Guess that film
  • Nobody has got my second one yet.
    Yeah, I didn't know it.
  • For page turn:

Here's a few. Nothing too obscure:

1. The next morning, Mike disobeys his father's orders by sneaking out to go sailing with his friends, taking his younger brother Sean with him to keep him silent. Marge, another teen, takes Sean with her, and they head out on six separate boats, going past a team of divers led by instructor Tom Andrews.

2. The next day, the boys swim across a swamp and discover that it is filled with leeches.

3. On Halloween, after Daniel sprays water on Johnny with a hose while he's rolling a joint, he and his gang pursue Daniel down the street and, after pulling him down from a fence he attempts to climb, savagely beat him...

4. Two weeks later, the Minister demonstrates Alex's rehabilitation to a gathering of officials. Alex is unable to fight back against an actor who taunts and attacks him and becomes ill wanting sex with a topless woman. 

5. Although distraught over the notion of being executed while innocent, John tells Paul that he wishes to die; he views the world as a cruel place and constantly feels the cruelty of humanity like shards of glass in his head. 
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Getting the obvious one.

Spoiler:

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Three of my top films in that list Tbf.
  • I know no. 4. That’s it. 2 and 5 sound familiar.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    10 Best Picture Winners

Go

1) Joe tries to make money by receiving oral sex from a young man in a movie theater, but learns after the act that the young man has no money. Joe threatens him and asks for his watch, but eventually lets him go unharmed.

2) During a raid on a warehouse, James discovers a body he believes is Beckham, in which a bomb has been surgically implanted. During the evacuation, Lieutenant Colonel John Cambridge, the camp's psychiatrist and a friend of Eldridge, is killed in an explosion; Eldridge blames himself for his death.

3) Jergens announces over the loudspeaker that the fight was "the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring".

4) In the ensuing shootout, Munny shoots Bill and kills several of his deputies before ordering the bystanders to leave the saloon. Critically wounded, Bill promises to see Munny in hell before Munny executes him.

5) As Terry increasingly leans toward testifying, Friendly decides that Terry must be killed unless Charley can coerce him into keeping quiet. Charley tries bribing Terry, offering him a good job where he can receive kickbacks without any physical work, and finally threatens Terry by holding a gun against him, but recognizes that he has failed to sway Terry, who blames his own downward spiral on his well-off brother.

6) Flynn tells her to accept it, and admits that he tampered with her diary himself, in order to incriminate the district attorney and also free two clients at once. Amos remains loyal and excited to be a father, but Roxie cruelly rejects him, revealing that she is not pregnant, and he finally leaves her.

7) Tibbs asks Wood to re-trace his car patrol route on the night of the murder, and Gillespie joins them. Tibbs reveals that Wood has changed the route of his patrol. Gillespie discovers that Wood made a sizable deposit into his bank account the day after the murder.

8) One night, Juan encounters Paula smoking crack with one of his customers. Juan berates her for her addiction and neglecting her son, but she rebukes him for selling crack to her in the first place, all the while they argue over Chiron's upbringing.

9) The Horton family moves from Houston to Des Moines and eventually to Nebraska, apparently for Flap's career, but mostly so he can be near his girlfriend. Emma is diagnosed with cancer, which becomes terminal.

10) While they are incarcerated, Don asks to call his lawyer and instead uses the opportunity to reach Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, who pressures the governor into releasing them.

Answers below .
    1)
    Spoiler:

2)
    Spoiler:

3)
    Spoiler:

4)
    Spoiler:

5)
    Spoiler:

6)
    Spoiler:

7)
    Spoiler:

8 )
    Spoiler:

9)
    Spoiler:

10)
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jon's I'm thinking

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Jon's

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Not no 1
    Spoiler:
    And I wish that was no 5, but no.

b0r1s got them all right if anyone wants to check answers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    For page turn: Here's a few. Nothing too obscure: 1. The next morning, Mike disobeys his father's orders by sneaking out to go sailing with his friends, taking his younger brother Sean with him to keep him silent. Marge, another teen, takes Sean with her, and they head out on six separate boats, going past a team of divers led by instructor Tom Andrews. 2. The next day, the boys swim across a swamp and discover that it is filled with leeches. 3. On Halloween, after Daniel sprays water on Johnny with a hose while he's rolling a joint, he and his gang pursue Daniel down the street and, after pulling him down from a fence he attempts to climb, savagely beat him... 4. Two weeks later, the Minister demonstrates Alex's rehabilitation to a gathering of officials. Alex is unable to fight back against an actor who taunts and attacks him and becomes ill wanting sex with a topless woman.  5. Although distraught over the notion of being executed while innocent, John tells Paul that he wishes to die; he views the world as a cruel place and constantly feels the cruelty of humanity like shards of glass in his head. 
    Spoiler:
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Only got 2 and 4 but 3 is doing my head in.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Although 5 sounds like the worst Beatles movie ever.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Definitely gonna kick yourself with number 3 Davyk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just googled 3 and wtf of course.
  • JonB wrote:
    Not no 1
    Spoiler:
    And I wish that was no 5, but no.

b0r1s got them all right if anyone wants to check answers.

Ffs, jumped the gun. It's
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I just googled 3 and wtf of course.

It’s always like that with this. Until you see it.
  • Mine’s easy. But in the spirit of the OP of it being a wtf moment, I don’t think it can be beat. It’s probably the scariest thing I’ve ever seen tbh.

At a diner called Winkie's, a man tells his companion about a nightmare in which he dreamt there was a horrible figure behind the diner. When they investigate, the figure appears, causing the man with the nightmare to collapse in fright.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh check us out with our matching guesses, that means it must be right, right?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Another one from me...

Emily dismisses the phone call and tells Brendan to let her go. Brendan steals her notepad and finds a note that leads him to her dead body in a tunnel the following morning. Distraught, Brendan decides to investigate her murder, hiding the body to avoid police intrusion.
  • I'm pretty sure we're right but I don't recall the collapsing in fright part.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This quote popped into my head today. Name the film.
    ??? wrote:
    I like simple pleasures like butter in my ass and lollipops in my mouth.
  • Anchorman? (I was gonna post that as a joke answer but now I kind of believe it.)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nope

It's from one of the best scenes in a masterclass of a film.
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

splutter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!