The Last of the Mario Kart Wine
  • igorge, some tips from watching your vid.

and this tip goes to all of you as its probably the single most important tip for this race and all the other races.

How to MT by Maria;

Drive in a straight line. As soon as you turn the kart you start to slow down.

What alot of people do when doing an MT is to flick left of right on the circle pad and then tap R to go into the slide. I can see you doing this on some of your turns. This is like the mk64 style of mt. This is BAD on this version.

To MT properly do this.. drive in a straight line, jump first and as you are in the air start turning. This is the way to MT. You can try this really easily on Luigi Raceway as you start on a straight. You will see how much you gain on your old ghost immediately. The results are like one of those colgate adverts.

Obviously not all turns can be done like this, and in the slalom part of koopa city you can't space with straight driving etc so so as you can but where you can, space the mt with jump then turn. Jump and turn at the same time is a mid point between the wrong way and the right way but its a bad habit so try to just practice jump then turn before landing.

Also your shrooming is wrong... (sorry to be blunt), first shroom is going into lap two, when you hit the blue zipper before the line at the end of lap 1, then shroom to the corner. The 2nd shroom is the left facing one to cut the dark blue part of the track. Same for lap 3.

hope some of that helps you and others.

Also change your kart!!!!! growler is too slidey and thats why you're going really wide coming out of the S bend.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • also on the plane to moscow I banged out a time i'm more than pleased with. Funnily by taking my own advice :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    To MT properly do this.. drive in a straight line, jump first and as you are in the air start turning.
    Top tip, i'll be using that from now on!
  • will post my time when I can bare to take Oot out of my 3ds.
  • New wr on nbc/koopa city. Dont even try half of the stuff he's doing. He's doing mt's in places which aren't proper straights which is a newish technique and not so fun. His shroom strat is interesting and makes sense for his level though. Where he hits the wall is not a defect in the run but its been calculated to be quicker to go for the red mt and clip the wall than go for the blue mt and not clip the wall. Enjoy/marvel

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Oh good, I still have time on the latest time trial compo. I was internet-less for a couple of days and worried I'd missed the deadline.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • 01:58:806 Its coming, just gotta string 3 laps together without choking, almost broke the 00:37:00 mark.

The circle pad pro has done wonders in dealing with my hand cramp prob.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Cunning use of the CPP, I like it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Starting to get the hang of this now, getting bowser/koopa clown/red wheels through the track without any misshaps. Got my time down to 2'04 now. Good but not good enough. The ghost I'm racing leaves me for dust on the first lap, just don't understand how!
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Cunning use of the CPP, I like it.

SHAME THE RIGHT SHOULDER BUTTON DOESNT WORK. SRY FOR CAP ATTACK, PHONE LOCKS TO CAPS ON SOME OF MY VISITS HERE.
  • Aaaaahh, thats better.

You getting 10 coins on your first lap vas & using the lap 1 mushroom before the final ramp?

My bug bear is shaving that chicane better & trying to land better for corner 3 after using mushy 1.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's what I'm doing, going for the ten coins on lap one, saving the third mushroom for later. I either use it on the last ramp or just before/during the final tunnel before the corner with the puddles on lap 3.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    1:57.587.

Shaved off 0.2 seconds by using mk64's mini-turbo tips, and making sure I only pull up once on the flying short cut. Plus, I got a bit braver about getting to the inside of those un-walled corners. Don't think I'll beat that in a hurry. :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    also on the plane to moscow I banged out a time i'm more than pleased with. Funnily by taking my own advice :)

Hold the phone, Moscow?
  • Yea my wife is Russian and over there changing her name in her national passport. Also staying there for most of the summer to spend time with her family and friends. So I've got comparatively a lot of gaming time to hand.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Awesome!
  • 2u6eg7b.jpg

Plane + 3ds = pr's.
  • 2:01.339.  (It'll be sub 2' by the weekend).
  • any more vids for me to analyse?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    1:59.901

Nice. :)
    mk64 wrote:
    any more vids for me to analyse?

I've not really got any good way of making one, sadly.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Don't think I'm going to beat this by tomorrow, so here's photographic proof.

Photoon2012-07-01at1441.jpg
  • imag0099yo.th.jpg

....& thats with a dodgy lap 2, breaking the 01:56:00 barrier is on if I can get the time & focus like a ninja.
  • Well that worked out as planned, I fail at forumzzz's
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Click to embiggen.
  • How can I attach images from an iPhone? Is that even possible?
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Photobucket (or equivalent) app?
  • 6a305720.jpg
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!