Street Fighter 6! Open world!
  • Everyone I know outside of this forum thinks the game is looking sick. Sick characters, sick visuals, sick mechanics etc.

I'm going in with the lowest expectations for any SF game ever, which may be a good thing and I'll end up pleasantly surprised. It can't be worse than 5.
  • Soz rouj for pagey.
  • Deffo not buying on release since we know it will be sold later with loads of extra content.
    You rang.....
  • Sick visuals ahaahhahahahhaahaha

*breathes*

Ahhaahhaahhaha
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I mean they are fairly upsetting.
  • Anyway, I have literal jotters full of notes for My Ideal Fightman so I'm basically past sating anyway probably.

It'd be really excellent though.
  • *marge voice* I think it looks neat
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My hype machine is fully on for this. Looking forward to utterly destroying tempy in locals again on launch day. A tradition now.
  • SFV evolved into a nice beat-em-up and while it was more ridged, I think it made me a better all round SF player. I returned to SF4 on the xbox and I'm much better at it than I was when it was first out. Each to their own of course.

Out of the whole series, 3 is still the one I click with the least. I can see the quality in the animation and the technique involved but many of the characters leave me cold. 

As for 6... I'm liking a lot of what I am seeing. This place does seem to be a bit of an outlier in terms of reaction to it - many of you seem down on the art style, the mechanics etc. but it does seem to have gotten mucb of the youtube fighter community going (at least the stuff I watch so that may be just the algorithm). I'll be day one I think. So far havent seen a character yet who I really want to play which is about the only negative.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm down on the artstyle insomuch as it's not aimed at old duffers like me, but also prefer it to the goofier aspects of IV's, and certainly V's. Anything's better than fries and bananas for hair!

But I can see crumple-baiting dominating and making it dull. IV taught us the pros and cons of lights, mediums and hards, all critical to intermediate-level play.
  • It took around 4 years for SFV to get good, though I'll probably be in on launch.
  • I just don't get the drive to make it look gritty/realistic then add all the superfluous flashes for the supers, it's jarring and smacks of having no art direction to me. Given the wealth of amazing fan art out there you would have thought it would have been relatively simple to come up with something with a bit more soul. It looks nowhere near as bad as V but give me the handdrawn sprites of KOF13 anyday.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    SFIII best SF. Fight(mans) me, badgers.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    SFIII best SF. Fight(mans) me, badgers.

Hard pump the brakes there bud. As a personal favourite, that's fine. But hard to look past hyper fighting and sf4 as the best all rounders in the series in finding the sweet spot of "anyone can play" and "enough depth to master". If we can include alpha series than alpha 2 fits that bill but probably wasn't as popular.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I actually like the visuals and grafitti like impact special fx of sf6.
    Sf5 is visually okayish too as long as you don't play on low settings upscaled visuals (pc).
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    I actually like the visuals and grafitti like impact special fx of sf6.
    Sf5 is visually okayish too as long as you don't play on low settings upscaled visuals (pc).

Sf5 is visually fine but it lacks so many of the nice touches in 4. The backgrounds feel flat and some of the animation is quite straight forward. This does make it easier to read what's happening though.

6 looks to have some nice touches, I'm all in on the graffiti flourishes (reminds me of the water stuff that was shown in the very first trailer for 4) and although I do prefer the more manga styling of an alpha, I don't mind the... realistic i guess... Approach that's being shown. Guile background looks really nice.

SFV - reddave360
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Hard pump the brakes there bud. As a personal favourite, that's fine.

I thought it was obvious I wasn't being 100% serious, but apologies.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Some rare footage of Max actually voiceless:

Taken from 2:15, I think this is absolute jank.

SF6.gif

Don't wanna get crumpled by instant armour? Risk punishment on block with combo enders instead!

I suppose it's good news for shotos, who can lean on cr.MK into tatsu/fireball, even with parries nerfing their keepaway games.
  • I have a suspicion Escape would beat me at SFII even if I picked Ken.
  • And made him use the three button pad.
  • Escape wrote:
    Some rare footage of Max actually voiceless: Taken from 2:15, I think this is absolute jank. SF6.gif Don't wanna get crumpled by instant armour? Risk punishment on block with combo enders instead! I suppose it's good news for shotos, who can lean on cr.MK into tatsu/fireball, even with parries nerfing their keepaway games.

Not sure I'm following the clip, ryu parries then goes into his 3hit absorb armour attack I think? (maybe no parry), then goes into super/ultra from there?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I have a suspicion Escape would beat me at SFII even if I picked Ken.

I'm only properly good at the Namcos. With Capcom it's love/hate dabbling with the odd flourish.

nick_md wrote:
    ryu parries then goes into his 3hit absorb armour attack I think? (maybe no parry), then goes into super/ultra from there?

Yeah, the parry's fine, it's the armoured blow-up into free super I'm down on. Armour eats single hits, so typically you have to use multihit moves, throws or fast combos to beat them, and those tend to be negative on block (except throw techs). That ranges from giving away your turn to a free punish.

It's like if Tekken 7's powercrush moves led to juggles, instead of being used mostly as get-off-mes. If you compare Gigas' d+1+2 at 2:34 here:

That has pretty slow startup at 30f, does quite low damage, and only has a follow-up if it wallsplats the opponent. His d+3+4 (shown next) has full upper armour, but no attack. He can win a turn or punish anything reckless with it.
  • We'll see I guess. I'm not hopeful for the series atm but I'm gonna play it and see.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm surprised there aren't more doubting Thomases about its apparent meter dominance, but then since Shoryuken's forum closed I wouldn't know where to look.
  • That gif looks exactly like a focus attack into ultra (sf4).
    Drive meter is basically a stamina meter for rebranded concepts: tactical movement, fadc, ex specials, parry, alpha counters.

My guess is the game will lean heavily on parry as it fills the drive meter faster. The drive meter will be the main meter to manage because if you're out of stamina you're a sitting duck.

SF6 is essentially a 'best of SF' taking the most popular features of titles past and trying to re-implement/update them tying them to it's own meter? Let's hope there's balance with offense/defense play to keep things fair and interesting.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Escape wrote:
    I'm surprised there aren't more doubting Thomases about its apparent meter dominance, but then since Shoryuken's forum closed I wouldn't know where to look.

Most people I've seen comment on it on YouTube seem to be big on meter management as a game concept. Can't say it's one of my most favourite things in modern fighters but it does seem interesting.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've always been a fan of meter for some characters but not all. I used 3S Akuma and Viper because they barely needed any, allowing their normals to be stronger. I think universal mechanics reduce variety at best, and dominate at worst.

Drive meter is basically a stamina meter for rebranded concepts: tactical movement, fadc, ex specials, parry, alpha counters. My guess is the game will lean heavily on parry as it fills the drive meter faster.

In the current build it's full at the start of every round, and I think it slowly refills automatically.

Wong also doesn't get DI at 6:25, covering the silliness of autoparry at 7:10. 13:50 crystallises my DI complaint.

• Played the demo. Played a few matches with the boy. Liking the fight system although just seems slow.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I still want my girl Makoto back damnit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!