Scottish pishba
  • Read that he was sacked cause he had been speaking to Motherwell about going there
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Ha ha ha. That wouldn’t surprise me. He’s a hell of a man for leaving clubs at the wrong time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Read that he was sacked cause he had been speaking to Motherwell about going there

That'd actually be great for Motherwell. They're a very well run club and the work they do in the community (that I work in) is incredible. Felt like Accies were the stain of the top flight, unrelegatable. Always survive then stink the league up the following season, whereas Well when they're in a good spot, actually try. Losing both Lanarkshire teams from the top flight in two seasons would be a blow, tbh. Hope they stay up.
  • Yeah, was ecstatic when Alan Burrows was announced as new Aberdeen CEO

• Yeah, was ecstatic when Alan Burrows was announced as new Aberdeen CEO
    Interesting. That had passed me by. Did wonder why he left Motherwell so quickly, as he was practically part of the woodwork there. Good man. Always been very pleasant and helpful to us when we've been working at Fir Park.
  • Tommy Wright for Motherwell would be disappointing, he is good tactically but dull to watch

• He’s also an arsehole.
  • B&B da place to be for your Scottish football goss
    More info please g man

• Dundee United being hilariously bad, anyone?

https://twitter.com/IainWATP/status/1627038998362263552?t=kuPwjgdkLhj279AI_JkKNg&s=19

Start your morning off right. Lovely stuff.

Routine, eventually, at the spaghettihad yesterday. Really liking that new lad Raskin. Covered everything. Cantwell showing signs too. The pair of them just seem to be a couple secs quicker than everyone else.

And here is where I say I'm backshift for the cup final next weekend. Time to find some unsuspecting colleague for a swap.
  • SHIFT SWAP FOR SUNDAY SECURED YASSSS

BATTLE FEVER: ON

• Since we have a separate thread now I say we ramp up the patter. Let's get the impartial, partial. To those who aren't aware, Sunday sees the big two duke it out at 3pm for the league Cup title. So to those who don't have an allegiance... One side is blue, one is green. Pick one, get involved, chat some shit! C'mon!

I think sparks is a secret bluenose. Dante defo celtic. Muzzy won't decide until someone scores first then choose them.
  • soz gav, there's a much more important cup final happening that day.
    if i had a fave scottish team it was always rangers, primarily cos they played in blue. however i'd be very happy for celtic to win by 20 and rangers to be relegated again if it meant that the toon can sneak victory on Sunday in our cup final!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah yours kicks off after ours finishes (et and pens notwithstanding)!

Plot twist: I actually had a few Cantona or beckham yanited shirts when I was wee, so mon the reds, you cunt, etc.
  • Dante defo celtic.

You have watched that video then.
  • Hahahahaha, that's between you and your ISP what you get up to, chief.
  • Since we have a separate thread now I say we ramp up the patter. Let's get the impartial, partial. To those who aren't aware, Sunday sees the big two duke it out at 3pm for the league Cup title. So to those who don't have an allegiance... One side is blue, one is green. Pick one, get involved, chat some shit! C'mon! I think sparks is a secret bluenose. Dante defo celtic. Muzzy won't decide until someone scores first then choose them.

There's a bit in one of the early Irvine Welsh books (forget which one) where the protagonist is in London with some other Scottish guys and a hun / Tim are doing their usual routine as way of banter and there's a long reflection on how utterly dull it all is to any and all onlookers.  Both sides would be utterly lost without each other, the obsession with 10 in a row underlines this.
    Remember going to Hampden as a kid, watching dons win.  Initially on the drives back up the road the opposing OF fans were out with the scarfs celebrating and waving.  Less so as the years went by and it became routine for us to win in mount florida.

• Irvine Welsh? The militant hibs fan? With a known wild hatred for both Glasgow teams? Writing that? That Irvine Welsh?? My days.

;)

C'mon you anglo EPL tourists. Get involved.
  • Who are Aberdeen playing in this final anyway?
  • Irvine Welsh? The militant hibs fan? With a known wild hatred for both Glasgow teams? Writing that? That Irvine Welsh??

As opposed to all the other fans of non OF Scottish teams who really, secretly, support the KKK or the self indulgent victims?

• Speak for yourself mate I'm just saying Welsh is a prat tbh.
  • Welsh is a prat tbh.
    Eh?  Why?

• What's best for The Banter?
  • Just think he's a banger, is all. Always seen him as coming across a bit smug, wanky, self important. Well done on the books n that but really not fussed about what he has to say about anything, especially football.

It's all good!
  • Anyway, I wonder what ill-timed and thought out banner the young Union Bears will embarrass us with this weekend. Can't wait.
  • I hate of games, the worst of Scottish society staged as a sporting event for the world to witness

• Who are Aberdeen playing in this final anyway?
    Unlikely wrote:
    Spurs I think.

Ah, the Spabederby Classico.
  • I hate of games, the worst of Scottish society staged as a sporting event for the world to witness
    Ahem, that's the Glasgow Derby as my Celtic supporting mates are always so keen to correct.
  • Scout wrote:
    I hate of games, the worst of Scottish society staged as a sporting event for the world to witness
    Ahem, that's the Glasgow Derby as my Celtic supporting mates are always so keen to correct.

Not sure why Celtic fans would be watching games in the West of Scotland League Second Division.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!