Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    To those enjoying this game, good on ya gents.
  • I tried man. I gave it a go an errything. It was just...nonsensical.
  • This is odd.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/16/watch-dogs-pc-mod-makes-it-look-as-good-as-ubisofts-e3-2012-demo/

Seems ubi left out a ton of grafxwow from PC version. Too much gap between PC and ps4? Lazy devs? By most accounts makes the game much prettier.
  • Some people are going full retard over this. The depth of field effects are off because it's retarded blurring some of the screen, for no gameplay purpose, when you don't know where the player is looking. Some of the missing effects freak out in conjunction with other missing effects on some setups.

Besides that, who skips buying a game for their console because the PC version that looks better looks even better? What's the motive?
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • It looks a fuckload better with the mod, i'll say that, messing with it now. Pity the annoying lags during driving are there
  • I'm really enjoying this after is took me while to get into it. The protagonist is the worst amalgam of tortured action heroes with a past-complete with stock gravel voice, and the story tests your boredom gland at times but it's a little cracker. Loads of options with the hacking during gunplay, solid driving mechanics, great online options and you defo get your money's worth.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • You do realise Spock , you're gonna be burnt on a stake now !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Upon reading this thread back a few pages, I wish I had curbed my enthusiasm. That said, fuck it, good game!

*hides in "bunker"*
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Yeah , I agree I've enjoyed it so far
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Good on ya Spock, gamings awesome at the moment.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Bagged this off some random for £20 (PS4 version) for no reason other than to shove it with the rest of the games I never play. Surprise-surprise, its actually very enjoyable! I guess that's what you get when you're not expecting much.

The gameworld they've created is very well done (not GTA standards, but what is). Its densely populated, primarily with morons, but it feels alive. The driving is too twitchy, and the cops way too aggressive. I've been resorting to sneaky tactics and hiding when the heat's on. I was initially grenade launcher-ing the fuck out of everyone (great explosions btw) but it escalates way outta control and I soon run out of ammo.

Graphically its a very mixed affair. Shoddy and basic in places. Yet at other times (normally when its dark and/or raining) it looks stunning! I shared a shot earlier that looked something straight out of Fincher's Seven.

I got invaded too which was very neat. Shame the cops were all over me at the time so we couldn't play proper cat & mouse. But I'd made my way to the top of a multi-storey car park for a better vantage point and got lucky as I was picking off civilians with my sniper. Sent that fucker scampering. lol!

So yeah. Overall a very pleasant surprise. And a bargain to boot. ^_^
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Good to hear that! I'm looking forward to picking it up on PS Plus in a few months time (I suspect it will be a likely candidate, like Sleeping Dogs was).
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • I'm really enjoying Watch Dogs. Currently sitting at just over 50% complete, mission 1 of chapter 4. The main story is ok, not spectacular but not worthy of the trashing it's been given here and in reviews. I find the side stories far more fun and interesting and the online hacking is superb. After discovering a player tailing for the first time I've become quite paranoid. Knowing that a player can be in your game at any point makes me suspicious of any strange npc activity. It's paying off though. It's a good feeling wasting another hacker when he thought he was being uber sneaky and clever. Hacking others is great fun too, watching them panic and lose their head as they run out of time. It seems that the more you do it the more it happens to you in response.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can someone explain the online hacking thing to me please?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's almost like the subject of this thread should be changed
  • The hacking gets broken down into two groups: tailing and hacking. In both cases you are dropped into another player's city. They usually don't know you are coming but occasional they will get a heads up that another hacker is after them or if they have a bounty on their heads they'll be paranoid anyways. They target will be going about their general gameplay, wandering about or driving or even in the middle of a shoot out with cops or gangs. To profile you simply have to stay within a close (ish) distance to your target and have either eyes or a camera on them. Hit 100% without being spotted and you pass. The target should never even know you were there. You will be targeted for profiling quite regularly and never even know it.
    Hacking is different. You must get close enough to your target to hack their phone. You then have a minute (I think) to begin the full hack. The target now knows you're there but not where you are. Once you initiate the full hack the target gets an approximate location for you on the map which shrinks over time as your hack percentage increases. Hit 100% and you win and your game worlds split.
    In both cases if you are spotted you need to run. The hacker cannot attack the target but the target can and will kill you. This can lead to some great chases across the city as you try to get away or chase each other. It's my favourite part of the game by far. Sneaking up on people and watching them goof around in the own worlds is great fun as is the buzz of trying to find your hacker as the clocks ticks away.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well that sounds like great fun to me.
  • It's great fun. Keep an eye for profilers following you. Watch and listen for strange things. Cars abandoned in the road, crashes, broken scenery. I spotted one guy just by his bad driving. Was standing on a long straight road and heard him coming from a mile away, revving and swerving through the traffic. Fired at him before I'd even profiled him. When the kill came up I jumped off the sofa. Cool moment.
  • Ih there a punishment for being hacked/tailed?
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    It's great fun. Keep an eye for profilers following you. Watch and listen for strange things. Cars abandoned in the road, crashes, broken scenery. I spotted one guy just by his bad driving. Was standing on a long straight road and heard him coming from a mile away, revving and swerving through the traffic. Fired at him before I'd even profiled him. When the kill came up I jumped off the sofa. Cool moment.

That sounds amazing! I'm quite tempted to buy it tomorrow now!
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Chief wrote:
    Ih there a punishment for being hacked/tailed?

It seems to work on a points = notoriety, ranking system. The more you invade and succeed, the more likely you are to get invaded, because you're considered a big catch. You don't lose anything campaign related.

I had a fair few invasions today. The highlight being some sneaky fucker who was hiding in a skip down a back alley. He/she had me at 99% scanned before I emptied my auto-shotgun in his/her back.
  • There's achievements and unlocks for tailing and hacking and a separate score system which leads to even more unlocks and another achievement. They are really hard to get though tbh. The higher your score the bigger the target you become and the better the hacker are that will come after you. Usually. You do get some that are complete buffoons and others who are apparently psychic and know where you are before you do. I got sniped by a guy from miles away as I tried to catch up with him on the freeway.
  • Patch notes for this were released today. Not sure if it's live or not.
    Biggest change: you can now hack friends! About time too.
  • So I bought this. I can't shoot and drive... But its alright. I think?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Yeah, fairly decent overall. 

The online hacking encounters were by far the best bits for me.
  • Is online hacking when somebody has a purple bit over their head and you shoot them in the face? Maybe i'm just coming across idiots.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • it's basically hide and seek. If you're being hacked you need to find and shoot their face before they get all your data and escape. Reverse if you're the one hacking/invading.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My PS4 owning mate was asking what we could co-op now I have a PS4 also and said he had Destiny unopened. Sounded like a good thing for us to play through the story together so I grabbed that and this in the 2 for £10 deal at Game. Had a go of Watch Dogs last night and it seems alright so far.

I was expecting a broken mess from the bad rep it seems to have, I'm pleasantly surprised.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Enjoying the invasions on this. They're really quite tense. Had a great one last night where someone was downloading my data and I couldn't for the life of me find him.

Running around frantically(!) hunting for him and I noticed somebody sat in a car on a car park. It didn't sit right and sure enough I scanned and found the fucker. Crafty. A quick spray of my SMG through the windscreen sorted him out, 96% of the download completed. Good fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!