Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Booked to see Eraserhead next week in our local indie cinema. Should be a trip.
    I really want to see this one again. Have only seen it the once, and I remember it came with a “Good luck with that one,” from the guy in the video shop where I rented it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I remember being asked several times if I wanted to rent Irreversible by the lass at Blockbuster. She looked partly disgusted when I kept repeating yes
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Probably not a film to see actually tripping. Might leave lasting scars.

Heh. Indeed.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Booked to see Eraserhead next week in our local indie cinema. Should be a trip.
    I really want to see this one again. Have only seen it the once, and I remember it came with a “Good luck with that one,” from the guy in the video shop where I rented it.

Watched it a few times. But not in years. Have it on DVD and it has an amusing Lynch interview as an extra.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Men

I liked this. At least I think I did.
    First 3/4 is very good but then it goes a bit... Too far.

Very on the nose symbolism but I think I enjoyed it!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nobody was kinda nonsense but fun enough
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Nobody was kinda nonsense but fun enough

Oh I loved it :) some fantastic fight scenes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 80. Jurassic World Dominion
    I enjoyed this more than I probably should have but also a bit less as it went on. Some cool visuals and set pieces early on that then descended into the usual action for action sake and nothing more.
    [6]
  • Main issue with Dominion for me was that there were too many characters. It meant the movie took too long to get to dinosaurs running riot (the reason we are all there).
    The big climatic action sequence I think I counted 7 or 8 main characters all huddled together.

Call backs to JP were a bit on the nose as well.
  • Yeah you're right there. I didn't mind some of the talking moments, I thought the old cast made it better than it probably deserved, but there was definitely a dino lull in the middle. There was also no danger to any of the action in the last third really, makes it less exciting.
    I don't think I've actually met someone who thinks that non-story callbacks to old films are a good idea or improve the new film, just takes me out of it. I guess they're out there though, touching themselves over a shaving cream can.

I did like all the puppets though. Some really nice animatronic work.
  • 81. Lightyear
    Nice to see a Pixar on the big screen again but this was a bit too bland and by the numbers for me. With some original ideas and less blunt force storytelling and it could have been okay. Andy must have been a dull child if this was his favourite movie.
    [5]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched two films again, both of which I wanted to see if my previous watch was just me not getting it/not being in the mood.

Noroi.

Everyone raves about this being a stand out gem in horror. Its absolute fucking shit. Not scary, shit acting, shit atmosphere. Fucking Japanese Lake Mungo.

Hereditary.

I was wrong. It's not as good as Midsommar but there's some great stuff in here. Collette holy shit. Strong film, easy a 7.5. I think I went in with pre-judgement first time.
  • I had to watch Hereditary twice to appreciate it.
    There was way too much hype on release which it couldn't live up to.
    It's a decent movie, better than most horror but that isn't saying much, it's a genre with a high ratio of trash.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I still stand by the ending, the last three minutes or so, being real fucking bad. Feels like a dress rehearsal for Midsommar.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    On that note time to give It Follows another go. Let's see if it is that good (it won't be).
  • Heh. Loved It Follows. Shat me up real good cos I lived in an apartment and knew I wouldn't be able to escape if I was in that position.

Have you watched the found footage doco on Shudder DS? Supposed to be quite good. That and the folk horror one. I think I need to watch Hanging Rock before I do though as I think it doesn't mind showing clips from the end of movies
  • I still stand by the ending, the last three minutes or so, being real fucking bad. Feels like a dress rehearsal for Midsommar.

I'm a sucker for stuff like that so I quite enjoyed it. I feel like more movies need to just go pedal to the metal with their endings.
    The Suspiria remake tried to but just messed up the execution.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It Follows is great.  There’s one scene in that film that even I found really intense/scary.
    Get schwifty.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    They should call the sequel It Follows Through.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Watched The Lost Daughter last night. Thought it was kinda alright - acting was pretty good, and I guess the meandering "plot" was enjoyable though. Won't be for all though, I suspect, cos not a lot really happens...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Speaking of horror, I am so excited there’s a new Hellraiser film coming out later this year, and not a super lazy+budget sequel. David Bruckner has proven himself to be a quality director with The Ritual and The Night House. Disappointed it’s not going to cinemas, but I’ll take it wherever I can get it. The original Hellraiser is still one of the greatest horror films ever made.
    Get schwifty.
  • Uncharted
    Dumb fun with Tom Holland and Mark Whalberg playing at being B-tier Indiana Jones wannabes. Innofensive trash.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Speaking of horror, I am so excited there’s a new Hellraiser film coming out later this year, and not a super lazy+budget sequel. David Bruckner has proven himself to be a quality director with The Ritual and The Night House. Disappointed it’s not going to cinemas, but I’ll take it wherever I can get it. The original Hellraiser is still one of the greatest horror films ever made.

Yeah him doing it has me excited. Loved both of his films
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have those docs on my to watch list Shabby, might do this week.

Which seen absolutely terrified you, , Raiz? I found it hilariously bad.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    They should call the sequel It Follows Through.

:D Lovely.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    IWhich seen absolutely terrified you, , Raiz? I found it hilariously bad.

The original Hellraiser film. It was totally new and I was maybe 16 at the time. It was close to the first ever horror film I ever watched.

Some context, maybe: when I was young I was always utterly terrified by things while also being a little fascinated by them. Little me used to try and watch stuff like Doctor Who (some of that shit was positively sinister at the time) and Sapphire and Steel. Hellraiser was sort of like a frontier film for me. For some reason I watched it when it first came out and, while I was scared shitless, I found out like I loved the sensation.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    And for what’s it’s worth, I still think Barker’s original Hellraiser is a great film, and deserves to be counted among the greatest horror films of all time.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah Hellraiser is a banger, love that film. I thought you meant a bit in It Follows terrified you!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah Hellraiser is a banger, love that film. I thought you meant a bit in It Follows terrified you!

Oh shit, sorry. Totally misread. Okay: the bit near the beginning where she’s terrified someone is in the house, and that big guy comes through the door.
    Get schwifty.
  • I thought it follows was scary.

The bit
    Spoiler:

I saw it at a late night film festival screening. Was a good session, everyone was into it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!