fine the first five assist from golden doors, so 10 triangles, now 11 stars, and very close to being half way through on all fronts.

Not totally convinced by the latest new mechanic. Maybe they'll do something good with it, but it feels the weakest new entry after five very good ones. We'll see. I'll be delighted if it's the low point though, nevertheless!
  • I still haven’t started this. I chose spider2 instead and I’m regretting that choice every time I read your updates.
    Dunno, maybe I’ll get on this instead. Do we have a rough idea on play time? 20hrs? I’m doing it all.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    He's rubbing your face in the gravy there.

Underrated post.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I thought it was brilliant. Me and the missus inappropriately joke and Trevor and Mo. She gets the gravy I get the iron if either of us play up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I still haven’t started this. I chose spider2 instead and I’m regretting that choice every time I read your updates.
    Dunno, maybe I’ll get on this instead. Do we have a rough idea on play time? 20hrs? I’m doing it all.

I'm at 11h and am not quite half way in terms of main levels, and there's extra stuff that'll unlock later I think. So I'd say 25h-30h is more realistic for doing it all? Though I read someone had played it for 50h... Guessing that's just they were very much taking their time, but obviously I've no real idea yet how much opens up later being the obvious stuff on the main map...
  • I’ll stick with Spider-Man then. Should be done in half the time.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Wasn't able to play the last couple of days, took a while to get my brain working again today... but works stuff sewn up, and all stars and triangles from the whole first half now got.

Interlude was ok (slightly more fun than the one after the first quarter, bit still not as good as the main puzzles). But now on to World Seven which has a cracking new mechanic, so happy days and onwards we go...
  • What are the star things?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Don't want to give too much away, but...
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well world 8 is where my brain is starting to melt. Mind fuck territory. All sorts going on, stars starting to get mind-bendingly confusion. Might mainline for a little bit before returning for completionism.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So world 8 grew on me in the, and fully done now (was very relieved to get the second star).

World 9 seems a bit shit though. Feels the weakest of the lot. Hopefully the last trio will see it going out on a high (particularly coupled with end game fiendishness / given gates etc)
  • I still haven't bought this but that will be rectified at the weekend.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    On to World 10, which send marginally better than World 9 but still not exactly a classic. Hopefully the last two are gooduns again or there'll be a definite feeling of it having peaked early...

Left a star out there again, and a triangle this time too, so a little bit of backing up to do. Though I'm happy enough seeing that after the mainline endings I think so see if/how completing everything changes things...
  • I played the first one a little bit ages ago, can't remember much about it but I bounced off for some reason. I think I tend not to like puzzle games where the puzzles are canonically puzzles, if that makes sense. Like I much prefer when puzzles are integrated into the mechanics of the world, Riven style. But then again I loved Portal so fuck knows. I'll give TTP1 a go again sometime.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I can see it's not for everyone, but summer of puzzles in both are top tier shizzle if you do like em

I'm onto the penultimate world now, and while it's a slightly better mechanic than the last two in still feeling it's a definitely weaker second half over all. We'll see if that's a good denouement - and I'm still looking forward to post-game challenge, but starting to get it's a [9] or even an [8] rather than GOAT territory, despite some great early highs. Not done with it yet though, so we'll see...
  • Well this is fantastic; just my sort of thing. Random points:

- I like all this additional philosophy icing, as i did before, at least in principle, but a good chunk of the script for characterisation, chit chat etc is utter balls. Shame. 
    - I kind of wish it was a bit harder? Not much harder, mind. But now my brain has snapped back into puzzle game mode i do seem to be smashing through most of the levels a bit too fast atm. 
    - I appreciate the puzzles are less dependent on lengthy, time-consuming sequences of actions chained together without room for mis steps. This bothered me in the first game; when you'd accidentally put the wrong thing in the wrong place then have to backtrack through 15 mins of setup steps.
    - so far i like all the new concepts that revolve around light beams. i'm guessing we probably all share the same least favourites. 

Think my progress is about 65%
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah basically agree with all that!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've hit world 12, so the final set of main puzzles. They seem decent, which is good, and world 11 was also kinda fun even if fairly straightforward (its architecture helped I think...).

All triangles thus far too still, so very close to everything done except end game, golden gates, and stars... loading a fair few of those now I've started rushing a bit though, a lowly 67% vs 95% of levels, so some doubling back beckons. Hoping I can get everything without resorting to online hints!!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    All main + triangle levels done whoop whoop.

World 12 is old-skool chefs kiss stuff. Definitely better puzzles after 8/9/10 in particular were pretty weak worlds, and 11 not totally convincing.

So, end game, and I'm hoping the golden doors will finally open soon... then the stars I've missed and whether that leads.

Think I'm just gonna put question marks back on cos cba wondering around the levels looking for a last few bits and bobs. But annoying some trophies are obscure/locked out for me now I think, but ho hum pretty sure this is a one-and-done for me, or at least a long wait before a revisit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Trevor briefly started banging on about John Carpenter again. Nob.
  • i don't know what triangle levels are. is it something fun to figure out? if not i might just google

I have only done the levels as they were given to me. Not skipped any puzzles. but not sought any out beyond the 8 per stage + megastructure stuff
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think hugely spoilery, but just in case...
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think these'll definitely help with
    - I kind of wish it was a bit harder
  • Trevor knows.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s a thing.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nnggg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    First eight golden doors done, so only four to go (I think). Some nice plot stuff on these at least, and they're again decent (and sightly tougher) puzzles, so I'm glad I've done them. Star stuff we'll see, might just get it done after this, can't quite decide...
  • I can't figure out if it was a good or bad design choice to group levels together by the new tech they use. On the one hand it gives each 'section' it's own character and feel, where otherwise there might be none, but on the other hand the repetition of utilising the same central bit of tech for 8 puzzles in a row means once you've adapted your brain to work with the new bit of equipment- and it usually doesn't take long- then hammering through the remaining puzzles on autopilot suddenly becomes a thing where im not sure it should be. 

Also, some of the tech/gear is nowhere near good or interesting enough to justify being the central, defining theme of a zone. That's not to say that all of the levels within a boring, uninspired zone are even necessarily bad ones. Some of them are actually rather good, just not as part of a theme to be repeated 8 more times.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I hear ya. In winter cases it's useful for building up the complexity of how to use it, others there's not really enough variety.

I'd definitely recommend doing all the extra levels though - they're deffo good ones, and don't overdo the new mechanics.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!