Movie record 2020 edition
  • 66. Fighting With My Family
    An enjoyable, if cliched at times, wrestling story. Florence Pugh elevates everything she's in
    [7]
  • 27. The Breakfast Club. Never seen this before. Still stands up as a good representation of the travails of youth, despite the all the 80s-ness.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Classic. Brilliant film.
  • It's not as good as the episode of Dawson's Creek where they all get detention.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Breastfuck Club is better.
  • 80. Maniac Cop
    Old skool slasher lite. Apeshit undead rozzer causes bother in NY. Stars Bruce Campbell and that guy Tom Atkin. 6

81. Get Him To The Greek
    Very decent comedy from the Apatow stable. Great performance from Brand and Diddy puts in a show stealing turn. 8
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    80. Maniac Cop
    Old skool slasher lite. Apeshit undead rozzer causes bother in NY. Stars Bruce Campbell and that guy Tom Atkin. 6

81. Get Him To The Greek
    Very decent comedy from the Apatow stable. Great performance from Brand and Diddy puts in a show stealing turn. 8

Youve sold me on Maniac Cop
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'd known about it for years, going back to the days of browsing the old video stores, but never seen it. I was expecting it to be a more gory, graphic watch but it's pretty tame tbh. Still worth a watch just on the premise and the cast.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You had me at Bruce Campbell
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I went in not realising he was in it and had a little trouser twitch when he popped up.
  • I don't even remember him being in it tbh. It'a one of those daft films we used to rent from the local video store for booze and vids nights with the lads, back in the late 80s/early 90s. In fact I'm pretty sure we even had the poster for it on the wall in the old flat back in the day, but it can't be all that, because I remember literally nothing about it. So maybe don't expect much.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Aye, the title and the poster are more a triumph than the film.
  • Wasn’t there a Maniac Cop 2?
  • ... and 3. Some rumours of a remake of 1.
  • 28. 12 Angry Men. Absolutely class, deserving of such a high place in IMDB's top 250 list (which is the reason I decided to watch it). This film should be necessary viewing for all younglings, especially in the US. There only seemed to be about 8 or 9 angry men though really.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Ip Man 4
    A very fitting finale to the Ip Man saga and an emotional farewell to Grandmaster Ip Man. 
    Donnie Yen's best performance yet. Just loved it.
  • Farewell?! Spoiler!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sorry, it's called the final so presumed it meant the last time he played the character
  • Sorry, the finale
  • Just kidding, kinda know it from the trailer
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 67. Mississippi Grind
    I liked it until they seemed to muddle up the message of the film. Still not really sure what they were going for really. Great performances though
    [6]
  • 12. Logan Lucky
    Entertaining redneck heist with a fantastic soundtrack and some chirpy performances from actors who look like they are having a grand old time. (7)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 82. Society
    Billy from Baywatch finds family life is a beach in this amusingly dark social satire. 7

83. Ma
    Slightly far fetched and under cooked, wronged woman, psychological revenge thriller. Could have been much better. 6
  • Watched Society again last year, it's pure schlocky but surprisingly good imo, and not just for that ending.
  • Also, always loved the original cover design, stood out to me as a kid in the video shop:

EPFwqax.jpg
  • Aye, never saw it back in the day. I enjoyed the stylised, slightly stilted nature of it. I wondered if it might benefit from a remake. I feel like it could translate over to today's society, similar angle but the 'body horror' elements might benefit from some modern trickery. I enjoyed the schlockiness but the Prime HD version is clear enough that you can see the latex texturing... which either adds to or detracts from the film depending how you look at it.
  • Ha, between that and Maniac Cop, they don't make posters like they used to.
  • It was a golden period.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I think there was talk of a remake, I remember wiki'ing the film when I rewatched last year. There was also a comic book I think.

Luckily my version was just dvd, but even then the effects didn't have the same impact as they did when I first saw it in my teens. I still like 'em.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!