EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No, my game I started developing and then abandoned. :(
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    OK, I'm finally getting somewhere.

FdCdyBxXgAA5hpu.jpg

It's hard to tell from a still image but the map is genuinely tile based and the player sprite can move around and collide appropriately with the trees, water etc. using the built-in tilemap-based collision tools (and by design shouldn't be able to reach the HUD but that has collision too).

I'm quite happy with this.

The downside is movement is very slow and also seems quite fussy from what I remember of Zelda 1 as you have to align exactly with the grid map to get through the trees, which seems quite fussy. I'll have to check out the original game to see if you're forced to align with the tile map. Will have to have a tinker. This is a decent start though.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Ooooooooooooooh. I wanna play!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'd buy that for a dollar
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I might try and get back on it this weekend.
  • I am probably like many people, love the design of the machine but not sure I would play it much as the games look so basic
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I am probably like many people, love the design of the machine but not sure I would play it much as the games look so basic

They are basic, and that is honestly the appeal for me - they're not games to sink hours into. They're 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Small 3-4 quid little curios that, at their best, leverage the hardware to make something unique.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There are some 3D games now! It’s all kicking off.
    They are basic, and that is honestly the appeal for me - they're not games to sink hours into. They're 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Small 3-4 quid little curios that, at their best, leverage the hardware to make something unique.
    Yeah but for the guts of £200 I’m still not sure…

Yeah but for the guts of £200 I’m still not sure…

Oh, for sure - it's an expensive buy in for what is, more than any other console I've owned, a toy. I was lucky enough to get one as a gift (thanks Shabby!), so I didn't have to dip into my own pocket.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think it depends on how much you’re interested in stepping off the beaten path. Like the weird specs have actually produced a unique and interesting ecosystem and there is a bunch of decent stuff to play but if you’d never play an indie game on a mainstream gaming device, you aren’t going to magically find a lot of interest you with this.
  • I will no doubt end up getting one, would have one already if it was half the price.
    I probably play indies 75% of the time but it’s normally rougelikes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!