• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fuck you.  Fuck everyone watching this.
    Did you watch any of the last World Cup? Did you watch any of the last Olympics? Do you tell the supporters of Manchester City or Newcastle United to fuck themselves for their continued support? Do you ever buy cheap clothing? If so, if you have an unimpeachable record, then congratulations. Even so, perhaps tone down the vitriol against those who are the least complicit.

This. The Russian World Cup and the Winter Olympics were a disgrace but most of us, including me, supported it by watching.  There were the China games too. And we applauded medalists and footballers while the forests fell in Brazil.

I personally feel a bit of an arse taking a stand with this one but I suppose one has to start somewhere. Doesn't feel like a proper world cup to me anyhow.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nobody is ever going to be perfect with these things.
    Be wary of the ones who claim to be as they are nearly always the secret peados.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Football, eh? I always suspected it was evil.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You know, I was thinking about that prick who put 10k in a shredder over this.

What an absolute cunt. So many other gestures that could have been made. Find some of those grieving families, and give it to them.

Wouldn't have got as many retweets, but would have been a much better thing to do.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yeah.
    He didn't actually shred it.
    He donated it before even challenging Beckham knowing Beckham wouldn't step up.

What a prick standing up for gay rights.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Followup. Just found out that the stunt was a fake. Which just doubles down on the bottom feeding banality of such a futile and reckless concept for a protest.
  • £10k would be pissing in the wind anyway for the stadium victims
  • Yeah totally futile.
    Got mass media attention on the cause he was promoting for free and donated £10k to charity.

Fuck me.
  • Next World Cup is in America which is likely to have turned full fascist by then.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have a mix of thoughts on this, some of which conflict with each other, so I can but admire the charity with which some others view it all
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Nobody is ever going to be perfect with these things.
    Be wary of the ones who claim to be as they are nearly always the secret peados.

Lol'd at this.
  • All I'm saying is I wouldn't leave Bono alone with kids.
  • You know, I was thinking about that prick who put 10k in a shredder over this. What an absolute cunt. So many other gestures that could have been made. Find some of those grieving families, and give it to them. Wouldn't have got as many retweets, bit would have been a much better thing to do.
    Followup. Just found out that the stunt was a fake. Which just doubles down on the bottom feeding banality of such a futile and reckless concept for a protest.

One:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Yeah totally futile. Got mass media attention on the cause he was promoting for free and donated £10k to charity. Fuck me.

Two:

Even if he had actually shredded £10k, do you think he would have got as much attention for this by spending that on a PR agency?
  • Even if he paid for PR/advertising he wouldn't have got the publicity in rags like the Mail that he then totally dunked on with today's reveal.
  • Lycett is the enemy now? Classic Qatari attitude.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lol.

Point that I will make here, is that I still think Beckham is an opportunistic prick. That hasn't changed. But now also find Joe Lycett to be an opportunistic prick.

Ian Hislop on the other hand, did much the same job on Gary Neville, but didn't need to issue threats or ultimatums in the name of human rights, or comedy.

That's how I feel.

It's a bit of a shame, because reading a bit about Joe's Liz Truss stunt, he sounds alright. But this annoyed me.

This, and an apparent friendship with Jim Davidson, but let's take that out of scope...

Come on Wales!

*Sigh*
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dyna, have you ever got the right end of the stick on anything, ever?

Have a day off mate
  • Have to admire the consistency
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dyna, have you ever got the right end of the stick on anything, ever?

Have a day off mate

Well, rather be myself making mistakes, than out here acting like some kind of online granite man.

So keep sniping, big man.
  • What exactly are you mad at Lycett for?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That football though eh? England kicked some proper good goals!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Netherlands did as well, or so I've heard
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They did, eventually.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    What exactly are you mad at Lycett for?

Basically the fake £10,000 and the ultimatum he aimed at Beckham.

I hate Beckham, and sports washing, but to me, that stunt looked like self promotion first, altruism after.

But hey, it worked for him, and it harmed no one, so sure. It's not an attempt at extortion.

And Beckham still has his money. ~.~

• MattyJ wrote:
    He was angry because Lycett did a thing. Then when he found out Lycett didn’t do it, he was angry at him for not doing it.
  • MattyJ wrote:

Basically the fake £10,000 and the ultimatum he aimed at Beckham.

I hate Beckham, and sports washing, but to me, that stunt looked like self promotion first, altruism after.

But hey, it worked for him, and it harmed no one, so sure. It's not extortion.

It’s hard to do a publicity stunt that isn’t self-promoting.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This American team looks quite fierce in a way.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The USA are currently making Wales look very ordinary. I hope they’ve got Michael Sheen in the dressing room for half time.
  • Dyno smashing it today.  Well played son.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Basically the fake £10,000 and the ultimatum he aimed at Beckham. I hate Beckham, and sports washing, but to me, that stunt looked like self promotion first, altruism after. But hey, it worked for him, and it harmed no one, so sure. It's not an attempt at extortion. And Beckham still has his money. ~.~

You think that the gay man, who gave £10,000 to LGBT charities before even starting this, was trying to promote himself and not promote say, that Qatar imprison people for being gay, and are using a gay icon to sportswash?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!