Scottish pishba
  • Yeah, it's not 2012 fs.
  • Page turn Sevco hits different.
  • Gav, you'd love my wee Celtic mate that grew up a Rangers fan. For some reason most of my old mates are all Celtic fans and pretty much all great with the banter. This wee fucker, however, is the bitterest wee bastard you'd ever meet. He's got a real chip on his shoulder and now likes to pretend he's the pure biggest, greatest most genuine selick man ever. He can barely end a message in our group without six shamrock emojis and five hail hails. The great thing is all the real Celtic fans think he's a wee fanny too and routinely remind him of his Rangers supporting youth.
  • Class. I wanna know his twitter @. I bet he has one reeking of paranoia and binfire patter.
  • Growing up in Glasgow I was always advised to say I was a Partick Thistle fan if asked by some threatening dipshit on the street.
  • For years I thought their name was Partick Thistle Nil.
  • What's best for The Banter?
    For years I thought their name was Partick Thistle Nil

• I've said this before I think but my dad drank in the only celtic pub in our town which is/was famous for being very, very staunch. He said it was because it was the only pub in the town that wasn't full of dickheads. He had a point tbf.
  • "Draw, lose or draw..." Ha.
  • Huge news. Gargantuan, even. Something that has LIT THE BLUE TOUCH PAPER

.... Yeah so yesterday at his press conference, our Zambian prince Fashion Sakala referred to this weekends opponents as "the other mob", so exhaustingly, here we are at the rattled celtic fans stage of the discourse. Next is the pundits releasing stuff about respect, etc, can't do that here, etc. Then comes the celtic win at the weekend and at FT their twitter posts something like Rangers 0-3 Other Mob and their fans lap it up, merch and dvds out by the weeks over.

We are at MD -3. I expect some mild jabs back via their players' presser, maybe some paranoid ref/var team chat, and a whole lot more performative staunchness regarding Battle Fever and the like. Yes it bloody well is Old Firm week!
  • What was the offical Celtic tweet again when they coudn't even say 'Rangers'? 'Goal to the opposition' or something hilarious like that?
  • Aye, that was a thing once.

Opposition FC vs The Other Mob is quite as catchy as I thought, mind you.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Please show some respect to the family.
    Things can only get better.
  • So I'm a weird one when it comes to Glasgow teams.  I was born in Glasgow and lived in and around the city for a big chunk of my childhood.  My dad sent me to a catholic school where it was unsurprisingly 100% Celtic fans.  This led to me being a Celtic fan and the belief I was catholic.  Turns out my dad being a methodist minister meant I wasn't but I didn't find this out until confirmation when everyone got loads of gifts and money and I got a drunk Irishman waving his hand over my head (fortunately just that).

We moved to south of the border and I was still affiliated with supporting Celtic but to this day have never actually been to a Celtic game.  All through the 80's my dad took me to a lot of football games for other teams like Mansfield Town, Notts County, Nottingham Forest.  Nothing stuck.

When I was a teenager we were living in East Lancs and a mate took me down to Turf Moor.  This definitely did stick and I ended up a Burnley season ticket holder who went to pretty much every home and away game.

This puts me in a strange position.  I'm a Burnley fan.  I also have a soft spot for Celtic despite being nominally protestant (religion loses all meaning when its your dad's job).  Burnley hate Celtic with a passion because of some dodgy antics in the Anglo-Scottish cup back in the 70's.

My fandom has multiple paradoxes.  Also throw Dumbarton into the mix because I lived there for a while but there is no threat of them every doing anything.
  • There are lots of teams in the strathclyde area, why are you narrowing your choices?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I am now at the Larry David weighing it up gif with my hype

Good omens:
    Would've been Sir Walter's and it was Brian GOD Laudrup's birthdays this week. If there's two people that knew how to ruin The Other Mob, it was them
    Goldson & Davies have been really solid together
    Tillman is a Big Game Player
    We as a whole, imo, still have levels to find
    Masonic magic for the banter

Bad omens:
    Sakala chatting his shit at the press conferences. He's the cheeriest loveliest guy about so there is no malice there, and we know how our press like to add dressing to fairly tame quotes, but man he's done their team talk for them
    Raskin looks great but I dunno if this is a step up too far too soon for him. Very "can't just COME OVER to ARE LEAGUE" etc of me so I'll be very happy to be proven wrong, same with Cantwell and his junior doctor drip
    They are actually Really Good. As I said to Reg, they could go at 60% and still hand us our arse

There's a trophy there so the nerves have kicked in super early. Last time it went like this put me through the ringer, and ultimately hurt more than most.
  • Gav, I fully believe the right side will win.
  • Aw man don't say that, Charlie or Ram will make a shit gers = right wing joke with winkys and all that jazz.

Here's the highlights of the last OF cup final:

If we had VAR that day, I swear..
  • I wouldn't know enough about it to bring politics into it. I'll stick to my Sunday league level banter for a Sunday league level league ;)

Besides I'm far too stressed about the toon match.
    However stressed you're feeling Gav try to imagine if this was rangers first final in 25 years and that they hadn't won a domestic trophy in your parents lifetime...and still playing the team you least want to lose to
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Truthfully, I love any underdog tale so I do hope yous pull it off tomorrow. Would be class to see yer fanbase go mental.

Nerves kicking big time so let's watch a personal fave.

I get goosebumps. The man, the celebrations, the hair, the jawline and cheeky smile, the finishes, the FUCKIN MUSIC, everything about it. Just a brilliant set of clips.

God bless you Alastair Murdoch Mccoist MBE.

let's goooooooo
  • Gav, you might be underdogs, but we've had to watch our cross city rivals pick up trophy after trophy for the last decade. You couldn't possibly understand what that's like.
  • I'm far too stressed about the toon match. However stressed you're feeling Gav try to imagine if this was rangers first final in 25 years and that they hadn't won a domestic trophy in your parents lifetime...and still playing the team you least want to lose to

I mean it sounds like they are very shit and perhaps they should take a long hard look at themselves.
  • The calm before the storm…
    rolAEkz.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • G, can you write a note for my son, Gavin? It would make his day.
  • Hahaha
  • See you all on the other side!
  • Got what we deserved with that team selection and first half. Far too little, far too late with the changes. GG's to the other mob.
  • ADO83s5.jpg
  • Classy tribute to Ron Gordon a man who liked nothing better than to chase fenians everywhere
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!