Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Wow, I didn't realise you could go on the inside of that first puddle. STOLEN.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    B-b-but it's only one track so it takes less than three minutes.

.....& hours to perfect.

OK I AM IN ON THE NEXT ONE!  FOR THE B&B I WILL SUFFER THE PAIN.

BTW, SORRY FOR THE CAP ABUSE, PHONE KEYBOARD HAS LOCKED FOR SOME FUNKY REASON.
  • DO THE CHARACTERS MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THIS VERSION?  I ONLY ASK AS I HAVE BEEN A TOAD PURIST ON EVERY VERSION RELEASED, WOULDNT FEEL RIGHT NOT USING THE LITTLE FELLOW.
  • 1:59.428. Using all the tips mk64 gave us, I managed to shave off 5 seconds my previous time!
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Yeah, I think the characters still effect weight and balance. Probably this time around the vehicles you create can make all the difference though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hodgepodge wrote:
    1:59.428.

CURSES.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • cindemon wrote:
    I would love to compete in this, alas, I suffer from major 3DS cramps in my hands after more than 10 mins.  I must be getting old.
    Probably just undue tension in hands/shoulders/arms.

• Oh, didnt know character made much difference. I'm using Mii at the moment. Haven't unlocked all the stuff yet like metal Mario.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • the key characters are metal mario and the heavyweights/bowser or wario
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • As they were on the SNES I guess (DK and Bowser). Silly me, should have known.

EDIT: I guess what I was thinking was that when you are choosing a character, it doesn't show any attributes, but when you choose kart and parts etc, stats are shown, therefore character doesn't matter. If they showed base stats for each character, it would have been clearer.
  • according to the prima guide and other sad rigerous testing there are lots of hidden stats as well. My friend developed a website to show you stats. I'll dig it up later.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cool, cheers!
  • 1'57"435 and only went on the inside of the puddle once. I dont think I can do the flight bit very well yet but i'll rewatch the video. I can make 0.2 by the 5th corner on my ghost on a tight run so i've definitely got room for improvement. Need to also work out the best way to nail the chicane as i think i'm going a bit wide on the final right mt.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Talking about stats, I found this while digging around online.

It seems that your over all stats are based on the character, and then modified by the bonuses conferred by the kart and wheels that you're using. The wiki even breaks down the speed bonuses by land, sea and air - so if you're racing a lot underwater, it might be worth picking a different kart, even if the courses themselves are very similar.
  • Absolutely buy if underwater you have to pick Woden wheels to compete.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    1:57.756.

BOOM. :) Pics closer to the deadline.

EDIT: I switched to Metal Mario/Koopa Clown/Red Monster and got my time down to 1:59 ish, but I used the same kart and wheel combo with Bowser for the time above.
  • 2:07.111 (and I can easily improve significantly on that).  I'm going to see how close to 2:00 I can get before the deadline.
  • I haven't even unlocked half the stuff you guys are talking about. :(

Went home yesterday and found that the 3DS hadn't charged even though I left it plugged in. Wierd.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I haven't even unlocked half the stuff you guys are talking about. :(

Went home yesterday and found that the 3DS hadn't charged even though I left it plugged in. Wierd.

This happens alot with mine. I find that if the orange charge light doesn't come on when you first pop your 3ds on charge, unplug it from the mains for about five minutes, then plug it back in. Should start charging straight away.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Getting there! That was my record and I got it down to 1:59 without much fuss by changing up my character/kart/wheel combination.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    2'07 is my new best... Just can't keep the kart on the track when I'm using Monster Red wheels!
  • Which character are you using?
  • Ok, here's one of my 2:02.ish runs.  I'd appreciate any advice on how to be a better kart driver, or track specific tips too (I know I should be going inside of the first puddle).  Thanks.

• Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Which character are you using?
    Been trying a variety - Mii, Wario, Bowser, Queen Bee. Using the sporty blue car with monster wheels. 
    Was most successful with Queen Bee as her handling seemed tight enough not to lose it on the S chicane.Bowser/koopa clown/red monster wheels proved too difficult to keep on the track on those corners.
  • I would use the Koopa Clown kart but it's one of the few that I haven't unlocked yet. I'm sticking with heavier characters though (metal mario at present) as I believe it brings the times down a bit. Keeping it on the track in the chicanes is just a matter of good timing in the turns isn't it (i.e. turn in early and sharply)? I stay on the gas at all times.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Keeping it on the track in the chicanes is just a matter of good timing in the turns isn't it (i.e. turn in early and sharply)? I stay on the gas at all times.
    Aye, sloppy driving skills on my part.
  • I'm ok with Koopa City now, but I still fall off Rainbow Road ALL the time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!