Guess that film
  • JonB wrote:
    Alan and Tequila continue shooting gangsters, leading to Alan accidentally killing a cop. The duo eventually engage Mad Dog. While Tequila leaves to assist Chang with the babies, Alan and Mad Dog find themselves in a standoff with nurses and patients caught in the middle. 
    Spoiler:
  • Great fuckin movie.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Haven't seen that in aaaages. What a film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Meanwhile, a mysterious hooded figure uses a blowpipe to shoot Bentley Bobster and Reverend Duncan Nesbitt with hallucinogenic thorns, causing the men to experience nightmare-like hallucinations (Bobster thinks to be attacked by a cooked bird and by his own objects, while Nesbitt thinks he sees a stained-glass figure of a knight come to life and try to kill him), resulting in their deaths by jumping out of a window and being run over by a carriage.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gotta be
    Spoiler:
  • I’m coming late to this thread, but Muzzy’s was the first one I could nail.
    acemuzzy wrote:
    if he succeeds, Kathryn will have sex with him, as Kathryn is the only girl Sebastian has failed to bed.

Spoiler:

Cupatay wrote:
    Dunno about the last 2 but I'll throw one up... Dejected and disappointed at their direction in life and wanting more, Gary convinces the uptight Wyatt that they need a boost of popularity in order to get their crushes away from Ian and Max. Alone for the weekend with Wyatt's parents gone, Gary is inspired by the 1931 classic Frankenstein
    Spoiler:

LivDiv wrote:
    Now I have bothered to read what is going on here. ...taken to an underground facility, where their memories are removed to disks and their blue skin changed to make them resemble humans. They are fitted with mind-control devices hidden in sunglasses.

Spoiler:

Gremill wrote:
    Meanwhile, a mysterious hooded figure uses a blowpipe to shoot Bentley Bobster and Reverend Duncan Nesbitt with hallucinogenic thorns, causing the men to experience nightmare-like hallucinations (Bobster thinks to be attacked by a cooked bird and by his own objects, while Nesbitt thinks he sees a stained-glass figure of a knight come to life and try to kill him), resulting in their deaths by jumping out of a window and being run over by a carriage.
    Spoiler:
  • Gremil
    Spoiler:
    Underrated, big love for the score too.  Custard tarts!
  • Gremill wrote:
    Meanwhile, a mysterious hooded figure uses a blowpipe to shoot Bentley Bobster and Reverend Duncan Nesbitt with hallucinogenic thorns, causing the men to experience nightmare-like hallucinations (Bobster thinks to be attacked by a cooked bird and by his own objects, while Nesbitt thinks he sees a stained-glass figure of a knight come to life and try to kill him), resulting in their deaths by jumping out of a window and being run over by a carriage.
    Spoiler:
  • nick_md wrote:
    Third clue:

As the meteorite is too hot to touch, he douses it with water, causing it to crack open and spew a glowing blue substance that comes into contact with his skin.

Vickers sets up closed-circuit TV cameras so he can watch them die from the comfort of his well-appointed beach house.

Northrup sees the creature as a way to rid himself of his perpetually drunk, obnoxious and emotionally abusive wife, Wilma, whom he often daydreams of killing.

Answer if anyone didn't get it
    Spoiler:

• Not seen it.  It's on my list.
  • I knew the stained glass knight would give it away, but I just liked the name Bentley Bobster.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Now I have bothered to read what is going on here.

...taken to an underground facility, where their memories are removed to disks and their blue skin changed to make them resemble humans. They are fitted with mind-control devices hidden in sunglasses.

I had to look this one up, but it's not They Live.
  • Oooh, intriguing. A classic bait-and-switch?
  • Gremill wrote:
    Haven't seen that in aaaages. What a film.
    Me neither. I feel like it's time for another watch.

I also got yours from the stained glass knight. Probably the only thing I remember from the entire film, which I don't think I've seen since watching it at the cinema.
  • That stained glass bit was the first fully CGI character in a movie, wasn’t it? A proper watershed moment.
  • I believe so.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yup. I remember the hype around that stained glass scene. Sticks out in my mind too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's all about the nightmare cake people though.
  • One from me. 

“Caul, his colleague Stan and some freelance associates have taken on the task of bugging the conversation of a couple as they walk through crowded Union Square in San Francisco, surrounded by a cacophony of background noise. Amid the small-talk, the couple discuss fears that they are being watched, and mention a discreet meeting at a hotel room in a few days. The challenging task of recording this conversation is accomplished by multiple surveillance operatives located in different positions around the square.”
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hmmmmaybe that’s too easy.
  • I'd presume that is...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    I'd presume that is...
    Spoiler:

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yep. Too easy.

I’ll have to find a more cryptic one that is also unique to the film. Not easy this.
  • I thought it was probably that but I've not actually seen it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spoiler:

Still got it wrong lol
  • It’s literally got the name of the film on the second line. But I guess you gotta know the film name in first place to see it stand out.
  • I guess I’ll only look up my favourite or well known films.
  • Nobody has got my second one yet.
  • Here's a few. Nothing too obscure:

1. The next morning, Mike disobeys his father's orders by sneaking out to go sailing with his friends, taking his younger brother Sean with him to keep him silent. Marge, another teen, takes Sean with her, and they head out on six separate boats, going past a team of divers led by instructor Tom Andrews.

2. The next day, the boys swim across a swamp and discover that it is filled with leeches.

3. On Halloween, after Daniel sprays water on Johnny with a hose while he's rolling a joint, he and his gang pursue Daniel down the street and, after pulling him down from a fence he attempts to climb, savagely beat him...

4. Two weeks later, the Minister demonstrates Alex's rehabilitation to a gathering of officials. Alex is unable to fight back against an actor who taunts and attacks him and becomes ill wanting sex with a topless woman. 

5. Although distraught over the notion of being executed while innocent, John tells Paul that he wishes to die; he views the world as a cruel place and constantly feels the cruelty of humanity like shards of glass in his head. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!